Page 501 of 2623 FirstFirst ... 40145149149950050150250351155160110011501 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 39343

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by SS90 View Post

Im still quite dismayed that after all this, FXR 1fucking50s are still the standard.
    Don't forget the CBR's. They go good to. Other people are working to develop there engine's as well. Its not just the 2 stroke peeps on this thread that are making advances with there engines. Bar gets moved every year.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by SS90 View Post
    At this stage, it remains to be seen, as even when Teezees bike was peddled by a featherweight rider, it wasn't winning anything before expiring. Although, when the same rider was riding a bike with substantially less power it by all accounts it cleaned up.

Im still quite dismayed that after all this, FXR 1fucking50s are still the standard.
    Feather weight part is right, not sure about the cleaning up though. I managaed two 1st a 2nd and a 3rd (and a couple of DNF's) on the FXR during the north island series, managed a 3rd first time out on TZ's bike and suffered no race DNF's. With a couple of chassis mods and a dialed back ignition curve the bike has the potential to win ever time it lines up.
    ps Why be dismayed by the mighty FXR, they're true race bikes with handling to be envied (FXR for sale drop me a PM )

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    PS - if ANYONE can do a 125 Aircooled with 24mm carb and make anything like 30 Hp at 10500, then its here in writing - free blowys for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketracer View Post

TeeZee has managed to make 31 hp with his old 125cc air cooled engine from the 70's and with some development I expect he will get it reliable too.

Where/when/how will TeeZee cash in on this huge win and who will be giving the blowys...???

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 CURVES.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	251.2 KB 
ID:	263372

Nope TeeZee can't claim the prize. 31ps at 12,250 rpm with 18Nm (13.3ft/lbs) and 28.8ps at 11,750 rpm with 17.3Nm (12.8ft/lbs) and a good power spread.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    . . PS - if ANYONE can do a 125 Aircooled with 24mm carb and make anything like 30 Hp at 10500, then its here in writing - free blowys for life.
    Hey I'm not trying to cash in on the offer, but I think a dose of Nitrous would do it.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Hey I'm not trying to cash in on the offer, but I think a dose of Nitrous would do it.
    Funny you should say that, but we have dynoed a F5 here that was fitted with Nitrous

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 CURVES.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	251.2 KB 
ID:	263372

Nope TeeZee can't claim the prize. 31ps at 12,250 rpm with 18Nm (13.3ft/lbs) and 28.8ps at 11,750 rpm with 17.3Nm (12.8ft/lbs) and a good power spread.
    Wish youse guys would post curve with 0rpm as datum to give a sense of perspective. Yes I know you never run down there, but makes curves relative to each other rather than an arbitary starting point.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Funny you should say that, but we have dynoed a F5 here that was fitted with Nitrous
    My first draft of that named him, but I changed it. Curve confused me when I saw it, just didn't believe it was possible.

Bike
    TZ400
    125 Aircooled with 24mm carb - bucket rules, is the challenge.
    I will gladly suck the chrome off anyones towball that can do anywhere near 30 Hp at 10500 - im bloody good at this shit and wouldnt even try - doomed to failure.
    That requires around 35 crank Hp, and equals 11.9Bar 0r 175psi BMEP at 10,500 - dreaming , as at that level you are screwing the tuning down real tight and the
    perceived advantage of any power-band width has just gone west.
    Mr Physics wins again and I keep my dignity.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    husaberg
    I will gladly suck the chrome off anyones towball that can do anywhere near 30 Hp at 10500 - im bloody good at this shit .

PS - if ANYONE can do a 125 Aircooled with 24mm carb and make anything like 30 Hp at 10500, then its here in writing - free blowys for life.
    I would just like to have it on Record whist i don't doubt your talent Wob"I have never built and I have no intention to, Ever to build or ever attempt to build a 125 AC 2 stroke with a 30HP at 105000".

Whist the suggestion at changing primary drive, i could make no sense of. It did make me wonder if one was to make their own engine one of the things that always scares me is primary drive.
    1 because custom gears are bloody expensive.

2 cause they have to be perfect. So using another set of ready made gears is problematic for the amateur.

I have seen in a quite a few right ups from seemingly reputable sources that chains primaries are more efficient.

Now don't get me wrong, i come from a history of British shiter's with chain drives so i am definitely not a fan.
    But in the early classic movement the chains were replaced by Belt primary's for a reputed gain of 1.5hp to 2 HP per 50HP and no oil on wheels etc longer life etc quieter ...

So if this is the case why aren't Real COMPETITION bikes running around with Belt drive primaries. As if it were true there would be an easy few HP there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Benelli 250 2C
    Blog Entries
    Wobbly - To be honest your offer of a reward for a 3o HP @ 10500 engine is a powerful incentive for not trying !!

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Personally I was a bit disappointed to hear the carb restriction was being lifted. Not because I'm afraid of being beaten, I'm used to that, but because I don't like seeing rule changes that aren't needed.

As for how fast Richban's bucket is, and what size, you only have to watch the videos he posted and see Fish dealing to him and Andrew on his Longchin to realise it isn't all about horsepower.

I've started on my new cylinder. Not totally sure where it will end but I'm aiming to break 30, and I still won't win.
    I don't think Speedpro or I are under any allusions as we have known for a long time that handling and riding and hp alone won't win races but it sure is fun to make and within the restrictions of the F4 rules, we havent been doing to badly at it.

If you look back through my dyno graphs you can see a trend of increasing power spread with increasing rpm.

My 30+ hp engine in fact has a wider spread of power than the engine Av used to clean up on at Tokoroa and Te Puke.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    $500 for the two primary gears on a GN
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Blog Entries
    ie: several x more than the bike was worth (depending if the tank was full or not)

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Personally I was a bit disappointed to hear the carb restriction was being lifted. .
    Say what i am guessing it was an unfounded rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    $500 for the two primary gears on a GN
    I actually remember you saying something in a PM i can remember why you would need Them though?
    Not actually the point of the question though. But good to know as i was talking a High HP "race" engines and not GN125's. Was it to fit in the Dr350 crank?

Whist the suggestion at changing primary drive, i could make no sense of. It did make me wonder if one was to make their own engine one of the things that always scares me is primary drive.

2 cause they have to be perfect. So using another set of ready made gears is problematic for the amateur.

I have seen in a quite a few right ups from seemingly reputable sources that chains primaries are more efficient.

Now don't get me wrong, i come from a history of British shiter's with chain drives so i am definitely not a fan.
    But in the early classic movement the chains were replaced by Belt primary's for a reputed gain of 1.5hp to 2 HP per 50HP and no oil on wheels etc longer life etc quieter ...

So if this is the case why aren't Real COMPETITION bikes running around with Belt drive primaries. As if it were true there would be an easy few HP there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information