Page 2286 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1286178621862236227622842285228622872288229623362386 ... LastLast
Results 34,276 to 34,290 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    I found the slip calculation function in the software.
    question is, how to use it?
    Or more correctly use the percentnumbers to use, let´s say lost power calculations?

Bike
    TZ400
    I have only just loaded V40 and have never needed to use "slip % " . But its available as an automatic calculation under Test menu .
    All that gives you is a % difference between the engine speed delta Vs roller speed delta that would always be 0 % with no slip , either from a tyre on a roller , or a clutch allowing the previously set gear ratio to change.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    I have only just loaded V40 and have never needed to use "slip % " . But its available as an automatic calculation under Test menu .
    All that gives you is a % difference between the engine speed delta Vs roller speed delta that would always be 0 % with no slip , either from a tyre on a roller , or a clutch allowing the previously set gear ratio to change.
    I´ve got this insanly high slip percentage, like 280%
    I dunno what to do with the number, it only tells me it slips a lot.

Is it 280% higher engine rpm than it should be with no slip?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Surely at beyond 100% slip you into negative slip. You could just be on to something if you can harness that.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Surely at beyond 100% slip you into negative slip. You could just be on to something if you can harness that.
    Infinite Improbability Drive
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    Infinite Improbability Drive
    So Adegnes, you return with a report.
    The 'pegged' ring works, yes we have been watching. Anything else of intetest to report to wet our appetite.
    A jolly good old 'well done' is in order.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    So Adegnes, you return with a report.
    The 'pegged' ring works, yes we have been watching. Anything else of intetest to report to wet our appetite.
    A jolly good old 'well done' is in order.
    Thanks! At work atm, I'll be back with the report.
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I'll put the kettle on.

(For a really hot cup of tea).
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TZ400
    My guess would be that the slip % represents the calculated difference between the engine acceleration rate vs that of the roller.
    if the inputted overall gear ratio between the two is exceeded by x 2.8 then you have 280% slip.
    Exactly like doing a run in 1st gear , instead of 6th , without changing the set ratio previously calculated from the rpm histogram..
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by SwePatrick View Post
    I´ve got this insanly high slip percentage, like 280%
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Surely at beyond 100% slip you into negative slip.
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    My guess would be that the slip % represents the calculated difference between the engine acceleration rate vs that of the roller.
    if the inputted overall gear ratio between the two is exceeded by x 2.8 then you have 280% slip.
    Exactly like doing a run in 1st gear , instead of 6th , without changing the set ratio previously calculated from the rpm histogram..
    I'm with Wobbly. I'd leave the acceleration rate out of the equasion but I'd say that 100% slip means that the crankshaft turns twice as fast as it should, given the transmission ratio.
    So, if the calculated riding velocity with a given crankshaft rpm is 380 kmh, and the real speed is only 100 kmh, you have 280% slip. It may not be negative, but in any case it is insanely high.

Bike
    I´m having some issues taming this engine, but it´s just keep on trying new things.
    I noticed Yamaha YZ250F 2001-11 clutchdiscs might work, they´re just a couple of tenth´s bigger in outer diam, same width on the tabs, and same innerdiameter.
    Rekluse seem to have thinner discs, and by that i can fit more discs.
    YZ125 91-92 might also have the same dimensions.

Can anyone confirm these measurements on those?(in picture)

And then one more question, if running extremely rich, is it possible it starts to bang in the pipes on wide open throttle when making a dynopull?
    I noticed the engine is somewhat difficult to jet as i cant make any serious pulls in dyno when the clutch slips.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H240718c467fd409a96e530ec280a16fap.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	347157

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by SwePatrick View Post
    if running extremely rich, is it possible it starts to bang in the pipes on wide open throttle when making a dynopull?
    I noticed the engine is somewhat difficult to jet as i cant make any serious pulls in dyno when the clutch slips.
    That would require unburnt mixture in the pipes and an ignition source. The first requirement can be met with a mixture that is so rich it won't ignite, and the second requirement with a mixture that is so rich that it will ignite, but burn so slowly that combustion is still going on when the exhaust ports open. By the way, an overly-lean mixture could show a similar behaviour.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    That would require unburnt mixture in the pipes and an ignition source. The first requirement can be met with a mixture that is so rich it won't ignite, and the second requirement with a mixture that is so rich that it will ignite, but burn so slowly that combustion is still going on when the exhaust ports open. By the way, an overly-lean mixture could show a similar behaviour.
    More info that might help you distancediagnose:

When cold, just after i shut off the choke´s it is running really nice, no pops and bangs.
    But after just a couple of freerevving blips on the throttle, say, five to six times it starts to pop when engine is decelerating(closed throttle)

I figure when freerevving it doesn´t burn the fuel fully and it build up in the pipe, and finally pops and bangs.
    Then it all continues and getting worse the warmer the engine gets, to me it says rich mixture.

I´m having a hard time reading the plugs as the runs in dyno becomes so short when it slips.

Bike
    1980 Suzuki Gs1100E

clutch plates

SwePatrick:
    I just measured a 2004 YZ125 clutch plate and it has the same dimensions as one you posted.

Bike
    TZ400
    For sure sounds rich if it gets worse as it warms up.
    The overly rich mixture is burning so slowly , as the piston is descending , that its still happening when the Exhaust port opens.
    One way to see if its very rich oround idle ( closed throttle ) would be to start it with no choke at all.
    If it runs fine with no choke , then thats the story right there.
    If its lean down low then it wil take ages to settle down to an idle , that also can have a mixture so lean it burns slowly and pops when backing off.
    But again , that can be tested by leaving the choke on , if the pops go away , even if idle is OK , then that is the other story being told.

Thread Information