Page 674 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 17457462466467267367467567668472477411741674 ... LastLast
Results 10,096 to 10,110 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    Yet to find one for sale. Haven't looked that hard but over a long period. I can go to fixed as suggested too. I really do need to build a pipe soon, shit or not it will be better as kilos lighter and will allow me the room I need to jack up the rear end.
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    WTF, they were consummate shitee. Used to run one on the H100, it was crap.
    Hillie has a few, i would say by now including my old cr80 AC one minus the cdi unit.

Dave they have a high-speed retard built in, They bolt on. they have a known curve they line up wit the timing plate (the std MB100 actually advances.) From memory the MB50 curve starts at around 19 degrees and comes back to 15 at 9000rpm odd. Yes possibly not the best match, but from memory Kobas motor is fairly tame.
    cheapest fix i can think of for a fully static is the c90 cdi supposedly unit most Diesel cdi's they can handle quite a few revs, and it would work with almost any cdi stator.
    I seem to recall Mike posting that his motor likes it basically fixed till around 13000rpm
    conversely in a budget the CR80 had a nice tidy stator set up and i would go for that first go.
    I do remember there was a tiny unit supplied as an accessory for chainsaws that used to be used on a lot of kt100's and similar engines a well.
    People have often spoken of adding delay boxes to standard cdi units even with trim pots to alter the standard curves.
    i have posted a company before that used to do them. Plus an article on it.

But of course the ultimate answer is the ignitech or similar.
    would a oscilloscopes be able to map the ignition timing if a hall effect trigger was added to display tdc
    I seen this today which i guess is a similar set up to Wobs ignition tester in a way.

Koba i possibly might have a cdi and could have a stator flywheel you can have (free) but i would have to look at the oldmans.
    But at the end of the day why would you want Cause Dave says it's shitee.

PS Koba i don't see any advantage to a lighter rotor didn't stop me doing it but no advantage i could tell other than it when we over-lightened the first one it fell to bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    none
    Standing in the line of fire of such a degree wheel spinning at 10,000 rpm is a great way of catching an arterial bleeding....

Bike
    rd 350 ypvs 1985
    I was bored so... not exactly like lozza says but perhaps in the right direction (pun intended)

Nothing a bit of jbweld can't fix is it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-Transfers ief.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	275323  

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Thanks guys for the porting overlays.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aprilia Port.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	275325

Here is something I found amongst Frits's Aprilia stuff. Its a cross section across the transfer port windows.

Name:	Std GP125 005.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	275328

This is what the standard Suzuki GP125 looks like.

Name:	opening-the-rear-transfers.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	322.5 KB 
ID:	275327

This is how I open up the rear transfer B Ports.

Name:	Neds GP125 008.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	245.1 KB 
ID:	275326

The Suzuki GP has this strange Siamese port arrangement inside.

Name:	TeeZees-tools.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	287.6 KB 
ID:	275329

There is only so much I can do with these tools, I would love to get a small right angle hand piece that fits inside the cylinder.

Name:	2-Transfers 010.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	237.9 KB 
ID:	275330

Because the GP's ducts twist around, the angle that a duct window points across the cylinder is different to the angle you can see at the duct entry. I can't seem to make good photos of their true shape.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Standing in the line of fire of such a degree wheel spinning at 10,000 rpm is a great way of catching an arterial bleeding....
    You better not watch this one of his other videos then
    This one is worse!!!! i think he even realises this, as he starts shaking the camera.
    (Even Bert ran his chain with a guard)
    i heave heard of these style dyno's bit never seen one.
    I think Grumph said a HQ disk is good for 100hp
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Hillie has a few, i would say by now including my old cr80 AC one minus the cdi unit.

Dave they have a high-speed retard built in, They bolt on. they have a known curve they line up wit the timing plate (the std MB100 actually advances.) From memory the MB50 curve starts at around 19 degrees and comes back to 15 at 9000rpm odd. Yes possibly not the best match, but from memory Kobas motor is fairly tame.
    cheapest fix i can think of for a fully static is the c90 cdi supposedly unit most Diesel cdi's they can handle quite a few revs, and it would work with almost any cdi stator.
    I seem to recall Mike posting that his motor likes it basically fixed till around 13000rpm
    conversely in a budget the CR80 had a nice tidy stator set up and i would go for that first go.
    I do remember there was a tiny unit supplied as an accessory for chainsaws that used to be used on a lot of kt100's and similar engines a well.
    People have often spoken of adding delay boxes to standard cdi units even with trim pots to alter the standard curves.
    i have posted a company before that used to do them. Plus an article on it.

But of course the ultimate answer is the ignitech or similar.
    would a oscilloscopes be able to map the ignition timing if a hall effect trigger was added to display tdc
    I seen this today which i guess is a similar set up to Wobs ignition tester in a way.

Koba i possibly might have a cdi and could have a stator flywheel you can have (free) but i would have to look at the oldmans.
    But at the end of the day why would you want Cause Dave says it's shitee.

PS Koba i don't see any advantage to a lighter rotor didn't stop me doing it but no advantage i could tell other than it when we over-lightened the first one it fell to bits.
    Dave nagged me for ages saying I need to get a lighter rotor on it, the difference was huge and noticeable immediately.
    It was heaps better in many ways, including off the line.

