Page 2202 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 1202170221022152219222002201220222032204221222522302 ... LastLast
Results 33,016 to 33,030 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    I haven't been here for quite some time and so have missed most of the story of what has happened with Husa, so I must admit that I'm still a little sketchy on what it's all about, but Husa has always been an asset here and elswhere!
    I used to wade in too in the odd occasion - (not any more), but Husa is a really well known(and liked) guy on this forum, most of us understand him to be a good guy!

Sure, he goes a little overboard on the very odd occasion but what is wrong with that? - so do many others, (including me), but isn't he is the best chronicler? archivist? we've ever had ...... and he's been banned? - his pictures taken down by (apparently) "self righteous" reformers? ...... perhaps I'm wrong, I dunno.
    He has much support from people who have contributed some truly good material to the thread - but this does not seem to deter those who have more of a passion for policing and applying rigid rules, than for actually modifying bikes or at least having interesting discussions and sharing of ideas on the subject! ........... Just understand the guy I say!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    I haven't been here for quite some time and so have missed most of the story of what has happened with Husa, so I must admit that I'm still a little sketchy on what it's all about, but Husa has always been an asset here and elswhere!
    I used to wade in too in the odd occasion - (not any more), but Husa is a really well known(and liked) guy on this forum, most of us understand him to be a good guy!

Sure, he goes a little overboard on the very odd occasion but what is wrong with that? - so do many others, (including me), but isn't he is the best chronicler? archivist? we've ever had ...... and he's been banned? - his pictures taken down by (apparently) "self righteous" reformers? ...... perhaps I'm wrong, I dunno.
    He has much support from people who have contributed some truly good material to the thread - but this does not seem to deter those who have more of a passion for policing and applying rigid rules, than for actually modifying bikes or at least having interesting discussions and sharing of ideas on the subject! ........... Just understand the guy I say!
    I was not involved in the action taken against husaberg (I believe this was done by the site owner himself) however I would like to clear a few things up.

Firstly, he is not banned, rather in the sinbin. This removes several privileges from the member in question.
    His images have not been removed. They are still there to see. If he chooses to remove them that is his choice.
    There is no collusion between any moderator and other members of the site (including family of moderators) that led to his sin binning.
    There have been a number of ongoing issues in other areas of the site that have resulted in this action being taken. Unfortunately this affects their participation in all areas of the forum.

KB is not heavily moderated, but when things keep flaring up with regularity action will be taken. Very few 'genuine' contributors have ever been banned from the site. We don't always get it right but we do pretty damn well for people who have lives other than baby-sitting threads because certain members like to take things too far.

Please can we leave this thread for what it is intended for. If yoiu have anything you want to discuss regarding our actions PM a moderator or start a thread in the appropriate section. Any more posts off topic will be removed.

Bike
    2005 GasGas EC200

Small end of connecting rod bearing??

I have run into a problem that requires some out of the box thinking. On this crankshaft the small end of the connecting rod ID is 27mm which is designed for a 22 X 27 X 23.8mm wrist pin bearing. The piston we want to use is a off the shelf Rotax piston with a 18mm wrist pin. The way I see it I will either need to sleeve the small end of the rod with a hardened needle bearing race. (Seems like a bad idea) Or use 4.5mm loose needle bearings. If my math is right 27mm - 18mm = 9mm / 2 = 4.5mm + 18mm = 22.5 X pie / 4.5 = 15.7 needles. So I would be installing 15, 4.5 X 23.8mm loose needle bearing rollers. What do you guys think??

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Zrt1200 View Post
    I have run into a problem that requires some out of the box thinking. On this crankshaft the small end of the connecting rod ID is 27mm which is designed for a 22 X 27 X 23.8mm wrist pin bearing. The piston we want to use is a off the shelf Rotax piston with a 18mm wrist pin. The way I see it I will either need to sleeve the small end of the rod with a hardened needle bearing race. (Seems like a bad idea) Or use 4.5mm loose needle bearings. If my math is right 27mm - 18mm = 9mm / 2 = 4.5mm + 18mm = 22.5 X pie / 4.5 = 15.7 needles. So I would be installing 15, 4.5 X 23.8mm loose needle bearing rollers. What do you guys think??
    change the entire rod whats the conrod dimensions

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I was not involved in the action taken against husaberg (I believe this was done by the site owner himself) however I would like to clear a few things up..................

