Page 2260 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1260176021602210225022582259226022612262227023102360 ... LastLast
Results 33,886 to 33,900 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    There are two answers , the first is if hollow dowels are used to locate the head or cylinder.
    In this case having the thread bottom , and "lockup " is fine.
    Without dowels , many companies use the unthreaded portion that locks in the top of the thread , to also locate the sliding component.
    In my book a pair of hollow dowels is mandatory good practice.
    Honda have used an extra pair of small solid dowels as well , but I believe in KISS like Frits.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    RIP Auckland track. Just read on Stuff the appeal failed in court.
    Axe has fallen.

Sorry to hear you Auckland guys.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    I don't know about engines, but I often used shoulder bolts to locate components in tooling. The precision shoulder portion locates the components. It's a lot quicker and easier than separate holes for dowels.

Lohring Miller

Bike
    1980 Peugeot 103
    Not sure if this has been shared yet, but figured it might be interesting to some of you guys... I've been on the Megasquirt forums lately, and someone there has been working on EFI for his 2-stroke converted EX500. He couldn't share details until he applied for a patent (patents?), but he recently submitted the application(s), so he is now free to share some details.
    He just released this video that shows things pretty clearly:

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by mantonakakis View Post
    ...He couldn't share details until he applied for a patent (patents?), but he recently submitted the application(s), so he is now free to share some details.
    I wonder what he hopes to patent. In the video I haven't seen anything that has not been done before.

Bike
    1993, suzuki rgv250
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    I wonder what he hopes to patent. In the video I haven't seen anything that has not been done before.
    It will take about 18 months until the application is public to see what of the engine that he claims. Respect to all of the work and thought put into it. I wonder if it is (yet) sort of "balanced" from the inlet to outlet to be a really high performer?

BTW, KTM is still working on to have their patent applications on the TPI granted. Not always so easy..

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Yes, its hard to patent something that has already been done.

Bike
    1980 Peugeot 103
    I currently work in the freight railroad industry, but not with locomotives. I work at a large test track, so I although I don't work with those big diesel engines directly, I've seen enough components laying around the place to see quite a few similarities... although the cylinder liners I see at the test center are the size of my torso!

EDIT: Here's the thread on the Megasquirt forums, there's a little bit of discussion/description going on later in the thread:
    https://www.msextra.com/forums/viewt...?f=101&t=72623

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (14).jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	346124 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (15).jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	346125

Kawasaki EX500 55 RWHP @ 9500 RPM in 4T trim. I am not sure why you would want to convert it to a modest performance 2T.

Great bit of work though, impressive devotion to the mission. It is exciting to see these new engines and I would love to know more about any real advantages the constructor has found with his prototype.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Have to agree Frits, lots of design features seen elsewhere, even one starting with an R. Mind he put in a great effort, both in the detail design, manufacture and recording. Quite complex compared to either a 4 or 2 stroke. Interesting the primary header lengths are different from front to back.

The thing runs & idles, sounds smooth. However, it did have the characteristic failing: 4 stroking at low speeds = unburnt fuel = unburnt HCs = emissions = sadness. Still, this could be a simple mapping thing.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Have to agree Frits, lots of design features seen elsewhere, even one starting with an R. Mind he put in a great effort, both in the detail design, manufacture and recording. Quite complex compared to either a 4 or 2 stroke. Interesting the primary header lengths are different from front to back.

The thing runs & idles, sounds smooth. However, it did have the characteristic failing: 4 stroking at low speeds = unburnt fuel = unburnt HCs = emissions = sadness. Still, this could be a simple mapping thing.
    i had a quick look and the valve timing is also (from what was in one post before i got distracted by work)different front to back.
    i noticed that as well the the 4 stroking (too rich on the pilot electronics)different note though 4 stroke then and falling to a two stoke down low or on overrun with the normal off idle woollynesss
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post

I asked him what is different from the Ryger concept but did not get a real answer.

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (14).jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	346124 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (15).jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	346125

Kawasaki EX500 55 RWHP @ 9500 RPM in 4T trim. I am not sure why you would want to convert it to a modest performance 2T.

Great bit of work though, impressive devotion to the mission. It is exciting to see these new engines and I would love to know more about any real advantages the constructor has found with his prototype.
    What is missing

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Vannik View Post
    I asked him what is different from the Ryger concept but did not get a real answer.
    funny, sounds exactly like what answers we got from Ryger and his sidekick luc fornicathimself.
    Does the rev counter go to 30,000 rpm and make 70hp .

but seriously his HP figures seam to be realistic.
    dDd you ever map out the potential of the other engine if it actually defied physics and managed to hold together to 30,000rpm
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    dDd you ever map out the potential of the other engine if it actually defied physics and managed to hold together to 30,000rpm
    Yes, from the homologation papers it seems that its pumping chamber has only 55% of the engine displacement, so unless they discovered a way to more than double the suction of the pipe it was only good for mid 30s hp. Which seems to correspond to dyno figures Jan has heard. I think we will not hear any more from the Ryger crowd.

Thread Information