Cheers, no worries about the ignition; I'm going to work with what I've got for a while.
    The ignition is OK for my needs right now, there are other changes that will lower lap-times quicker.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    TZ400
    TeeZee - Air flow in a duct hates being bent in 3D.
    Transfer ports all have to "go around the corner " into the cylinder, so having the duct twisted along its length just to achieve the correct radial angle of entry, is dramatically reducing flow.
    That is why I coloured the septum divider in red, on the Paint picture of the duct entries.
    Fill the duct walls, to A, reduce the total volume, and B, to get the front and rear walls at the correct angle, axially, along the duct length correct right from the start.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    TeeZee - Air flow in a duct hates being bent in 3D.

Fill the duct walls, to A, reduce the total volume, and B, to get the front and rear walls at the correct angle, axially, along the duct length correct right from the start.
    more work .......

OK after Taumarunui which is next weekend, I will make a complete new cylinder as this one is getting a bit tatty.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    Dave nagged me for ages saying I need to get a lighter rotor on it, the difference was huge and noticeable immediately.
    It was heaps better in many ways, including off the line.
    Not exactly an apples for apple comparison though....... is it or is it?
    I are guessing you are comparing a totally different ignition system rather than just a lighter rotor.

I guess Frits and Wob might be able to explain why high flywheel inertia can be a advantage....
    i think Wob mentioned previously about what happens when the RS125 rotor mass is lowered.
    Plus why the RSA( i think it was the RSA) is full of very heavy metal...Mallory???? Tungsten????? depleted Uranium?????
    i seem to remember something from physics about the having the weight concentrated at the periphery you can have the same interia with less overall weight or something like that (are sure will be corrected)
    i guess it will accelerate faster from different revs i guess faster with less flywheel inetia

Like i said i could find no obvious advantage from a lower mass flywheel (lap times)with the same ignition (other than at a standstill)
    maybe is was my shitee MB50 ignition

but a lighter set of wheels that i would notice
    Last edited by husaberg; 30th December 2012 at 10:31. Reason: added wheels
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    i seem to remember something from physics about the having the weight concentrated at the periphery you can have the same interia with less overall weight or something like that (are sure will be corrected)
    i guess it will accelerate faster from different revs i guess faster with less flywheel inetia
    Yep. Any mass you have to spool up cost you acceleration, and unless you've invested in kinetic energy recovery tech you don't get it back. F1 engines have no flywheel at all, they have enough mass in the crank that it's inertia alone keeps them ticking over at the minimum revs they're required to run at.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Just love his philosophy ......
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    . . .

Like i said i could find no obvious advantage from a lower mass flywheel (lap times)with the same ignition (other than at a standstill)
    ahh c'mon think about it. An MB was a 70s road bike that needed to cope with learner riders & city traffic. It had a dirty great flywheel to aid clutch starts. It is way too big for a race bike. Wob has enlightened us that too light will affect the ability to rev to extremes. I always figured there was sweet spot of mass, but never the result of too light.

The CR80 ign was an imediate improvement on the H100 (just as it had been on the MB50) over the left over MB50 one I had replaced the H's points ign. The reduced mass didn't affect starts, in fact the opposite, there was still heaps.

Further, swapping to the CR ign stopped the irratating habit of burning through a spark plug every one & 1/2 meetings as it did with the MB ign, probably a decent compression ratio over the roadbike was a step too far.

As I said, it was Shite. Dunno why I waste my time.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike

Name:	Dyno Base Run 005.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	275334

True to form, when I opened the stable door some of the ponies escaped.

Red line is what we had when we did the back to back with Rich's bike before Tokoroa.

Blue is what I have now after a weeks work improving things ......

It is amazing, after a little tickle up in the ports the carburation is so rich down low it barely runs and then takes of from about 8-9k like a cut cat then signs of early.

Bike
    tf bucket
    How much of the change in output can you attribute to the ports/ducts and how much to the head shape/commpression ratio ??

You did say your measuring system might make people blush !

Bike
    husaberg
    Not exactly an apples for apple comparison though....... is it or is it?
    I are guessing you are comparing a totally different ignition system rather than just a lighter rotor.

but a lighter set of wheels that i would notice
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    ahh c'mon think about it. An MB was a 70s road bike that needed to cope with learner riders & city traffic. It had a dirty great flywheel to aid clutch starts. It is way too big for a race bike. Wob has enlightened us that too light will affect the ability to rev to extremes. I always figured there was sweet spot of mass, but never the result of too light.

The CR80 ign was an imediate improvement on the H100 (just as it had been on the MB50) over the left over MB50 one I had replaced the H's points ign. The reduced mass didn't affect starts, in fact the opposite, there was still heaps.

Further, swapping to the CR ign stopped the irratating habit of burning through a spark plug every one & 1/2 meetings as it did with the MB ign, probably a decent compression ratio over the roadbike was a step too far.

As I said, it was Shite. Dunno why I waste my time.
    i dunno why you reply before reading the entire post.........apple vs apples vs oranges vs kiwifruit

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Early RS125s had an external rotor the same as the CR125 it was derived from.
    The later GP only RS125 engine had an internal rotor about the same as the RSW/RSA with a much higher inertia crank assy.
    When changing to total loss and removing the small rotor, the engine had no overev at all.
    So much higher inertia cranks were made by VHM and the factory for this application.
    The RSW/RSA crank inertia is very high due to full circle and plated wheels and added Mallory, to be able to run with the small rotor assy.
    It matters not where the inertia comes from - the wheels or the rotor create overev by reducing the in cycle speed variations of the crank assy, at the expense of outright acceleration capability.
    Last edited by husaberg; 30th December 2012 at 11:42. Reason: found wobs bit from memory frits added something later?
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information