Page 2222 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 1222172221222172221222202221222222232224223222722322 ... LastLast
Results 33,316 to 33,330 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Pursang View Post
    Clever interpretations of the Rules
    Daryl, I have evenly divided a good deal of my time between writing regulations and finding loopholes. If the rules are open to interpretation, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pursang View Post
    Assumes that F1 wants to be seen as being at the leading edge of technological development.
    Sure, F1 wants to be seen as that, which is not at all saying that they really want to be it.
    When I think of all the developments they blocked (two-stroke engines, continuously variable transmission and active suspension are just a few)...
    If someone asks you whether an idea will work, just point at their rulebook: if it's banned, it would have worked.

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiplane View Post
    According my experience Rugerised engine very heavy to start. Seems I have to increase piston squirt from intake side or do something else.
    Sometimes we gives up in attempts to start 550cc engine witg pull starter. If launched works well, but really hard to start.
    Interesting to hear about your work results with very nice parts.

If your CreizKopf engine cylinder intake/transfer route is like on the std RMZ 550 engine, without any direct tunnels to transfer ports and all mass from reeds flow directly to under piston space through one intake center window, then piston skirt bottom line from A-B-C-B-A must be much lower. As low as transfer windows stay still closed when piston is at TDC. And from that point, step by step, try to cut skirt. I think this help extract even more torque through all rev range. But anyway, it would be more or less usual scavenge engine.

Good thing, is that unloaded main piston allow to work piston skirt bottom line in suction mode all the way through A-B-C-B-A and this opens many variations.
    With your engine, it would be very interesting if you close the std cylinder reed cage space, just only left C long tunnel, and made all reed intake stuff on the new under cylinder spacer ( red line). Then it is possible to arrange all flow directly to A B transfer tunnels, around suds on this engine, with blocked cylinder side cutouts.
    With C, two different variation would be interesting to try
    One, C tunnel isolated from reed space and help release pressure under piston at BDC
    Other, C tunnel works in the same way as A and B, but to release pressure under piston at BDC, additional reeds needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40326b-4.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	424.5 KB 
ID:	344190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CreizCopf.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	249.4 KB 
ID:	344191  

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Its hard to believed, especially after future perspective of Moto GP 250kg Energica monsters, but as it still not the first day of April, its very nice news.

Time to get up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14508764_10208410105984035_1120868003_n.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	344192  

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Ok, technically we have
    Dry top end

Uniflow scavenge, without the traditional uniflow transfer issues

HCCI via sudden compression increase to initiate combustion

This all smells of efficiency and low emission all combined into one unit, what is stopping us?

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Sure, F1 wants to be seen as that, which is not at all saying that they really want to be it.
    When I think of all the developments they blocked (active suspension and continuously variable transmission are just a few)...
    If someone asks you whether an idea will work, just point at their rulebook: if it's banned, it would have worked.
    "if it's banned, it would have worked"..... &

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    But it won't start me watching car racing . Still be a snore.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    about my excel : another small error has come up : on the Data page , in cell Q14 both "exhaust new" should be "exhaust old" , so change it yourself or download it again. it's corrected now.

it resulted in not showing the A.A, T.A and STA for "exhaust old" in a specific circumstance.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350

CreizKopf

Quote Originally Posted by katinas View Post
    Interesting to hear about your work results with very nice parts.
    If your CreizKopf engine cylinder intake/transfer route is like on the std RMZ 550 engine...
    Hello Katinas. Thanks for valuable and interesting comments. Seems this project will a bit stagnated cause it was made as experiment without real customer and few next months I will have some urgent orders to perform. Yes, seems skirt from intake side should be lower. Besides RMZ carburetors inclined outward and fuel goes out of carburetor on ground. In cold warehouse where I tried to start engine last time it was about -6C which make start even more complicate. And pull starter... It was better have less than 550cc engine as test bench.

At moment to start work only pervert way put some fuel in cylinder directly and when sometimes it start, sometimes not. Probably I should make new “long skirt” pistons, install electrical starter and may be fuel injection. May be it will happen few months later. Will share when will have good news.

Bike
    TZ400
    JFN2 - in all the excitement of the pipe dynamics discussion I forgot about your pressure question.
    The only time I have measured pressure was in a race Jetski to try and find the optimum point to turn on the water injection in the stinger to boost top end power.
    Simply using a 0-5psi gauge on a 1M long piece of pipe.
    That measured 3psi ( average obviously ) under full acceleration.
    The pressure generated though , seems to me not particularly enlightening.
    It is created by the bleed rate from the stinger , and that can be optimized in EngMod by looking at the Mach at the nozzle if it has one , or within the straight stinger pipe if not.
    This operates best when peaking at 0.8 Mach.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    1980 Suzuki Gs1100E
    wobbly:
    Thank you for the reply.The reason I asked this question was this is the explanation given for the read out on a Superflow 902 readout sheet.
    ExhPrs psig- this is the average gauge pressure inside the tuned pipe(s) measured with a combination pressure transducer/ open element temperature probe in the fat part of a pipe center section. To generalize, 4.0 psi seems to be optimal in creating max HP in two stroke engines. If backpressure is lower, then power might be sacrificed. But then there is less possibility of detonation-producing active radicals being packed back into the combustion chamber by the pipe(s) return sound wave(s).

