Page 2352 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1352185222522302234223502351235223532354236224022452 ... LastLast
Results 35,266 to 35,280 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    Aha, I bet this was when he, Maxwell and the Invisible friend was trying to trick entropy?
    I suspect that it is your chess interest that shines through. Have never played myself but have heard of some theory that is derived from thermodynamics

Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Might even help silly old bustard's like me be a little more competitive again, i.e. not so slow on a trail ride.
    The ecu throttle with sliding gibs is more useful because there is a difference between throttle opening and gibs valve timing. At the moment the opening timing is just set via the small tooth belt pully tooth numbers.
    Its a cool piece of technology, so long as Im the only one entered in the event with it
    https://youtu.be/bhKrRlZxomc
    It is great to be able to use it for both port duration adjustment and throttle by running drive by wire. What type of motors do you use, is there a type of stepper to get sufficient accuracy?
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Neat so with it fly by wire from the ECu you can then have traction control, or idiot control,wheelie control wet slippery etc right down to gps of parts of the tracks.
    if anyone is in doubt of the validity of this drive a late model manual in power ,eco mode etc
    its not the power output of the engine that generally changes, its the throttle response to the inputs that do.
    In most instances it just opens the throttle further for the same accelerator input.
    As a team owner You could also use it to make your number 2 driver slower.

That story of harming other drivers through electronics sounds like an Aprilia 250cc test driver, who only won one grand prix at the world championship (he was the one who tuned the electronics and he knew what was going on)

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post
    That story of harming other drivers through electronics sounds like an Aprilia 250cc test driver, who only won one grand prix at the world championship (he was the one who tuned the electronics and he knew what was going on)
    Are you talking about Marcellino Lucchi? He was 'the' Aprilia test rider. In fact Lucchi was only a part-time test rider; in the mornings he was the driver of the local garbage truck; in the afternoons he rode a little faster. I remember him lapping the Jerez Grand Prix track on an Aprilia-250 faster than Max Biaggi on a works Honda 500-4, much to the malicious pleasure of the Aprilia mechanics who had have to work with Biaggi in previous years when Max was riding the works Aprilia-250.
    Lucchi was not a regular GP participant; enrolling him for one or two GPs a year was Aprilia's way of thanking him for his efforts. He was a great character and certainly not one to disadvantage other riders.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lincoln-Internet.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	348761

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Are you talking about Marcellino Lucchi? He was 'the' Aprilia test rider. In fact Lucchi was only a part-time test rider; in the mornings he was the driver of the local garbage truck; in the afternoons he rode a little faster. I remember him lapping the Jerez Grand Prix track on an Aprilia-250 faster than Max Biaggi on a works Honda 500-4, much to the malicious pleasure of the Aprilia mechanics who had have to work with Biaggi in previous years when Max was riding the works Aprilia-250.
    Lucchi was not a regular GP participant; enrolling him for one or two GPs a year was Aprilia's way of thanking him for his efforts. He was a great character and certainly not one to disadvantage other riders.

Name:	Lincoln-Internet.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	348761

Hi Frits.
    I'm talking about Álex Debon, test pilot, for two years,

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2005/...aprilia/139699

He was the one who did the ECU settings for the RSA250.
    What he should know is that others were winning with worse times around curves and laps than the ones he had registered in the testing phase (in competition he didn't get them either, his times being even higher than those of the winners. )

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    2 STROKE LUBRICATION

Currently there are 4 commonly known methods of achieving this:
    1. Oil in fuel
    2. ECU controlled electronic pump, eg Mikuni.
    3. Yamaha Autolube / Suzuki Posiforce mechanical pumps
    4. OMC VRO
    5. Any more?

Another passive way might be the use of the Marvel Inverse Oiler. As its name implies, it relies on vacuum to draw a flow of oil into the inlet manifold, the flow rate increasing as the vacuum diminishes, ie going to a higher load.

Any thoughts on whether it has ever been used (successfully) on a 2 stroke?

Name:	Marvel 3.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	348764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marvel 2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	270.5 KB 
ID:	348765Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marvel 1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	319.7 KB 
ID:	348766
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    2 STROKE LUBRICATION

1. Oil in fuel
    4. OMC VRO
    5. Any more?

Another passive way might be the use of the Marvel Inverse Oiler. As its name implies, it relies on vacuum to draw a flow of oil into the inlet manifold, the flow rate increasing as the vacuum diminishes, ie going to a higher load.

