Page 626 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 12652657661662462562662762863667672611261626 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,390 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg

Panel question likely a silly one at that

Question for the panel
    has any one ever done any research on other means of creating (a non engine related) positive wave or indeed negative wave to extend the effective rev range of a pipe. I am thinking of some alternate way of generating a pressure wave to argument the Kadenacy effect over a wider rev range perhaps possibly i don't know just musing acoustically?
    But there would probably be other ways as well i assume
    I understand 170 db is around 1psi
    183 db is 6psi or their about's
    193db is around 14psi

i realise it is likely unrealistic, but has anyone tried?
    Blame a LPG powered bird deterrent cannon for this question.

PS does Frits have an update on the trombone pipe he posted earlier?

While i was having a poke around the net i came upon this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_wave_supercharger

A pressure wave supercharger (also known as a wave rotor[1]) is a type of supercharger technology that harnesses the pressure waves produced by an internal combustion engine exhaust gas pulses to compress the intake air. Its automotive use is not widespread; the most widely used example is the Comprex, developed by Brown Boveri.[2] Ferrari tested such a device during the development of the 126C Formula One car. The system did not lend itself to as tidy an installation as the alternative twin-turbocharger layout, and the car was never raced in this form[3]. A more successful application was in the RF series diesel engine found in the 1988 Mazda 626 Capella; ultimately 150,000 Mazda diesel cars were fitted with a Comprex supercharger. Other users included Peugeot and Mercedes-Benz. The Greenpeace SmILE concept car uses a Hyprex pressure wave supercharger developed by the Swiss company Wenko AG.[2] NASA uses wave rotors in experiments attempting to increase gas turbine efficiency. The wave rotor is placed between the compressor, combustor and turbine sections in order to extract more energy from the combustion process
    PrincipleThe process is controlled by a cylindrical cell rotor whose speed is synchronised with the engine crankshaft speed via a belt or chain. Individual cells alternately open and close the exhaust gas and fresh air apertures, when the aperture on the exhaust gas side is reached pressurised exhaust gas flows into the cell and compresses the fresh air there. As the cell rotor continues to rotate and reaches the aperture on the inlet side the compressed air flows to the engine. Before the exhaust gas can flow the aperture is closed again and the exhaust gas column is reflected before entering the engine. The exhaust gas exits at high speed sucking further intake air into the cell behind it repeating the process.

[edit] AdvantagesEnergy exchange in the pressure-wave supercharger occurs at sound velocity, resulting in good response even at low engine speeds, a common downfall of turbocharged engines. It combines the advantages of mechanical and exhaust gas supercharging.

[edit] Control systemA control system, to optimise performance, was patented in 1986 by Hachiro Aoki for Diesel Kiki Co. Ltd., Tokyo, Japan - United States Patent 4563997.[6]
    well not exactly what i was looking for i found it interesting and i had never heard of the concept

oh Swissauto that rings a bell.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EN_2000H5.pdf   HirceagaIancuMueller_2005Timisoara_WaveRotorsTechnologyAndApplications.pdf  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Heres an interesting thread on machining 2T stuff, covers resleeves, honing and other interesting stuff

http://forums.everything2stroke.com/...ecrets-inside?
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Heres an interesting thread on machining 2T stuff, covers resleeves, honing and other interesting stuff

http://forums.everything2stroke.com/...ecrets-inside?
    What a gold mine.. well worth reading.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET

4 Stroke goodness.

Yes I know this is a 2 stroke thread but I did say to Rob I would post the latest results from the dark side.

So here it is. Almost 2hp above the old fast engine. Lots to still do. I ran out of needle options so could not fix the hole at 8. I will try make a new needle today.

Also running the stock FXR ignition at this point so will be looking at the ignitech after I get a EGT and CHT Gauge.

But happy for now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new dyno graph.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	365.9 KB 
ID:	272215

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I imagine that torque curve would look entirely different if run up on a dynojet, far less dippy.

Funny how the Dyno Dynamics SW designers decided that the most important feature was a Max HP reading in a big box. Yet ease of storing of files wasn't a key feature.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post

Almost 2hp above the old fast engine.
    Damn who would have thought 27hp at 11k from a diesel. You'll be up for the first round of the NI series? I sure would like to see a true back to back on the ESE dyno.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I imagine that torque curve would look entirely different if run up on a dynojet, far less dippy.

Thats the fuel ratio. he he.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Damn who would have thought 27hp at 11k from a diesel. You'll be up for the first round of the NI series? I sure would like to see a true back to back on the ESE dyno.
    Yeah back to back will tell the true story. I will try to come up. 27 at 11. What at 13? Lots of work to do. There should be power at the limiter so something is holding it back. Could be the stock ignition could be fueling. Will se with more time.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    ... 27 at 11. What at 13?
    Its looking good, my pick is, 27+hp @ 11 and at least 6k useable power spread when its sorted.

Maybe Rich will get 28-29 with a few more rev's, very much impressed.

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Damn who would have thought 27hp at 11k from a diesel.
    and more to come too by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SS90 View Post
    My opinion is that a 28PS 25 NM air cooled two stroke 125 would currently clean up in NZ buckets.
    TeeZee has been talking about whats needed for a while now and has been showing the way.

Its only my opinion SS, but I think you might need to raise your sights a bit.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post

TeeZee has been talking about whats needed for a while now and has been showing the way.

I'm starting to come to the belief that the limiting factor in air cooled 125 development may be the ability of an iron linered barrel designed for a commuter bike to handle the heat rejection levels required for those power levels.

i suspect both Frits and Wob may agree - Frits has said something similar I thnk.

A safe level may actually prove to be around 27 - 28 hp....unless you go to fan cooling....
    Short dyno sessions are just that - races are actually quite different.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post

he started off mouthing with 24hp that was ample i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I'm starting to come to the belief that the limiting factor in air cooled 125 development may be the ability of an iron linered barrel designed for a commuter bike to handle the heat rejection levels required for those power levels.

i suspect both Frits and Wob may agree - Frits has said something similar I thnk.

A safe level may actually prove to be around 27 - 28 hp....unless you go to fan cooling....
    Short dyno sessions are just that - races are actually quite different.

Dt175 which are common were similar head plus many others too i guess. that would be legal as well.
    My iron Villiers had the fins turned off and alloy fins shrunk on. Yeah i know not ideal but neither was the iron cylinder either........

The AJS porcupine, well you can guess what the finning was like can't you.....

A lot of the 50's works bikes had a very very high proportion of Silver in them too.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Yeah back to back will tell the true story. I will try to come up. 27 at 11. What at 13? Lots of work to do. There should be power at the limiter so something is holding it back. Could be the stock ignition could be fueling. Will se with more time.
    Might be only one 27hp FXR at the moment but now the 4-stroke boys have the formula you can bet there will be some more high powered 4's soon.

Good effort.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket

....unless you go to fan cooling....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foreign Correspondant.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	610.3 KB 
ID:	272245
    I cant immediately remember who, but near the beginning of this thread there was someone who tried to mock TeeZee for all the copper and his idea of using cpu heat sinks and fans for extra cooling I guess they were wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copper Head Parts.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	710.6 KB 
ID:	272236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copper Spray'd Head.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	476.5 KB 
ID:	272237   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CopperHead Assy.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	479.3 KB 
ID:	272238   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copper Head  and Copper Sheet.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	491.9 KB 
ID:	272239  

Bike
    BSA A10
    Would fitting an alloy liner and nicasil coating it be better then?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information