Page 541 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 4144149153153954054154254355159164110411541 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Do tell, think Bert had used these guys or similar. Have you sent them cad files & gotten a rad? My 496 could do with something bigger, but I'm getting short of money again. I'd precluded a custom rad until I heard of the prices out of Ch.
    We built our own for the Superkart I ran, think it was an alloy Commodore core for about $120, split it down the middle and welded our own tanks to the ends, Commodore core would probably to long for your bike but it's just a matter of finding the right core
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Honda NC50
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    hang my head in shame for not getting 100Hp AND 100Kg, just talk as usual it seems.
    How can you live with yourself. Back to the drawing board I guess.

While the rest of us marvel at those figures!!!!!!

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    bored

send pm when something interesting happens

for example ,,if u want a cylinder designed

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    yamaha
    OK - here is the biggest fuck off imaginable to those people that think a 4T is anything but a heavy pig on wheels.
    RZ400 first dyno test - peak torque at 9200, peak power at 11200 - 6th gear run fully loaded, and HOT - and 45% humidity.
    Only 96 Hp in a 100Kg bike - am I still full of shit Mr SV650 Helper.
    Show us your dyno curve - full throttle at 4000 to red line, and how much does it weigh???
    I just bought a set of carbon BST wheels off Aprilia factory bike, just in case we are too heavy,and cant dive under the pigs into the sweeper at Hampton, like Discombe does on my TZ in pre 82 - running wire wheels on a C model,
    breaking the lap record - and he is only 69 years old.
    And your claim to fame is ?????
    No answer - funny that.
    Good effort. Nice wide power band on it. I would love to see some video of it on the track when its all done

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    OK - here is the biggest fuck off imaginable to those people that think a 4T is anything but a heavy pig on wheels.
    "Pig on Wheels" someone certainly deserved that, but this is where I have to hold my hand up and say I am very impressed by the frame building and general engineering skills that have gone into some of the 4-Strokes and I think that talent should be appreciated.

Bike
    FXR1fiddy

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    What is outrageous is the 400's curve just seems to go on.

So that was with the FCRs, you had talked about trialing some of those adjustable pjs, but surely this has a solenoid pj?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TZ400
    Re the small end question.
    Sounds exactly like all the RD - RZ Yamaha setup, where they used a very wide small end bearing.
    Only thing is to ensure that the needle rollers cant sit outside the edge of the rod when sitting in place correctly, or they catch, and shag everything in sight.

The RZ400 was using 39FCR carbs with the DialAJets mounted.
    I disconnected the fuel tube up to them however as I wanted to nail the main size first, after optimising the ignition curve,and the powervalve map.
    Ran into a problem near the end of the session that wasted a couple of hours to diagnose.
    The oil I was using Elf 909 had separated out in the tank while we had a 1/2 Hr coffee break, and at full noise in 5th gear the engine simply stopped dead during the next all gear run..
    Thought I had holes in two pistons, but after hair tearing out, discovered the bowls were full of straight oil.
    This seems to go back to years ago with Castrol R separating from Avgas, but I think with 46% humidity that evening, and having real touble getting it to mix - it
    needs the old trick of adding some Acetone to prevent dropout.
    I love that oil as it was the best I tested in hours of dyno work with KT100, best power and no skirt scratching from running in a new piston
    The straight synthetic 976 made no more power at 20:1 ( down from 30:1) and every synthetic tested left vertical scratches on the piston when running in.

Anyway the powerjets were never used, the overev characteristic comes from several hours of juggling the main and air corrector ratio.
    Plus of course the ignition curve.
    The twin blade powervalve is fully up at 10500, and the good mid torque comes from the correct intake length,with a trumpet 60mm long on the FCR front end.
    I could quickly go well over 100RWHp by widening the Ex port out from the 68% it is now - but that setup will be kind on the piston and rings - its a customer bike, and must be dead reliable for a whole race season.

PS - I agree completely re the great engineering and great engineers work on the 4T designs - but this is a 2T forum and when it comes down to it, with a level playing field the ring ding will win every time.
    All I am doing is using some of the technology freely available to everyone, to produce a race winner in a class that allows a 650 - 4T to be mown down easily by a well built 400-2T - as it very well should.
    Even Stoner says the only reason he would want to stay would be to give him a 500 - 2T to kick diesel arse.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    piston when running in.

Anyway the powerjets were never used, the overev characteristic comes form several hours of juggling the main and air corrector ratio.
    I had heard that the biggest main air jet you can get to work will make the most power with that carb. Did you find any truth in that. Apparently bigger main air jet better atomization? More ponies. Yet to test this with mine.

Bike
    TZ400
    I believe that the better fuel atomisation at the expense of the correct fuel curve would work on a 4T.
    But as a 2T will throw its piston toys out of the cot at the first hint of a lean condition you have to correct the fuel curve to get the egt numbers progressively rising then stay stable in the overev.
    Atomisation takes a back seat to A/F ratio accuracy with a well tuned 2T.
    The FCR is a dead cool piece of kit - every circuit is very sensitive and responds immediately and logically to any small change.
    1/4 turn on the idle air or fuel will raise or lower idle by 200 rpm straight off.
    One main jet is exactly 40* temp change every time - great when you are watching everything in realtime on the dyno and data logging screens, for any indication of an issue or needing to correct a small hole in the delivery.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    The FCR is a dead cool piece of kit - every circuit is very sensitive and responds immediately and logically to any small change.
    1/4 turn on the idle air or fuel will raise or lower idle by 200 rpm straight off.
    Yeah the small amount of time I have been playing with the FCR I am super impressed. Like you say. All the circuits seam to talk to you in a very predictable way.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    To reply to kicka and bracer , its free to upload a drawing to shapeway ,even easier if you know the volume a cr 250 cylinder would be im guessing about 10 000 yen for the mold then machining costs and casting
    Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge View Post
    To reply to kicka and bracer , its free to upload a drawing to shapeway ,even easier if you know the volume a cr 250 cylinder would be im guessing about 10 000 yen for the mold then machining costs and casting
    Stephen
    that's about $150 nzd wow

Anyone got the program for a Aprilia 125 cylinder

Scaled to 100cc
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post

Scaled to 100cc
    sandstone , is 75 cents us /cm^3 so if you get a cylinder dunk it in some water the overflow or level rise will give u the volume

THEN it has to be finished for casting and cast THEN machined

ALSO ...u may get the cock up factor when casting and start machining only to find a crack ,

the costs might be higher ....

I have a cr250 barrel somewhere, we could try that I suppose

Stephen

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Scaled to 100cc
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge View Post
    sandstone , is 75 cents us /cm^3 so if you get a cylinder dunk it in some water the overflow or level rise will give u the volume
    THEN it has to be finished for casting and cast THEN machined. ALSO ...u may get the cock up factor when casting and start machining only to find a crack ,
    the costs might be higher ....
    I have a cr250 barrel somewhere, we could try that I suppose Stephen
    I've got a couple (or 5) of RS and TZ barrels; Crazyman has access to a furnace.... hummm I see a plan growing.

(I'm sure this has been posted before; but...)
    Gabriele Gnani on youTube; the basic how to make a 125 GP motor & Bike. Worth a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-2rJtnkYq4 (gets better at the end)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj4h9...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A50p3...eature=related

Thread Information