Page 483 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 3834334734814824834844854935335839831483 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well I'm going if its Ruapuna. Timaru is too far.

My 100 better be finished by then. It did the last one ok, but with a slipping clutch & only 18hp (or probably less slipping more on tallest gearing).
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Maybe your right, the bike that won was 20-21hp, F5 did qualify fastest with 24hp, and Young Dip after a bit of a tussel was slowly opening a lead with his 24hp 2-Stroke.

Sounds good until you realise that the race times were faster than qualifying, Nathaniel crashed over riding, . . . .
    Just to correct; I was fastest in 1st session, but back to 3rd by the 2nd session. Nick Cain pulled out a blinder in 2nd session. Incedentally in 2nd session my fastest lap was my 2nd & after that was baulked by traffic, certainly had more to come.

Where are the lap times for the race? Can't find them on MyLaps.

I don't think (having only talked to his Dad, I wasn't there) that Nathanial was over-riding - he got caught out on that bumpy repair in the S's. The same one that crashed out Dan leading the 125 race I believe.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I don't think (having only talked to his Dad, I wasn't there) that Nathanial was over-riding - he got caught out on that bumpy repair in the S's. The same one that crashed out Dan leading the 125 race I believe.
    I wasnt on the bike but was looking right at him from the stand when it happened and (it looked like) he over cooked it. The bike looked off well before he tried to make the transition from right to left when he crashed. I was trying to figure it out in my mind as it was happening, thought he had either slipped off the inside peg or the rear wheel was just drifting away, then figured it was both wheels sliding, because as he's tried to pick it up it just wasn't there and down he went. Have to admit I was pissed for a moment as I saw the last 2 stroke chance spinning across the track. Glad he was OK.
    Dan crashed in a completely different spot but I'll keep my thoughts on that one to myself.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Well I'm going if its Ruapuna. Timaru is too far.

My 100 better be finished by then. It did the last one ok, but with a slipping clutch & only 18hp (or probably less slipping more on tallest gearing).
    Yeah the bike and body will need to be in fine form for that one. Sounds like Mid October at this stage. Plenty of time to sort bikes and bodies. And save up yah money. That will be the race debut for my new bike.

Bike
    Mb100
    Found out on the weekend that nathanials bike had a shock that all the oil had leaked out of so properly went down in the rear an un weighted the front end David only just released on Sunday because the bike wouldn't handle so bugger nathanial proberly would of been even quicker with a shock that was working
    Just to correct; I was fastest in 1st session, but back to 3rd by the 2nd session. Nick Cain pulled out a blinder in 2nd session. Incedentally in 2nd session my fastest lap was my 2nd & after that was baulked by traffic, certainly had more to come.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    And that might even be in English, but yes DD did say his shock was pokey.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Any bets where Andrew would have finished if he had ridden in qualifying and had a place on the first row?
    Yeah I'd bet second, Nick had it under control
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Sounds good until you realise that the race times were faster than qualifying,
    Actually they weren't, they were quite comparable.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by ief View Post
    Kind of ot but could you share a pic of that one? Never seen or heard of a factory rz barrel with boyesen ports? (nice collection of barrels you got btw )
    This barrel is marked 51L all the others are 29L

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000282.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	262294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000281.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	262295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000280.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	159.1 KB 
ID:	262296
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    TZ400
    51L is RZ250 model ID.
    But dont get too excited, the so called Boyesen ports are a complete waste of time in any RZ till you are well over 80 RWHp.
    To get this it needs to be a full race spec setup with absolutely everything designed for that level - very rarely happens.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RS50, RS80, RMZ250

We have now learnt that the reason for Nathanael's crash in the GP was a complete lack of oil in the rear shock. It wasn't good at the start of the weekend & must have lost its remaining oil during the race. It had no damping at all when I next used it at Mt Wellington & was virtually unrideable. Nathanael had though he was riding well within his limits but that the bike wasn't handling the bumpy repair patches at all well. Now we know why...

He also said it was down on power, which I also verified back at Mt Wellington last weekend. He said it felt 1/2 way between its best of 24hp & the 20hp of the bike he normally rides. That was thanks to our trackside rebuild on Saturday & me getting the timing wrong...

Re lap times, Nathanael did a best of 1m22.744 in the GP, compared with Nick's best of 1m23.435. These 2 both went faster than qualifying; Nick's pole time was 1m23.818.

Bike
    Husky TE310, 2 Buckets and a ZXR250C
    Quote Originally Posted by 50bucketracer View Post
    We have now learnt that the reason for Nathanael's crash in the GP was a complete lack of oil in the rear shock. It wasn't good at the start of the weekend & must have lost its remaining oil during the race. It had no damping at all when I next used it at Mt Wellington & was virtually unrideable. Nathanael had though he was riding well within his limits but that the bike wasn't handling the bumpy repair patches at all well. Now we know why...

He also said it was down on power, which I also verified back at Mt Wellington last weekend. He said it felt 1/2 way between its best of 24hp & the 20hp of the bike he normally rides. That was thanks to our trackside rebuild on Saturday & me getting the timing wrong...

Re lap times, Nathanael did a best of 1m22.744 in the GP, compared with Nick's best of 1m23.435. These 2 both went faster than qualifying; Nick's pole time was 1m23.818.
    Ill point out that Nick did a 1.22.4

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=2194599

Bike
    rd 350 ypvs 1985
    Tnx Yow Ling, again, never seen or heard from them being used i a stock barrel so i guess this is news. (nice one for xavier @ rd350lc.net )

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    51L is RZ250 model ID.
    But dont get too excited, the so called Boyesen ports are a complete waste of time in any RZ till you are well over 80 RWHp.
    To get this it needs to be a full race spec setup with absolutely everything designed for that level - very rarely happens.
    To late I'm afraid Wob (never drove them but will one day)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gat5.jpg 
Views:	804 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	262310  

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by 50bucketracer View Post
    We have now learnt that the reason for Nathanael's crash in the GP ...
    Well it looks like the 2-Stroke Gremlins got most of the strokers, with lap times in the very low 20's next year already looks very interesting and I think that the 4-Strokes shouldn't take anything for granted.... we will be back ...

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Well it looks like the 2-Stroke Gremlins got most of the strokers, with lap times in the very low 20's next year already looks very interesting and I think that the 4-Strokes shouldn't take anything for granted.... we will be back ...
    Don't you worry. We have gone back to the drawing board with the engine and will be pushing the limits of air cooled suzuki goodness.

Thread Information