Page 2336 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1336183622362286232623342335233623372338234623862436 ... LastLast
Results 35,026 to 35,040 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    Haha , you are describing exactly what QUB used to be.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    89 KX500
    It was just an observation, as I don't usually see that much talent in one room, at least not in my neighborhood.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Wiechman View Post
    Imagine a collaboration involving an engineer who codes 2-stroke simulation software, a clever
    tuner skilled in the use of the software, and a real-time pressure instrumentation expert.
    Now mix in a physicist and a number of crafty patternmakers, machinists, and welders.
    Add a chancer, a marketer looking for investments, and a CEO with a penchant for gambling and ladyboys. . .

What?

Send money to the usual address.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1988 cagiva freccia
    Blog Entries
    F5dave Are you talking about the government of my country ?

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Also that particular cylinder had cooling inside the short turn duct radius ( but no I didnt tell you that ).
    Guess you did tests on just that too. What is your experience of it?
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Yes, I retreat. Please do not refrain from elaborating this topic.

Bike
    1988 cagiva freccia
    Blog Entries
    Cylinder TM kz10c with epoxy transfert port for inner radius

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g50-lavorazione-cilindro-go-kart-tm-kz10c.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	253.6 KB 
ID:	348426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210128_094109.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	348427

Bike
    Blog Entries
    That looks real nice but what point do you reduce the volume capacity of the ducts to less than you want delivered?

I did a similar thing with a more elevator shaft transfer duct. Big improvement for sure. Except the dyno didn't believe me. Never got round the excavation a little more of the outer wall which was no where as modern as your example.

Bike
    TZ400
    Muhr , the cylinder with extra cooling on the inside of the ducts was worth about 1/2 a Hp , same result as Jan's Aprilia test.
    Smaller duct volume was tried for the R1 , it didnt work with the updated A port front wall angle and port shape change.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro2tfx View Post
    A couple examples of incomplete knowledge.

First we "know" that a thin edge orifice plate has a coefficient of discharge of around 0.6 i.e. it flows terrible, and of course other unfavorable shapes have fairly poor coefficients as well.

Second we "know" that once a pressure ratio of about 0.528 is reached on the low pressure side of a non-diffused opening then decreasing the pressure on the low side further will not result in any additional mass flow.

This information is readily available, but it is incomplete. Both only apply to specific scenarios, and there are scenarios inside an engine where neither statement holds true. Some people know this, but I suspect it is not common knowledge ?
    I had hoped for an interesting discussion on this topic as myself feel that I am missing a piece of the puzzle to understand the outcome in some simulations. Also adiabatic compression would be interesting to get a better understanding of!

Muhr , the cylinder with extra cooling on the inside of the ducts was worth about 1/2 a Hp , same result as Jan's Aprilia test.
    Thanks
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Today , of all days at 30* C you would think cooling the transfer duct outer walls would be worth a bunch of power - but no.
    Complete waste of time , so I tested and retested, doing all gear runs , as well as 6th gear WOT pulls - no power to be had.
    A huge dissapointment.
    I somewhat remember i was sceptical about cooling this area.
    If any power should be had from this you still need to cool it way more than engines water is beeing able to.
    Try instead weld fins on cylinder and blast them with a nitrous shot or similar during entire pull, just to verify there is any power to be had.
    If no gains during this you can drop this and go look at some other ideas.

Rgds.

Bike
    TZ400
    The idea of cooling the outer walls of the transfers was an attempt at proof of concept - but was a fail , why , still eludes me .
    Jan had already proven cooling the inner walls from bore heat was worthwhile , and the outer duct area runs at least twice as hot as the water.
    It would have been easy to run cooling this way in a new cylinder design , for the next homologation , or any project from scratch.
    I know having all the cold water enter the cylinder from the boost port , and running forward over the transfers first , makes 1 Hp , so that alone is
    worth looking at directing flow to run forward from the gearbox insulation gallery, over the mains ( under the transfer feed area ) and up into each side of the boost port.
    This makes sense , opposite to the old , usuall way of cooling the Exhaust duct first.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Wob,

Izerbeantinkin…

What about reverting to the standard cooling circuit, but leaving the A&B cooling covers on. Then, connecting a garden hose to these, presumably your tap water temp will be pretty cool over there, maybe 15 or so. This auxiliary circuit might affect the result.

Another thought is that possibly the CSA of the covers it too restrictive and that the overall flow rate was reduced.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    The idea of cooling the outer walls of the transfers was an attempt at proof of concept - but was a fail , why , still eludes me .
    Jan had already proven cooling the inner walls from bore heat was worthwhile , and the outer duct area runs at least twice as hot as the water.
    It would have been easy to run cooling this way in a new cylinder design , for the next homologation , or any project from scratch.
    I know having all the cold water enter the cylinder from the boost port , and running forward over the transfers first , makes 1 Hp , so that alone is
    worth looking at directing flow to run forward from the gearbox insulation gallery, over the mains ( under the transfer feed area ) and up into each side of the boost port.
    This makes sense , opposite to the old , usuall way of cooling the Exhaust duct first.
    Kawasaki runs on some of their twostroke dirtbikes like that, coldest water direct into above boostport, then flowing forward against exhaust and then up above the head and out to the radiator.
    I exprimented with adding a water inlet at above the exhaustport, i couldn´t see any gains.
    I just figured that it 'shortcircuited' flow so less flow above transfers was the result and thereby the gains from colder exhaustduct was eaten up by less cooling above transfers.

But when i tested with coolantflow direct from the tappet in the house instead of from the radiator it gained a lot(above 2hp).
    This was a total loss system, heated water was just dumped into the well in the floor.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    You'd need a long hose . Don't pass that guy on the inside.

Thread Information