Then again I don't know what "active radicals" are either.

Bike
    TZ400
    Yea sure 4psig may be a rule of thumb for average pipe residual pressure , but I bet that is closely tied to the bmep generated , so not a good point to be heading for , depending if its an MX or GP bike spec..
    Also the lower the residual pressure the lower the pipe efficiency , thus big stingers generate better bottom end ( at the expense of topend ) so horses for courses applies.
    The only time free radicals are formed in the combustion chamber , is due to excessive pressure and temp creating destructive wave fronts of detonation in the trapped squish end gases.
    This can be caused in part by overheated scavenging mixture sitting in the Ex duct , being returned by the plugging wave back into the cylinder.
    No radicals are returned from the duct ( simply not enough temp or pressure involved ) - just badly overheated combustion products , that then create the conditions for detonation during the combustion event.
    It was suggested by a certain giant engineering tosser that a hot Exhaust duct transferred more energy into the pipe , I proved that wrong by coating a duct with ceramic , the result was a loss of 2Hp and big deto numbers.
    This delighted Jan , as it was his ex boss at Aprilia ( The Great Leader ) who proposed this absurd hypothesis and proved it by subsequently building the worst GP engine seen in the modern era.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    And this Great Leader is now going to put Fantic straight:

https://www.motocrossplanet.nl/nieuw...-de-motorcross

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Quote from someone in 2004:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Witteveen might be the chief engineer, hise xperience howevr came from MX. The real 2 stroke guru behind the succes in 125 , 250 and the 500 2 stroke is work of another Dutchman, Jan Thiel and he is still there. Jan Thiel started in 50 cc in the beginning of the 70's with Jamathi (in fact Jamathi stand for JA (Jan) MA (Martijn) THI (Thiel) Martij Lodewijks was the rider and has been 50cc Worls champion on the bike made by Jan Thiel.
    Then he went to Italy, worked at Minarelli, Piovaticci and finally Garelli were he worked with Angel Nieto for years, being worldcgampios in 125 for almost a decade. Angel Nieto also took him to Bultaco and they became again world champion in 50cc.
    After the closing of Garelli and Bulktaco he joined Aprilia. He is the guy who design the cilinders and 2 stroke engines and makes them fast.
    So 125 and 250 are secured for future. Wiiteveen was lately responsible for MotoGP and the Cube project. Not a succes story. Also Witteveen sacked Dall Igna last year. He joined Gilera!! .. the rest is logcal I think. His project might have mistaken basis. As the 500 V twin, it was in theory a better concept but never won a GP. The Cube 3 cilinder was meant to be a superlight engine. In the real world it never reached it's minimum weight and never worked properly because they strted with a F-1 based Cosworth engine. All together enough to put Witteveen in a not very strong position. "
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Quote from someone in 2004:
    Well Witteveen might be the chief engineer, hise xperience howevr came from MX. The real 2 stroke guru behind the succes in 125 , 250 and the 500 2 stroke is work of another Dutchman, Jan Thiel and he is still there. Jan Thiel started in 50 cc in the beginning of the 70's with Jamathi (in fact Jamathi stand for JA (Jan) MA (Martijn) THI (Thiel) Martij Lodewijks was the rider and has been 50cc Worls champion on the bike made by Jan Thiel.
    Then he went to Italy, worked at Minarelli, Piovaticci and finally Garelli were he worked with Angel Nieto for years, being worldcgampios in 125 for almost a decade. Angel Nieto also took him to Bultaco and they became again world champion in 50cc.
    After the closing of Garelli and Bulktaco he joined Aprilia. He is the guy who design the cilinders and 2 stroke engines and makes them fast.
    So 125 and 250 are secured for future. Wiiteveen was lately responsible for MotoGP and the Cube project. Not a succes story. Also Witteveen sacked Dall Igna last year. He joined Gilera!! .. the rest is logcal I think. His project might have mistaken basis. As the 500 V twin, it was in theory a better concept but never won a GP. The Cube 3 cilinder was meant to be a superlight engine. In the real world it never reached it's minimum weight and never worked properly because they strted with a F-1 based Cosworth engine. All together enough to put Witteveen in a not very strong position. "
    A sympathetic story that could do with a correction or two.
    Jamathi is derived from JAn THIel and MArtin Mijwaart, who started building racers together in the Netherlands in 1964.
    Their companion Paul Lodewijkx, although a top class rider, has never been a world champion. He might have been, but for Angel Nieto running him off the track in Ulster I think it was.
    From the Netherlands, Jan and Martin moved to Piovaticci in Italy. A year later they were brought to Bultaco by Angel Nieto.
    After Bultaco stopped racing, Jan, Martin and Angel went to Minarelli and when old man Minarelli passed away, Jan and Angel went to Garelli while Martin and his family returned to the Netherlands.
    From 1995 to 2004 Jan worked at Aprilia. He never worked on the 500 twin; that was a Witteveen project and Jan Thiel despised it.
    At the end of 2004 Jan went from Aprilia to Derbi and Gigi Dalligna wisely decided to follow him. At Derbi Jan designed and developed the bike that later became known as the RSA. When Aprilia, Derbi and Gilera came together under the management of Piaggio, Jan returned to Aprilia, after which he retired in 2008.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Frits, well done....
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Thread Information