Page 2419 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1419191923192369240924172418241924202421242924692519 ... LastLast
Results 36,271 to 36,285 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhr View Post
    Does anyone think they have the best design

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8L9_XO3iCw
    That's a kiwi site he tries lot of interesting stuff
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyN...eb26dVMr5kHOhQ

He shows how to make easy bellmouths with the PVC
    whilst not perfect
    i would maybe use the heat gun rather than the gas

https://imgur.com/QqXkzwu

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Stop thinking "Lambda says lean". You all know better than that. Lambda can only say how much unused oxygen is present in the exhaust gas. It does not say anything about the presence of unused fuel. So if you keep using the words Lambda and lean in the same sentence, you may be forcing your thoughts in the wrong direction.
    Frits, for full clarity of thought Lambda is defined as the AFR/AFRstochiometric, and the "Lambda" measured by the "Lambda sensor" is not a Lambda sensor but a free oxygen sensor and the name "Lambda Sensor" is a misnomer except maybe for when you are measuring a 4T running lean.

Lambda as a concept is fine and should be used to compare mixture strengths. A lambda of 0.85 on avgas ~ AFR 12.46 while a lambda of 0.85 on Q16 ~ AFR 11.33 purely because the stochiometric values are way different, then we are not talking about alcohol fuels.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Vannik View Post
    Frits, for full clarity of thought Lambda is defined as the AFR/AFRstochiometric, and the "Lambda" measured by the "Lambda sensor" is not a Lambda sensor but a free oxygen sensor and the name "Lambda Sensor" is a misnomer except maybe for when you are measuring a 4T running lean.
    Lambda as a concept is fine and should be used to compare mixture strengths. A lambda of 0.85 on avgas ~ AFR 12.46 while a lambda of 0.85 on Q16 ~ AFR 11.33 purely because the stochiometric values are way different, then we are not talking about alcohol fuels.
    I completely agree with you Neels. What is commonly referred to as a Lambda sensor is really just an oxygen sensor. But the name Lambda sensor has already become so well established that we encounter it everywhere, and then it is better to be aware of its limitations.

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Good idea. I like it very much May be where I end up.
    Hello TZ350.
    Sorry, I'm very impatient, does the solution I indicate work?
    I'm asking because I want to know if it can be injected into the crankcase with little pressure.
    I'm trying to figure out how Factory Fire1 Racing's injection system works and I suspect it is low pressure injection.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhr View Post
    Does anyone think they have the best design

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8L9_XO3iCw
    I made the white ones, boring but seemed to work OK

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Actual trail ride filth, a milestone of sorts I guess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211221_105522.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	807.9 KB 
ID:	350303  

Bike
    1988 cagiva freccia
    Blog Entries
    also uses a completely new exhaust port shape where the top edge of the main port – where it meets the cylinder – is now generously radiused. If you look at the central port it looks much higher than the sub ports either side, which would work out to much longer timing if measured conventionally, but the radius is so close to the piston that there is no real flow until the piston has travelled down as far as the tops of the sub ports.

https://scooterlab.uk/quattrini-adds...e-kits-tuning/

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    I made the white ones, boring but seemed to work OK
    Small or the big ones?

My design would have been similar to the big ones, but with small changes from what i can see in the clip.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    both. The large ones were effectively a shorter tuned length but there was a physical length constraint. As the guy has said, you get most of the benefit of a well designed intake from a simple radius on the intake.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125, Suzuki K50
    Just wanted to share this channel, a guy from Finland that make his own cast iron 50cc cylinder and is now building an eddy current brake dyno.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ASoftaaja/videos

Bike
    Suzuki GP100
    Started work on the barrel today, going alright so far. Started off as a practise barrel before moving on to another one but if this can be good enough may as well use it. Couple questions for those with more knowledge than me, is it worth drilling a hole behind the boost port? I see in some of Robs photos you’ve done it. Should I bridge the transfers? Any pros/cons to doing it or just allows different shapes?

Bike
    2002 Aprlia RS125
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    The Czech gauge shows ONLY noise from the first 4 lights , so its easy to dial up the sensitivity to the max , showing only noise , by having them light up under load.
    Then the red light shows ONLY deto when its happening and is independant completely of the bore.
    Do these work on small bore (40mm) cylinders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    TZ400
    Yes , had a TZ50 ( 40mm bore ) on my dyno - worked perfectly.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflhat View Post
    ... is it worth drilling a hole behind the boost port? I see in some of Robs photos you’ve done it. Should I bridge the transfers?

It is looking good.

I tried both ways but did not find any advantage on the dyno with "Bridging" in the entrance to the "A" and "B" transfer port ducts on our GP's. I would not bother doing that with the GP cylinder.

Make the "B" port as wide as possible. The angles where the ports point into the cylinder are important. Try to keep them the same as original or better yet read up on transfer port angles.

I would drill the "C" boost port. That way you get more flow area and do away with the need for that poxy hole in the piston.

The disadvantage is that you have to port the cases for the "C" duct and you will break through into the gear box breather cavity. Build this area up with JB Weld epoxy first.

Bike
    Suzuki GP100
    Cheers, will open up the B ports some more tomorrow. What sort of size do you drill the boost port? And do you have to fill the hole in the piston when opening up the casing?
    Have been trying to keep the angles of the ports close to standard but will check them tomorrow again.

Also going to smooth off the intake part of the casing all the way to the air box, so many weird shapes going on in there

Thread Information