Page 2265 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1265176521652215225522632264226522662267227523152365 ... LastLast
Results 33,961 to 33,975 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiplane View Post
    Any idea how make simple and robust connection of 2 existing crankshafts to inline layout with minimal rework of original parts?
    https://www.rrd-preparation.com/en/v...linder-2t.html
    Hi, most easily dismantled construction was used on outboard Privet 350 engine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	razemnyy_kolenchatyy_val_i_stalnye_zolotniki.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	346258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	razobrannyy_karter_s_chetyrmya_razemami.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	346259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Privet.gif 
Views:	151 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	346257  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So if snow engine is piston port can you copy a Suzuki RM barrel circa 1980s and feed a pair of boosts from the Bs? Cut water jacket hole, then inner to make trenches, bore ports, glue back ally with Devcon/JB, then Water jacket. Must be bliss working on huge cylinders.

Or cut off inlet, graft on huge Reed and drill proper boost port? Done that before more than once.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1991 MZ 301
    Quote Originally Posted by katinas View Post
    Do You have a clearer picture of how the screw position 8 clamps the counterweights around the shaft?
    If it works well (do not loose grip) it is an elegant and cheap solution .

Bike
    ETEC 800
    Thank you for the replys. The specific cylinders that I am referring to are air cooled and indeed piston port. Experimenting with staggered openings may be in the future. The rules state that intake concept must be maintained. In other words, no reed conversion allowed. Feeding boost ports via the B ports is impractical in this application as I have already slightly blown thru the rear stud bores. Also already have a lot of devcon on the transfer short side radii as without it you can see the cylinder head from the bottom of the transfer ducts. They will call me Dr. Devcon if I keep it up!

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Quote Originally Posted by Niels Abildgaard View Post
    Do You have a clearer picture of how the screw position 8 clamps the counterweights around the shaft?
    If it works well (do not loose grip) it is an elegant and cheap solution .
    Niels, I did not find clear picture, but found video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVBOgW-o4CE from 17.47 to 22 min well visible.

Bike
    none
    Niels, I did not find clear picture, but found video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVBOgW-o4CE
    Nice engine, nice video. It left me with two questions.
    1: Why the threaded plug in the crankcase wall for access to the crankshaft pinch bolt, if that bolt is readily accessible from above?
    2: Why are both piston ring slots right above each other instead of spread over the piston circumference? Just because it was convenient to use one long stift, fitted from above, for both ring slots? I will admit it's KISS, but I don't think it's the best way to reduce leakage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Privet pinch bolt-01.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	346262 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Privet pinch bolt-02.jpg 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	346261 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Privet ring slots.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	346260

Bike
    1991 MZ 301
    Niels, I did not find clear picture, but found video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVBOgW-o4CE from 17.47 to 22 min well visible.
    Thank You.Very clear and interesting even if I do not understand rusian.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    Thank Katinas. Yes clamping solution is elegant, but I thinking how correctly connect 2 existing crankshafts like AM6 using cylindrical shafts

Bike
    1991 MZ 301
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Nice engine, nice video. It left me with two questions.
    1: Why the threaded plug in the crankcase wall for access to the crankshaft pinch bolt, if that bolt is readily accessible from above?
    2: Why are both piston ring slots right above each other instead of spread over the piston circumference? Just because it was convenient to use one long stift, fitted from above, for both ring slots? I will admit it's KISS, but I don't think it's the best way to reduce leakage.

Name:	Privet pinch bolt-01.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	346262 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Privet pinch bolt-02.jpg 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	346261 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Privet ring slots.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	346260
    I have no explanation for the plug hole in crankcasebut it does not cost much
    Many two stroke pistons work their whole life with only one piston ring.
    Maybe the second ring gives more friction than gain in power.
    Worth a try by someone with a dyno and a two ring pison engine

Bike
    zuma50
    Just put a hole in each inner crank webs, press a straight shaft between the 2

Thank Katinas. Yes clamping solution is elegant, but I thinking how correctly connect 2 existing crankshafts like AM6 using cylindrical shafts

Bike
    TZ400
    My KISS take would be to have a single , central , female sleeve that both cranks press into.
    This can be any suitable diameter than the stock main bearing surfaces , as you will then need to make a central labarinth seal fitting over this sleeve to suit.

Just be aware of the problems involved with pressing a shaft directly into the middle of any crank wheel.
    This internal press fit will plastic deform the big end bearing hole directly above the shaft bore, and change the stroke slightly comparred to a non pressed wheel.
    Makes truing the crank impossible , unless the wheel with the inner press fit has the stroke centerline moved inwards to compensate.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    By "Existing" cranks do you mean unmodified? If so, here is something dodgy, that could be done in a small workshop.

Name:	coupling a.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	346263

Internal thread is only intended to pull the tapers tight. Secured with loctite, vent hole to prevent pressure lock.

Countersunk screws to provide visual & mechanical access to the key-ways for indexing. (Psychological security too, maybe!)

Final indexing will require selective fit or hand finishing on one taper.

One thread will be anti rotational??, if this is a concern, shim the coupler to the main bearing on that side. (fit a bigger ID crank seal)

If reversing one crank is not an option, it might be possible to machine one internal end of the coupler flat, to lock against the drive side shaft. Engine rotation will be more critical.

cheers Daryl.

Bike
    husaberg
    Ariel arrow
    as there is more than one version i guess one is better /cheaper/easier than the other.

Name:	DSCF7137.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	361.1 KB 
ID:	346264Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	346265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.gif 
Views:	125 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	346266Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ariel-leader-arrow-crankshaft.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	346267

Another option is what Aermacchi HD used.

Name:	Aermacchi HD twin crank.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	346268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aermacchi HD twin crank 2.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	346269

or good old RD200

There is maybe enough material to do any three but the HD/macchi solution looks to be the easiest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    The Ariel Arrow taper and woodruff key was the last straw, a great example of going too far with the budget thing! - no doubt meant to be a cheap alternative to a Hirth arrangement! - the bloody thing slipped slightly (just after you set the timing!!
    Also the splined shaft on the RD 200 is good of course, but how could that be cheaper than the Hirth design? - can't see it!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    Thanks all comunity for advices

Quote Originally Posted by Pursang View Post
    By "Existing" cranks do you mean unmodified? .
    Very small modification like cut off shafts

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    My KISS take would be to have a single , central , female sleeve that both cranks press into.
    Yes, I want to have conical shafts at left and right, and cylindrical crank parts fitted together. Probably thermal fit should work OK.
    Or maybe loctite will make a job. May be I will need make groove in sleeve for keyhole.

Other company, my competitor make connection like this
    Press fit and labyrinth sealing. But engine dont produce declared power and cranks often shift by some angle in connection.

Me making opposites with 2 main strokes 43mm+- and 52mm+-, but want try V90 and inline.
    It is important to make cranks as cheap as possible and easy reparable by customer in any country using easy to get parts.
    At moment I produce cranks by myself, but in small butch each crank for twin have internal cost ~250USD.
    I quoted production in China on my drawings and got even bigger prices if order below 300 units.
    Noone want make 10...25 custom cranks.

Contrary the price serial cranks, says:
    BWS 90 42mm stroke
    Simson s70 44mm stroke
    Gilera Runner 51mm stroke
    is just 46 USD for small numbers and 25USD in a quantity.

One strange idea - is it possible use "spline" side of crank to connect shafts using connector made of variator parts?
    Or may be exist standards or drawings for splines shape? Will this connection compensate some imperfecties in aligment?

Thread Information