Page 2351 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1351185122512301234123492350235123522353236124012451 ... LastLast
Results 35,251 to 35,265 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I imagine he wants to fit it inside the cases, because, you
    know, why make it too easy?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TZ400
    That length guide for a 12,000 rpm reed intake tune is the 3rd harmonic.
    In that scenario the intake creates a + pressure ratio at the reeds , just as the case goes - from the piston rising.
    This tuning opens the reeds very quickly , with + on one side and - on the other.
    If tuning near peak Hp the reed setup is limited , just as a RV is limited by the length of available carbs , the rubber manifold , and the reed block or RV cover length.
    Everything is being done now to get this length down , for example , by recessing the rubber manifold into the reed stuffer.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Or just throw the carburetor / throttle body away.

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Vacuum operated gibs?? why are they called gibs?

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    I think in this case one refers to a T-shaped linear slide bearing which is usually called Gib.
    But of course I hope it refers to Josiah Willard Gibbs Quote:
    "The greatest amount of mechanical work which can be obtained from a given quantity of a certain substance in a given initial state, without increasing its total volume or allowing heat to pass to or from external bodies, except such as at the close of the processes are left in their initial condition.
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhr View Post
    I think in this case one refers to a T-shaped linear slide bearing which is usually called Gib.
    But of course I hope it refers to Josiah Willard Gibbs Quote:
    "The greatest amount of mechanical work which can be obtained from a given quantity of a certain substance in a given initial state, without increasing its total volume or allowing heat to pass to or from external bodies, except such as at the close of the processes are left in their initial condition.
    Aha, I bet this was when he, Maxwell and the Invisible friend was trying to trick entropy?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    ???
    Not sure if you are pulling my leg or not.
    The single sided Sliding Gib could be operated via vacuum or as I did with a sevo run off the Ignitech. Separate throttle body.
    The two sided Slding Gib can not as it now becomes the throttle body as well. In the interests of just getting my 360 up and running Ive just connected the Gibs direct to the twist grip. Ultimately these Gibs should be controlled via the ecu. You tell the ecu what you want (twist grip) and it juggles the Gibs to suit.

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    ???
    The single sided Sliding Gib could be operated via vacuum or as I did with a sevo run off the Ignitech. Separate throttle body.
    The two sided Slding Gib can not as it now becomes the throttle body as well. In the interests of just getting my 360 up and running Ive just connected the Gibs direct to the twist grip. Ultimately these Gibs should be controlled via the ecu. You tell the ecu what you want (twist grip) and it juggles the Gibs to suit.
    No, I only thought that if the gibs are also the throttle it would be nice if there was an rpm function to the opening. But I didn't know how it worked.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (328).png 
Views:	197 
Size:	615.8 KB 
ID:	348756

"gib" is a name for a style of captive sliding device.

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Thanks TZ.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Thanks TZ.
    Andreas, a curved sliding Gib, seen here fully in the fully open position.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0383.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	788.4 KB 
ID:	348757  

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Andreas, a curved sliding Gib, seen here fully in the fully open position.
    It really is an excellent invention.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    And still nothing to do with the BeeGees .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    ???
    Neat so with it fly by wire from the ECu you can then have traction control, or idiot control,wheelie control wet slippery etc right down to gps of parts of the tracks.
    if anyone is in doubt of the validity of this drive a late model manual in power ,eco mode etc
    its not the power output of the engine that generally changes, its the throttle response to the inputs that do.
    In most instances it just opens the throttle further for the same accelerator input.
    As a team owner You could also use it to make your number 2 driver slower.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Neat so with it fly by wire from the ECu you can then have traction control, or idiot control,wheelie control wet slippery etc right down to gps of parts of the tracks.
    if anyone is in doubt of the validity of this drive a late model manual in power ,eco mode etc
    its not the power output of the engine that generally changes, its the throttle response to the inputs that do.
    In most instances it just opens the throttle further for the same accelerator input.
    As a team owner You could also use it to make your number 2 driver slower.
    Might even help silly old bustard's like me be a little more competitive again, i.e. not so slow on a trail ride.
    The ecu throttle with sliding gibs is more useful because there is a difference between throttle opening and gibs valve timing. At the moment the opening timing is just set via the small tooth belt pully tooth numbers.
    Its a cool piece of technology, so long as Im the only one entered in the event with it
    https://youtu.be/bhKrRlZxomc

Thread Information