Page 225 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1251752152232242252262272352753257251225 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    Get it right guys - the 125 KZ2 kart engines make 44RWHp = around 50 crank at 13000 with a 30mm restricted carb,pump gas and a straight line ignition.

The issue with the aircooled I believe is the basic technology available, if it was allowed to use aftermarket cylinder castings with super sex ports/ducts, that equal those in say a RGV250 for example, then its easy to build a rocket.
    The bmep is lower in the 125 size cylinder, making the same power as a 100, so the 24mm carb would not be such an issue.
    But if the carb restriction was lifted, then a serious relook would be needed.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    I was chatting to JC yesterday and it sounds like the carb restriction for aircooled 125s is close to being a thing of the past. I mentioned to him that it generally wasn't considered to be a handicap now but I didn't get the impression he was going to stop the change. He sees the restriction to air-cooling as being the limiting factor which I think TZ would agree with.

He had some interesting thoughts on the "fast" FXR150s and cited figures from other quick 4 strokes.
    How is it up to JC to stop or not stop this or any rule change? I thought there was a process that involved putting in a remit to your club and then the club decides wether or not to take it to the MNZ or ACU agm.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

Bike
    '08 zx6r, GP125, '76 T140V
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    How is it up to JC to stop or not stop this or any rule change? I thought there was a process that involved putting in a remit to your club and then the club decides wether or not to take it to the MNZ or ACU agm.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.
    All he has to do is submit it through the AMCC then, i'm sure no-one will complain if the playing feild is levelled slightly.
    Sorry Officer - I wasn't speeding, i was qualifying...

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by CM2005 View Post
    All he has to do is submit it through the AMCC then, i'm sure no-one will complain if the playing feild is levelled slightly.
    What do you mean by levelled slightly? TZ350's GP makes 27hp with a 24mm carb. There is only a handful of H2O 100's that make more. That sounds 'level' to me.
    Just because other 125'ers have not had the same success with their bikes doesn't automatically mean the rules should be changed to make it easier.
    Also, if the presant carb restriction is, as others are saying, not the limiting factor for the 125 aircooled bikes, then why bother changing the rule at all. Quote from Wobbly 'But if the carb restriction was lifted, then a serious relook would be needed'... Yeah no shit!
    TZ350's bike 27hp with 24mm carb, obviously more hp with no carb restriction.

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    What do you mean by levelled slightly? TZ350's GP makes 27hp with a 24mm carb. There is only a handful of H2O 100's that make more. That sounds 'level' to me.
    Just because other 125'ers have not had the same success with their bikes doesn't automatically mean the rules should be changed to make it easier.
    there is always ONE who needs more power than anyone else..... unfortunately I also fall into that category

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by ajturbo View Post
    there is always ONE who needs more power than anyone else..... unfortunately I also fall into that category
    That's because you're a fat cunt, lay off the pies and you wont need as much HP
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    '08 zx6r, GP125, '76 T140V
    Quote Originally Posted by ajturbo View Post
    me too, i need power to make up for my riding inadequacies.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    How is it up to JC to stop or not stop this or any rule change? ....... Please correct me if I am wrong.
    I don't think your wrong, but things may have changed a little. After MNZ has received a proposed rule change from where ever, competitor or club, they talk with people recognised as knowledgable in the area, if it sounds sensible then MNZ list it on their web site for input and comment after that things could change or be left as they were depending on feedback.

I guess MNZ have been talking to JC about a suggested rule change and he could back it or poo poo it depending on how he sees it. JC probably won't be the only one they have talked with.

Anyway something like that..................

MNZ's compition rule change policy:- http://www.mnz.co.nz/download/Compet...nge_Policy.pdf

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by CM2005 View Post
    me too, i need power to make up for my riding inadequacies.
    Double ditto, me too ........

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    He had some interesting thoughts on the "fast" FXR150s and cited figures from other quick 4 strokes.
    And what was so interesting. Did he mention its really hard to get much more than 160hp per liter of on a air cooled 4 stroke single. The only rule change should be for the 4 strokes. Bigger bigger bigger.

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    And what was so interesting. Did he mention its really hard to get much more than 160hp per liter of on a air cooled 4 stroke single. The only rule change should be for the 4 strokes. Bigger bigger bigger.
    they had the last rule change our turn now
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    they had the last rule change our turn now
    Yes, 4 stroke 145cc changed to 150cc which is why buckets is as popular as it has ever been.

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Yes, 4 stroke 145cc changed to 150cc which is why buckets is as popular as it has ever been.

i'll take a 5mm change 24mm to 29mm carb

if it wasent for the fxr150's it would be a lot easier for the 2 strokes to get threw the traffic to the frount
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post

yep easy if you swap it for a cbr150

JC having been involved with racing cbr150's in aussie has mentioned that the fxr dosent stand a chance against a developed cbr

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    yep easy if you swap it for a cbr150

JC having been involved with racing cbr150's in aussie has mentioned that the fxr dosent stand a chance against a developed cbr
    Not seen a fast one yet. Bike that is.

Thread Information