Page 638 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 13853858862863663763863964064868873811381638 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    OK ... it might be 4-stroke but its an interesting story on setting up and using a Mega Squirt fuel injection system.

http://www.madhu.com/content/Main/FuelInjection
    here's a two stroke injection project that I've following with interest (same motor as my tzr100):
    http://www.125ccsportsbikes.com/foru...pic=63480&st=0

some other crazy sh!t:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzHX2...w4iBpiDizddl2A

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Not only did Begg make F5000 cars the guys who actually did the work ( Fred McLean and Peter Pinion ) also
    built race frames for bikes.
    They did TZ350s and one with a TZ500 or 750
    Im building a replica ( modified after some FEA work ) Frepin 350 now, for Discombe to race at Philip Island and I also have the original 500 frame.
    Here is a pic of the 350 frame in front of a new 400 - F3 bike.
    Anyone know anything about the 500 - I believe a John McLaclan rode it in the 80s.
    hummm it all starts making sense. a little bit of history (in the making again)....
    Your F3-400 is looking great Wobbly

http://2stroker.createforumhosting.c...t3140-105.html

Bike
    husaberg
    Not only did Begg make F5000 cars the guys who actually did the work ( Fred McLean and Peter Pinion ) also
    Im building a replica ( modified after some FEA work ) Frepin 350 now, for Discombe to race at Philip Island and I also have the original 500 frame.
    Anyone know anything about the 500 - I believe a John McLaclan rode it in the 80s.
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Most of us here in the South Island would have seen and heard this unique New Zealand Home brewed special
    (Both the frequency and the amplitude are pretty unforgettable)
    But i guess it might be interesting to the northerners.
    George Begg's factory/Workshop must have been an exciting place to be after hours what with the construction of the F5000 cars and Burt Munro dropping in to borrow the use of equipment and materials and with specials such as this.
    i had posted this before.
    The Begg workshop was obviously a hot bed of special building.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IEL Roberts Speciala.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	707.9 KB 
ID:	273279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IEL Roberts Specialb.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	775.0 KB 
ID:	273280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IEL Roberts Specialc.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	768.6 KB 
ID:	273281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IEL Roberts speciald.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	574.1 KB 
ID:	273282   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IEL Roberts Specialf.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	176.6 KB 
ID:	273284   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IEl Roberts Speciale.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	273283  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exercycle
    I got asked about Frepin frames not long ago by a CAMS guy who wanted to build a replica. There used to be one hanging in the rafters at ChCh motorcycles -shop's gone now of course. i asked Lindsay Williamson who ran the place what happened to it. He reckons John White has it. He also reckons it is the 350 frame Fred modified to tale a 750...John Mclachlan doesn't ring a bell - PAUL Mclachlan does...
    Paul is still around ChCh and apparently is keen to come out at next year's Wigram revival.
    John White is here in ChCh - someone will know where - his son is heavily involved in D1 drifting.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Na the OZbergers run Post Classic Pre 82 Junior as we do, but like the poms the buggers allow late model TZ, 41mm forks on a TZ350.
    We must run period only forks, so I have built up a set from 82 GS1100GK, the only production bike I can find with 41mm conventional forks from pre 82.
    And using special SV650 legs the Doctor will be fitting GSXR Ohlins cartridges inside, as internals are free - that will teach them.
    P&R did an alloy swingarm in period for the TZ350, so that is OK within the rules.
    welcome to the wierd & wonderful world of post classics wob....the Canadians let you use any conventional forks up to 41mm - but specify solid spoke mags for the pre 82 period.....i think the first Goldwings were 41mm too.
    Looked at in world context our rules aren't too bad. Now enforcing them.....

Bike
    husaberg
    From memory (You would know better than me) Jon also did the stream-liner with the Britten motor as well as the Whitepower Ducati Replica F2 frames. But i am pretty sure he spelled It Jon though.

Na the OZbergers run Post Classic Pre 82 Junior as we do, but like the poms the buggers allow late model TZ, 41mm forks on a TZ350.
    We must run period only forks, so I have built up a set from 82 GS1100GK, the only production bike I can find with 41mm conventional forks from pre 82.
    And using special SV650 legs the Doctor will be fitting GSXR Ohlins cartridges inside, as internals are free - that will teach them.
    P&R did an alloy swingarm in period for the TZ350, so that is OK within the rules.
    good luck finding some..... never seen one in the flesh myself
    41mm Kawasaki KZ-1300A1-A4 (79-82)

Below is the fork tube sizes and the stem sizes and Axel sizes for a lot of bikes.
    For the taper roller bearing sizes go to the Sudco cattledog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OCRStemSizes.pdf   OCRTubeSizes.pdf  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    From memory (You would know better than me) Jon also did the stream-liner with the Britten motor as well as the Whitepower Ducati Replica F2 frames. But i am pretty sure he spelled It Jon though.
    The streamliner that crashed out fairly early on in the record attempts

Stu Whyte used to do the replica TT2 frames (Whytech?), Jon was known for his rapid Trident
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    The streamliner that crashed out fairly early on in the record attempts

Stu Whyte used to do the replica TT2 frames (Whytech?), Jon was known for his rapid Trident
    oh whoops but the TTF2 were definitely originally Whytepower or whitepower even at the time the was a little provocative i can see why it was changed.
    So was Jon's Trident the one with the inlet manifolds made from pushbike steering stems (Peugeot???) or was that someone else
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew a View Post
    ... my thoughts are if you take it to HD with no air box your looking for trouble.
    Remembering Andrews suggestions at Taupo, for the last Mt Welly I recycled the plenum as an air box.

