Page 219 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 1191692092172182192202212292693197191219 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    No not planning anything too radical.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aprilia RSA.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	228854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	155897221_full.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	228855

Wobbly was just explaining to me the lengths the rotary valve boys are going too, to compete with the reed valvers and how it might be hard to get a big enough inlet port on our GP's with their smallish side rotary valves.

Name:	155897264_full.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	228856

Yum yum stuff........ head inserts and an electric power jet carb with a throttle position sensor.

Name:	155897340_full.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	228857

Real transfer ports ..........

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Wobbly was just explaining to me the lengths the rotary valve boys are going too, to compete with the reed valvers and how it might be hard to get a big enough inlet port on our GP's with their smallish side rotary valves.
    What? The RSA engine is completely dominant, no reed valve comes close. OK so Aiohma won the 250 title on an RS but that was mainly because Simoncelli and Bautista were suffering from meltdowns, tantrums and brain fade, what a fantastic season that was. Point being the 125 with rear cylinder rotary disc out performs reed valves end of story!
    I certainly hear what your saying when it comes to the inlet afforded to us on our commuters come race bikes, the disc and subsequent inlet port just isn’t big enough, but we shouldn’t be telling every one this as it will dampen the 2 stroke fear factor. The diesel pigs should be afraid.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Point being the 125 with rear cylinder rotary disc out performs reed valves end of story!
    I certainly hear what your saying when it comes to the inlet afforded to us on our commuters come race bikes, the disc and subsequent inlet port just isn’t big enough....
    Yes I think your right about the RSA, but I am limited with the GP vis other commuter reed options.

And your double right, the Diesel’s should be afraid, as there is a 2-stroke renaissance coming.

The Stroker Buckets are becoming F4 Race Bikes..........

Bike
    Several
    Yes I think your right about the RSA, but I am limited with the GP vis other commuter reed options.

And your double right, the Diesel’s should be afraid, as there is a 2-stroke renaissance coming.

The Stroker Buckets are becoming F4 Race Bikes..........
    True.I'm going to take the reeds out of my bike sometime soon, just to see what it is they do!
    When I finally cried "Enough" with powervalve issues on my streetstock and just wired the fuckers at full lift I was thinking "Shit, I should have done this ages ago!".
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    That may not work. You'll be blowing as much fuel mixture back out the carb as into the combustion chamber. But at a guess this was a fishing expedition.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    That may not work. You'll be blowing as much fuel mixture back out the carb as into the combustion chamber. But at a guess this was a fishing expedition.
    Might just be a bit hard to start, over 9000 rpm it should be fine
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Yes you are correct. All this tech talk has got me wondering how to get more grunt out of the 4 banger. Not sure what else we can do to the FXR engine. There is always something else to try. Exhaust and intake need a look the new head will flow 32hp so no big restriction there. Anyone know of a 4 stroke single making 200hp per litre? Wonder what the 250 moto3 bikes will be putting out.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    My guess the future is going to be...... Buy a Diesel, ride the wheels off it and Win or build a fast 2-Stroke and Hope to Win.......

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Or build a fast Diesel and ride the wheels off it?
    The reason Diesls are so prevalent at the moment is that they are easy and available.
    I love two strokes but realistically don't have the time or talent to build a good one.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    Or build a fast Diesel and ride the wheels off it?
    The reason Diesls are so prevalent at the moment is that they are easy and available.
    A similar thing happened when RG50's appeared. Now you could buy a bike for not much money, strip off the road stuff, add a pipe and carb and win. The existing bikes, MB's, GT's mostly didn't stand a chance.

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Remember going to watch at Mt Welly many moons ago, at the height of the RG50 era. F5 bikes outnumbered F4 by two or three to one. Wonder where they all went, given that there are about five regular F5 runners in Auckland now.

Bike
    TZ400
    The RSA was developed simply because the KTM 125 reed was faster than the side valved Aprilia/Derby/Garelli.
    Its only "dominant" now because no one else is in the sand pit.
    Be interesting this year if anyone has taken up Bartols offer to do a bullet reed for the one last year only.
    The Aoyama RS250 was a better overall package than the Italian teams had, but it had limited factory support, and no real development for years - thus its top speed was down as a result, but the Italian 250s were still side valved.
    Again,it was a shame that the KTM 250 reed wasnt a factory supported effort that year,either.

The GP125 case does have an ultimate restriction in the possible valve/port size, but this only affects the very bottom of the powerband, as radical timings have to be used to keep with the top end available from a soundly sorted reed motor.
    Turning the RGV cylinder around and having a rear facing pipe under the seat, holds a certain facination for me though, and maybe Rob will still go with this option.
    Whatever case is used, the RGV cylinder porting is identical - to achieve over 30RWHp, its just a matter of making a choice and going with it.

Regarding the 250 - 4 strokes, this flatulant pile of crap sounding shite is what we are in for - oh dear, I for sure wont be getting up early to listen to this.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2010/...nrs-250-video/

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    It makes more power but it sounds like a lot of 4T buckets.

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    It makes more power but it sounds like a lot of 4T buckets.
    so you are trying to say that it makes about twice the power of Richbans bucket ?
    and would they be twice? as exciting to watch a bunch of them go around Taupo

I bet they never get 40+ bikes lined up on the grid
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    Yo momma
    [QUOTE=wobbly;1129958372]
    Turning the RGV cylinder around and having a rear facing pipe under the seat, holds a certain facination for me though, and maybe Rob will still go with this option.

We have been considering this for the RG400 cyl KE motor. I have more than enough parts to try it.

Thread Information