Name:	Marvel 3.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	348764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marvel 2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	270.5 KB 
ID:	348765Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marvel 1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	319.7 KB 
ID:	348766
    from memory both early Villiers and i think the GTP Velocette had some sort of vacuum oiling system.
    Grumph will know he was around then

https://oldtimermoto.nl/wp-content/u...liersstory.pdf

https://www.bike-urious.com/1938-velocette-gtp/
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1964 Vespa GS
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    2 STROKE LUBRICATION

1. Oil in fuel
    4. OMC VRO
    5. Any more?

Vespa has used a mechanical pump that injects the oil to the carb, just below the slide. The cases have a boss for injecting to the flywheel side main bearing, but as far as I know they never used that in production. there have been a few different pump designs but all deliver increased volume per revolution with increased throttle position.
    Patrick Owens
    www.OopsClunkThud.com

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post
    Hi Frits.
    I'm talking about Álex Debon, test pilot, for two years,

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2005/...aprilia/139699

He was the one who did the ECU settings for the RSA250.
    What he should know is that others were winning with worse times around curves and laps than the ones he had registered in the testing phase (in competition he didn't get them either, his times being even higher than those of the winners. )

What I am suggesting is that having a large fan club and merchandising, in addition to other interests, can influence.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    2021 Tokoroa F4 GP.

Two warm up laps then the start.

Team ESE's Blair Lambarth on an ESE 110cc Suzuki GP100 powered Team GPR rolling chassis had been fastest all weekend and was on pole position for the GP. But unfortunately crashed out spectacularly on the second lap.

Kieren eventually took the win on a Team GPR bike followed by Paul Ellis (the Bike with the camera) riding his very trick Yamaha powered home built special and Regan Griffiths on another Team GPR bike came in third.

I rode in the F5 GP, and finished last. It was a great weekend. Friendly people, great weather and racing. Loved it.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsClunkThud View Post
    Vespa has used a mechanical pump that injects the oil to the carb, just below the slide. The cases have a boss for injecting to the flywheel side main bearing, but as far as I know they never used that in production. there have been a few different pump designs but all deliver increased volume per revolution with increased throttle position.
    Patrick, thanks for that. One obvious downfall of the simple inverse oiler is that it is independent of engine power & speed, unlike fuel oil mix which is essentially proportional to power. Perhaps this shortcoming could be addressed by having a pitot tube in the throttle body, this measuring the air flow. Such a pressure signal could activate some secondary diaphragm in the device to provide some relationship between oil flow and power.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    KR1S, KX500, gamma500, tomos
    I would need ESE thread approval for this chainsaw reed stuffer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210105_112513.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	258.8 KB 
ID:	348770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210105_131654.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	348771  

Bike
    BMW R1200R 2009
    Forced lubrication has been used by BRP on their 850 E-tec, and also on the Evinrude outboard two strokes. This method of lubricating the crankshaft bearings, the bigend, could be combinated with the standard lubrication on the KTM TPI, or need I say : the Fletner TPI. And that is where the market in 2021 is : ktm are selling more two strokes then 4 stroke enduro engines.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj_lkGjgwR8&t=18s

edit : for better quality pictures, and some interesting schematics, please go to posting number 55 on this thread : https://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic...in-tank/page-4

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    As I said earlier my oil feed system is a little different with the the autolube oil being delivered through a hollow crankshaft but transported by airflow.
    Air is continuously being drawn through this hollow shaft and out through the bigend pin into bearing. Drilled with a carbide bit.
    The idea being, as the engine loads, power valve opens, this opens the crank driven autolube. Oil is intantly feed into the small continuous airstream through the crankshaft. Oil is deposited at the bigend roller bearing almost instantaneously.
    Thats the idea for what its worth, my 360 bigend hasn't seized yet, I guess its working.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    I just installed a small battery on to the 360, might have some independence from the dyno this weekend. Im going to just have to get used to this jolly left boot kick start. Designed way back when I had a rooted right hip. It will be interesting to see how it runs round the back yard.
    This would have to be a first, dual sliding gib throttle / mk2 TPI, operating under its own Steam i.e. not tied to a dyno.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    More from the Two Stroke Stuffing workshop.

Thread Information