Page 2632 of 2635 FirstFirst ... 1632213225322582262226302631263226332634 ... LastLast
Results 39,466 to 39,480 of 39516

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    So here is the next interesting project , YPVS 350 classic racebike on pump gas - no deto.
    This thing also has the old Yamaha drum PV , but no Aux ports - so way better than the original Banshee.
    Its got a Nova close ratio set in it , so it was begging for me to go spastic on the tune.
    It went thru the roof in the sim when I added the Wobbly duct and that damn weird concave rear cone - again.
    I Apriliaized the porting again like the 3XV, but wont know what head to put on it until those are dynoed in the TZ250 test session.
    Only domed TZ350 single ring race pistons are available from Meteor, so it will be ported , then the stock size iron bore plated to be able to keep on using that same piston size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YPVS350_PUMPGAS.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	301.4 KB 
ID:	354710  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RZ350, TZR250 3XV, TZR250 3MA, TZR125

31K Cylinder with Aux ex ports..

Hey Wob, would that be an option for your project? Not yet solved is the design of the PV drum channel for the aux ex port..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200501_185010.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	746.0 KB 
ID:	354711

Bike
    TZ400
    The 31K would need a PV drum exactly like the 3XV , maybe a step too far for the customer.
    But he is over the moon about the results so far anyway.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    The 31K would need a PV drum exactly like the 3XV , maybe a step too far for the customer.
    But he is over the moon about the results so far anyway.
    Got it, the 3XV may not really suit as the stock 31K drums are not as wide in that area and have the bushes in the way...

Bike
    TZ400
    I see the red marker for widening the B port , what piston are you thinking of for this , the Meteor TZ350 was the only single ring pinned over the boost I know of.

Bike
    husaberg
    the Meteor TZ350 was the only single ring pinned over the boost I know of.
    Challenge Accepted...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike

Woessner 1 Ring Piston

I see the red marker for widening the B port , what piston are you thinking of for this , the Meteor TZ350 was the only single ring pinned over the boost I know of.
    At that time it was still possible to get small customized lots (2 pieces) from Woessner (with a 66.0 mm diameter)... This drawing had the ring peg at 30° left or right of the C port, the final version had the one ring peg running over the C port.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woessner 1 Ring Piston.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	354712

Bike
    husaberg
    Not sure where it is pinned

https://www.tkrj.co.jp/goods/m-AY0980X-31K.php

[IMG][/IMG]
    ODEL RZ-350RR for RACE
    OEM No. 31K
    CODE No. AY0980X
    BORE(mm) :A 64
    LENGTH(mm) :B 72
    PIN DIA (mm) :C 16
    COMPRESSION HIGHT① (mm):D 40
    COMPRESSION HIGHT② (mm):E 36
    PIN LENGTH (mm) :F 54
    PLATING O
    STROKE 2
    PISTON CODE No. PY1280X

nz post classic allow up to 410cc or so dp Aussie rules allow over 350cc ?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    TZ400
    Thanks Husa, I have emailed them about the pin position.
    I can get the Meteor wholesale , but these are even better , and can go up in size before the bore is plated.

Bike
    TZ400
    Idiots put the single ring pin in the stock position , between the B and boost port.
    So sadly not a " race " piston at all.
    Juergen - I had some Wossner specials made last year , 66mm for a 400 racebike , they now demand 10 off.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Relocate the pin then.

Bike
    husaberg
    Idiots put the single ring pin in the stock position , between the B and boost port.
    So sadly not a " race " piston at all.
    Juergen - I had some Wossner specials made last year , 66mm for a 400 racebike , they now demand 10 off.
    Buggar, Tell them what you want and the market there is for alternatives and I think you might find them quite accommodating.
    I see they do RS125R Honda ones now. After all What is there to lose.
    Personally I would not open with "you idiots"...
    I had a look through a lot of pistons I was surprised how many MX were pinned like that
    I even seen a two ring piston that had the pins in the same location with no overlap at all?

KTM200 pistons are the long enough? or available in single ring?
    single ring yes not sure where pinned I have never seen one
    but they do have good long rods for a Yamha twin.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    CBR929

Exhaust dimensions

So here is the next interesting project , YPVS 350 classic racebike on pump gas - no deto.
    This thing also has the old Yamaha drum PV , but no Aux ports - so way better than the original Banshee.
    Its got a Nova close ratio set in it , so it was begging for me to go spastic on the tune.
    It went thru the roof in the sim when I added the Wobbly duct and that damn weird concave rear cone - again.
    I Apriliaized the porting again like the 3XV, but wont know what head to put on it until those are dynoed in the TZ250 test session.
    Only domed TZ350 single ring race pistons are available from Meteor, so it will be ported , then the stock size iron bore plated to be able to keep on using that same piston size.
    Hi Wobbly,

Could you share the pipe dimensions by any chance?

Bike
    TZ400
    Yea OK Husa I will very politely ask if they will do some with a 6 o'clock pin , but they havnt even bothered to reply to my pin position request after a week.

That whole ring pin scenario is a personal sore point , as when I pointed out to a reply on a forum , where some " idiot " replied that no way can you put a pin over the boost port , as the ends would immediately " catch "
    I got blocked for saying he was a moron as its been done since the middle of last century by every manufacturer ( except TKRJ ) with no issues at all.

Re the pipe dimensions for the YPVS - not my intellectual property , so I have asked for the customers permission to publish.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=wobbly;1131225537]Yea OK Husa I will very politely ask if they will do some with a 6 o'clock pin , but they havnt even bothered to reply to my pin position request after a week.[QUOTE]

Or ask if they can do pistons with NO pin and you will install it where you require
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information