Its not so obvious but the carb is inside and the old plenum cavity acts as a spilt fuel catch tank and wind shield come small airbox.

It ran OK at the last race meeting but I havent dynoed this arrangement yet, hopefully I will get a chance to tomorrow night.

Name:	Plenum Air Box 2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	237.2 KB 
ID:	273294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plenum Air Box 1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	239.1 KB 
ID:	273295  

Bike
    yamaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    here's a two stroke injection project that I've following with interest (same motor as my tzr100):
    http://www.125ccsportsbikes.com/foru...pic=63480&st=0

some other crazy sh!t:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzHX2...w4iBpiDizddl2A

hummm it all starts making sense. a little bit of history (in the making again)....
    Your F3-400 is looking great Wobbly

http://2stroker.createforumhosting.c...t3140-105.html

They normally make about 15hp for a good 70cc scooter 12-13 hp is as low as they go. He manages to take a good cylinder and make it slower. you should have seen when he put the turbo on one. He got it down to about 8hp in the end.

Bike
    TZ400
    I knew about the GoldWing forks but apart from being Honda they are way heavy - didnt know about the big Kawa though ,thanks.
    It may in fact be Paul McLachland or whatever - I am trying to confirm what engine was actually raced in the modified frame.
    The basic engine is the same - just differing cylinders, but it would be good to know exactly what and who raced.
    I have the frame, seat, fairing,tank,swingarm - but finding an engine isnt going to be easy.
    There will be one floating around under a bench somewhere, as Trev sold his Bakker frame and 750 engine separated.
    The mods are very agricultural, involving crushing tubes in a vise, and the main chassis tubes are already bent from excessive chain pull, but I intend "fixing "all that if I can find a powerplant.
    I bought some mint GS1100 forks for 90USD, and new high tensile thin wall SV650 tubes from England for 80GBP as they were leftovers from ProTwins racing, just need
    to arrange another mortgage to get Denis on the job at KSS.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Exercycle
    I knew about the GoldWing forks but apart from being Honda they are way heavy - didnt know about the big Kawa though ,thanks.
    It may in fact be Paul McLachland or whatever - I am trying to confirm what engine was actually raced in the modified frame.
    The basic engine is the same - just differing cylinders, but it would be good to know exactly what and who raced.
    I have the frame, seat, fairing,tank,swingarm - but finding an engine isnt going to be easy.
    There will be one floating around under a bench somewhere, as Trev sold his Bakker frame and 750 engine separated.
    The mods are very agricultural, involving crushing tubes in a vise, and the main chassis tubes are already bent from excessive chain pull, but I intend "fixing "all that if I can find a powerplant.
    I bought some mint GS1100 forks for 90USD, and new high tensile thin wall SV650 tubes from England for 80GBP as they were leftovers from ProTwins racing, just need
    to arrange another mortgage to get Denis on the job at KSS.
    Pretty sure if it was Paul's motor in the Frepin it was a 700. Memory says he put it all back into the TZ frame quite quickly and sold it.
    The 350 Frepin frames were pretty marginal for strength/stiffness with a twin....
    Sorry the Bakker got split...I remember Stu Avant fronting with it and admiring the workmanship.

Bike
    husaberg
    Left field but but Ceraini http://www.discovolantemoto.co.uk/su.../prod_117.html
    Rickman had 41mm forks. Made by (i think) Metal profiles) (Greeves now)

Might be a bit hard finding them though.no doubt someone make replicas.Marzochi probably as well too.
    On Lawsons bike from the early 80's Rob Muzzy used to run police spec tubes. same outside dia but thicker id no one noticed.......
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    TZ400
    As im replacing 35mm TZ forks with 41mm legs, im making them very thin wall in hi tensile tube.
    Still way stronger than the bendy originals,along with fully adjustable cartridges to boot.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Aprilia GP 125 & 250, 91 & 92 models

TZ yamaha titanium GP 125/250 Pipe

Hi all, Attached is some pictures of a late model TZ yamaha titanium GP 125/250 pipe. Can anyone explain what the part inside the pipe is.

Why is it there?
    What is it called?
    How does it work?

Name:	IMG_0703.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	273350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0704.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	273351   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0706.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	273352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0708.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	273353   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0710.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	273354  

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW View Post
    Hi all, Attached is some pictures of a late model TZ yamaha titanium GP 125/250 pipe. Can anyone explain what the part inside the pipe is.

Why is it there?
    What is it called?
    How does it work?
    Ten carrot actors.

follow the posts for the RGV500 version and pictures
    Quote Originally Posted by gamma500 View Post
    Here's some pics of rgv500 cylinders and pipes...hhmmm...

When unleaded became mandatory in 98 most teams had a hell of a time keeping deto under control, having to run very rich and retarded.
    The cylinders with the straighter pipes always gave alot more grief, untill a lowly dyno operator at Yamaha discovered that
    when he stuck a large pressure probe into the header, the deto went away.
    They managed to keep this secret for a couple of years but when teams like WCM got hold of the bikes, and left pipes lying about as you see in the pics,word soon got around.
    The "things " intruding into the header take varying forms,but all do the same thing - the usually bottom "bent "pipes dont have the same issue, so dont need the so called deto buttons.
    I have a couple somewhere from a Red Bull bike - I will pic them and post here .
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information