Please can we leave this thread for what it is intended for. If yoiu have anything you want to discuss regarding our actions PM a moderator or start a thread in the appropriate section. Any more posts off topic will be removed.
    Understood -
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    variety
    check the prox catalog for something. i mixed yami piston and ktm rod and i believe suzuki small bearing. made my own thrust washers to keep it centered

Bike
    2005 GasGas EC200
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    check the prox catalog for something. i mixed yami piston and ktm rod and i believe suzuki small bearing. made my own thrust washers to keep it centered
    I have checked ProX & Hotrods. I wanted to just change the rods out but in this case it would require shredding the crank, Welding up the crank holes. Bore and Jig grind or EDM the new holes to a smaller pin diameter. The rods on the crank now have a 26mm big pin and the rod length is 135mm. I would prefer to go to a longer rod but I have a over all height I must retain because of the rules for the class. My Build is a Arctic cat ZRT-800 engine. The stock stroke is 65mm. So Stock is a 72X65. I am building a 70X70 3 cylinder for drag racing. I dont have a problem with loose rollers. I am just not sure of the .7mm gap between all of them?? Is that to much or not enough??

Bike
    75 RD250b, 76 250C , 78 250E
    I have checked ProX & Hotrods. I wanted to just change the rods out but in this case it would require shredding the crank, Welding up the crank holes. Bore and Jig grind or EDM the new holes to a smaller pin diameter. The rods on the crank now have a 26mm big pin and the rod length is 135mm. I would prefer to go to a longer rod but I have a over all height I must retain because of the rules for the class. My Build is a Arctic cat ZRT-800 engine. The stock stroke is 65mm. So Stock is a 72X65. I am building a 70X70 3 cylinder for drag racing. I dont have a problem with loose rollers. I am just not sure of the .7mm gap between all of them?? Is that to much or not enough??

Hey, MZ TS250 ES250/0 ES250/1 ES250/2 had 135mm center to center rod with 18mm you can get them with nice silver cage bearing. Big end pins are 28mm but it's easy work to step them to 26 you need. Don't know what would be the availability in your country...

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    I know this topic is already old in this forum.
    But seeing a gif image of the Ryger engine on facebook, what is the amount of cargo charged for its renewal.
    He looked at the Ryger engine as contrary to the Dunelt

Bike
    2008 Yamaha fino
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post
    But seeing a gif image of the Ryger engine on facebook, what is the amount of cargo charged for its renewal.
    It finally seems to be DEAD!
    No surprise of course....
    50 engines for the scrapheap, that has been waiting for years.
    Nobody will be really sad.
    Except the investors, but that is the price for being STUPID.....

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post

The mystery to me is what is the actual displacement of the Ryger engine?

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    I'm wrong? . For me the actual displacement is 55 cc.
    When ascending this piston that is the cubic volume that it creates in the lower part of it.
    At the top of the piston, combustion chamber the volume if it is 125cc

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    combustion takes place above the piston, so it's the displacement above the piston that count's.

Bike
    whatever I can get running - dirt/track/
    Quote Originally Posted by Muciek View Post
    Hey, MZ TS250 ES250/0 ES250/1 ES250/2 had 135mm center to center rod with 18mm you can get them with nice silver cage bearing. Big end pins are 28mm but it's easy work to step them to 26 you need. Don't know what would be the availability in your country...
    It looks like the MZ is a 130mm O.C. rod length

https://www.con-rods.com/for-mz-ts250-pa39.html
    MZ TS250
    Big-end Width (mm): 20
    Small-end Width (mm): 20
    Big-end Bore (mm): 35
    Small-end Bore (mm): 22
    Center-to-center (mm): 130
    Pin Diameter (mm): 28
    Pin Length (mm): 60
    Big-end Bearing (mm): 28*35*20
    Small-end Bearing (mm): 18*22*24
    Washer Thickness (mm): 0.5

Bike
    TZ400
    Re the Ryger - Jan said no one will be really sad.
    I am sad that so much effort was expended on ego stroking and media hyped up bullshit , and not the application of superior engineering skills.
    Stupid the investors may in fact have been , but they had some super clever spin creators running the show.
    You must admit , to actually convince them ( and yourself ) that 70 Hp and 30,000 rpm were even remotely possible takes a class one narcissistic character , or
    a bare faced bullshit artist with no shame at all - tough call there I would say.
    The chief spin creator even got angry with our unbelieving derision - to the point of being shoved in the naughty room with Husa and his mates.
    If only all that energy had been spent on actually solving the technical issues ( one wonders why Frits bailed real quick ) , but maybe he saw the fatal flaws before anyone
    under his restrictive NDA.
    A sad indictment on shite over substance.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Thread Information