Page 2242 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1242174221422192223222402241224222432244225222922342 ... LastLast
Results 33,616 to 33,630 of 39424

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by yatasaki View Post
    At some point theoretical TDC is prolonged by transfer piston hunting exhaust piston meaning combustion volume is moving with pistons. It works with diesel spining 2000-2200rews max. but with gasoline and 10-12k rew would say ignition should follow that volume-time.
    Thanks, I suppose that (in theory) if the stroke of each of the pistons is the same and we were using very high compression, eg say an extreme 20:1 (in phase shift mode that is), if we reduced the phase shift to zero, the crowns might then overlap at TDC ? - then I guess we would have to increase the distance between the crankshaft axes to prevent this "piston clash"? ....... I think I've just coined a new phase (I mean phrase)!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Engine on its way back together, leak fixed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200412_143050.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	718.3 KB 
ID:	345400  

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Engine on its way back together, leak fixed.
    Will be great to hear it run! - long journey!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Hi Folke.
    I am a faithful defender of the basis of its principles, but I disagree in the form.
    I don't understand why it needs to be. "Having a solid seal on the exhaust valve will allow additional inlet pressure to be added and will also prevent the fresh fuel mixture from escaping."
    I do not see the need for the "theoretical plug" to have to be SOLID (an example: neither is it necessary to have a deflator to direct the load upwards) you only have to orient the jets properly).
    I may be wrong wrong about the ways, but the important thing is to show that the principles are appropriate and in that I see that you are fighting to achieve it

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    I suppose that (in theory) if the stroke of each of the pistons is the same and we were using very high compression, eg say an extreme 20:1 (in phase shift mode that is), if we reduced the phase shift to zero, the crowns might then overlap at TDC ? Then I guess we would have to increase the distance between the crankshaft axes to prevent this "piston clash".
    You're right about the overlap, Will. And yes, you could increase the distance between the crankshafts.
    But don't you think it would be easier to fit shorter con rods? Or use the KISS approach and just fit shorter pistons?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    or just put everything in the right place in the first place?

Bike
    husaberg
    or just put everything in the right place in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    You're right about the overlap, Will. And yes, you could increase the distance between the crankshafts.
    But don't you think it would be easier to fit shorter con rods? Or use the KISS approach and just fit shorter pistons?
    Yes Frits/Neil - that was just my mind sort of "doodling" and thinking of possible (theoretical) scenarios, ie maybe possible but never likely to happen - basically "tounge in cheek" that's me I guess!.
    But .... As I have always said, (and I have nearly always been correct) - every joke is inspired by a serious thought, so I never take a joke at face value! ..... and yes I've also thought about the possible remedies you describe, - didn't need to, but just in case!

Maybe I'm just trying to say that there are better ways of obtaining blow down / plugging etc than phase shift! ( not arguing, just suggesting!).

Can't think why a lot of people don't at least consider opposed piston - (BTW I realize this thread is really for Bucket Racers, but unfortunately ALL 2T stuff has defaulted back here again, it would seem)..... but the OP engine was successful in the past and apparently there are a lot of fishing boats in Brazil or somewhere still working daily with their original Commer three cylinder OP two stroke engines (well over 60 years later!!). - is that good or not?
    Not so sure about using a turbo - definitely not a KISS solution if you have to spin it up in order to get the engine going!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Husa,

I thought Duckworth was a far seeing man, but he didn't consider the two stroke or turbos - so he can't have been!

Colin Chapman obviously couldn't spell for shit! ( going by the quote you posted) - and he made a mistake in becoming mates with John DeLorean!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Wiil D, there was once an OP bucket.

Bike
    husaberg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uniflow 100.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	345401Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uniflow 100 1994.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	549.4 KB 
ID:	345402

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Yes, I think I may have heard about that one - I'm sure it had its "debut" race down the country somewhere and the experimental ignition upset a few people... or something? - built by some obscure guy - maybe you can fill me in on all that and correct me if I'm wrong?

Is that bike still around? (maybe down in the old cowshed?) or did the engine end up powering the boat? - Neil?
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    The down side of the out door dyno, had to wrap a tarp around the whole thing, and wait. Never mind back to project no. 483 😆.
    Actually just drawing up a cross section of the 175 uniflow engine. All other projects on the side bar until enthusiasm strikes me.

Bike
    triumph 800xc 2011
    Post no longer wanted

Bike
    KR1S, KX500, gamma500, tomos
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    Thanks, I suppose that (in theory) if the stroke of each of the pistons is the same and we were using very high compression, eg say an extreme 20:1 (in phase shift mode that is), if we reduced the phase shift to zero, the crowns might then overlap at TDC ? - then I guess we would have to increase the distance between the crankshaft axes to prevent this "piston clash"? ....... I think I've just coined a new phase (I mean phrase)!
    If pistons are flat, no need for overlap...but good thinking, if any other kind of dome,higher compression ratios are not achievable.

Thread Information