Page 2219 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 1219171921192169220922172218221922202221222922692319 ... LastLast
Results 33,271 to 33,285 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchpower View Post
    820 cc incl.transfer
    Thank you!

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    aparently there was an error in a BMEP-link in my 2-stroke excel, fixed it now.

and now there is a way of printing the portmap to actual size, so you can print it, cut out the ports and place it in your cylinder to see where you have to grind the ports some more.

links in updated topic : https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...eads-and-pipes

anyone used it already ? any comments ?

Bike
    1980 Suzuki Gs1100E
    JanBros
    I seem to have a problem bring up your second (revised) edition in my excel program. Your first edition worked fine. I admit I have a dated excel program. By the way, it looks like a very nice program.

Bike
    TZ400
    A customer wants a new pipe design , the existing pipe is rumored to be a Aprilia Type 21 , I had this design on an old hard drive I cant find.
    Anyone got the dimensions ?
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    Vagelis posted that and a few more on PitLane some time ago.
    http://www.pit-lane.biz/t3173p975-gp...-part-2-locked

Tubo21 from his post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SchematicofTunedPipeA-tubo-21_zpsd06b43e4.png 
Views:	254 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	344141

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by teriks View Post
    Vagelis posted that and a few more on PitLane some time ago.
    http://www.pit-lane.biz/t3173p975-gp...-part-2-locked

Tubo21 from his post

Views:	254 
ID:	344141
    Here is afew more compared
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/a...hmentid=310144
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/a...id=4854&page=3
    I cant remember what this one was though?
    One of Wobs?
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/a...hmentid=310087
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Aha why not three times
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	139 
ID:	344142  

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Quote Originally Posted by jfn2 View Post
    JanBros
    I seem to have a problem bring up your second (revised) edition in my excel program. Your first edition worked fine. I admit I have a dated excel program. By the way, it looks like a very nice program.
    If you want me to help, you'll have to explain the problem

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    A customer wants a new pipe design , the existing pipe is rumored to be a Aprilia Type 21 , I had this design on an old hard drive I cant find. Anyone got the dimensions ?
    Take your pic, Wob.

Name:	Tubo 21-55-102.png 
Views:	1823 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	344143

Bike
    1980 Suzuki Gs1100E
    JanBros
    Sent you a PM (I think).

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Take your pic, Wob.

Name:	Tubo 21-55-102.png 
Views:	1823 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	344143
    ^^ ..and there I guess we have the source of Vagelis version.

Bike
    Kawasaki KX500 Supermoto

Intro

Good morning. My name is Emily, this is my first comment on this forum although I've been a lurker for a year or so.

I have been heavily involved in two stroke bikes for over forty years now including racing, and crashing, most of the classic two stroke bikes that are now worth a small fortune. My interest is mainly engine development and technology, this thread has been highly educational as well as amusing at times. I am involved in development of two stroke engines, usually at my own expense(!) but increasingly companies are looking outside of the usual four stoke/ diesel engines for alternative technology, there is a huge amount of attention to patents many going back decades.

Changing subject but still involved with the two strokes there are many new aerospace plating technologies coming through and on the horizon. Although there are or will be technical challenges to overcome some of the new low friction plating technologies are opening up the possibility of ultra low oil through the two stroke engine, with the ultimate possibility of no oil becoming a reality in the near future. This is just one of the fields that I am working in.

Can I add my thanks to Frits Overmars and Jan Thiel for your input and sharing of knowledge? We all stand on the shoulders of giants relying on previous peoples efforts before pushing the boundaries to add our own little advances but the progress that these two Gentlemen have added to the world of two stroke engines cannot be underestimated. To me they have brought in the third age of two stroke engineering, the first being Walter Kaaden & MZ in the Eastern Block and the second being the Degner and Suzuki, et al developments.

Frits do you still work or consult in the field of two strokes? Perhaps a message or some way of a quick private exchange can be arranged? I would be very grateful if this can be achieved. And can I add my vote that a book would be very well received? No pressure... ;-)
    I write technical books from time to time and translate some Japanese manuals to English occasionally.

That's enough for now! I'm happy to see that reports of the death of the two stroke are premature to say the least! Keep up the good work guys.

Bike
    none
    That was quite an intriguing presentation Emily, you certainly know how to make someone curious.
    I still do some consultancy work, mainly in the field of two-stroke engines, with chassis design as a second hobby, so my days are well filled. Nevertheless, I agree that we should be in contact with each other, but as a form of self-protection, I have blocked private messages in the public forums that I visit, and I try to keep my mail and phone details to myself. If I do wish to communicate privately, I prefer to do so via email, and not via telephone, Whatsapp or, God forbid, Fakebook.
    If you wish, you can leave your e-mail address at the temporary address xxxx@yyyyy.zzz. Anyone who uses this address uninvited will be punished with a fate worse than death. I don't know exactly how yet, but I will think of something extremely frightening.

Well, we finished that. Can you tell us some more about yourself and about your activities Emily? With images maybe?

Bike
    Kawasaki KX500 Supermoto
    Hi Frits,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have sent a message to your email address please modify your post to delete the email address.

I am happy to share information and discuss things with you and everybody on here. I am however subject to a number on non-disclosure agreements so I will not be able to discuss anything other than publicly available information on some subjects.

I will dig some photo's out and post them when I have a spare minute or two.

Emily.

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead
    If there were a way to run a square top edge on the exhaust port, and similarly remove the bridge between A and B ports, or the bridge between B and C ports, while still running a square top edge on those ports, all without breaking rings, would you, and if so which of the 3 changes would you make ?

Thread Information