Page 676 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 17657662666667467567667767868672677611761676 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,140 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by 2T Institute View Post
    Reality doesn't agree, flywheel weights gain a lot of traction and drivability (ask any CR500 owner),
    Yes, I was pouring lead into 2T trials bike flywheels... a long time ago, for exactly that reason. But I guess these guys aren't really pushing the limits of traction under simple acceleration.

with a lot of inertia you don't drop a lot rpm when the throttle is closed under brakes.
    Which can be a bit of a problem if you're desperately trying to scrub speed going into turn 1. Unless you keep the clutch in, in which case I suppose it's a valid energy storage strategy.

Getting on the throttle earlier does wonders for acceleration.
    Absolutely, a bit of time on a BSA bushman is good for refining one's antici
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Back to the CVT concept, I found this interesting.

You will need to translate it.

http://www.2t-special.it/forum/viewt...hp?f=14&t=3819

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Are you familiar with rapid milk cooling systems?
    No, I'm not. Is it something we could use?
    I guess it would still be easier to do the water galleries on the 2 stroke than the oil galleries in a RC166. In your cylinder are these formed with a cast in small diameter pipe insert?
    My cylinders are not cast at all; they are produced with Selective Laser Melting
    (Institute for Complex Materials, Leibnitz Institute for Solid State and Materials Research Dresden, Germany, www.ifw-dresden.de ).

Bike
    Several
    Hey TZ, what fuel do you run?
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post

Just looking at the pics tells a good story!
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    My cylinders are not cast at all; they are produced with Selective Laser Melting
    (Institute for Complex Materials, Leibnitz Institute for Solid State and Materials Research Dresden, Germany, www.ifw-dresden.de ).
    That's a very cute trick, I wasn't aware the technology had come quite so far.
    I know of a similar process, used to make a water pump, including a free-floating impeller built completely enclosed within the pump cavity. Removes design constraints I didn't really even know existed until such processes came along...
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post

Interesting CVT 250 and it looks like it is using the rims of the flywheels as rotary valves.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121208125342.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	275391

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    Hey TZ, what fuel do you run?
    Av gas, supposedly for its consistency and we run 20:1 oil ratio .... but we are looking to go to pump gas but a bit of re-tuning will be required to make the switch.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Av gas supposedly for its consistency and 20:1 oil ratio .... but we are looking to go to pump gas.
    True, I was wondering about that as when looking back over the data for the 30hp single port engine I noticed the 13.9:1 Compression ratio and wondered if it was too high.

I hope to machine my head sometime soon so I've been thinking about it.

When Hels had Dave's old H100 we had to go to the Aero club and buy avgas for it which was a real pain in the dick.
    We mixed this with 98 octane pump fuel.
    I think I will try to get mine nice on high octane pump.

It has been nice using 91 in it so far but those days may be over soon.

As an interesting side note I've had very few vehicles that actually benefited from high octane pump fuel, my old turbo car was one and my A100 would pink on 91 at "high" speed. Interesting it would sometimes pink on BP 98 but other 'premium' fuels seemed OK.

Oh, I've been running around about 30:1 of whatever is cheapest synthetic at the time.
    I'll probably have to start getting a bit more precise on all that soon...
    Last edited by koba; 31st December 2012 at 15:23. Reason: Added the oily bit
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    1991 NSR300
    Av gas, supposedly for its consistency and we run 20:1 oil ratio .... but we are looking to go to pump gas but a bit of re-tuning will be required to make the switch.
    I think you will lose midrange power when you do that .

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    No, I'm not. Is it something we could use?
    Probably not it will just be another of my crackpot ideas.
    Primarily milk cooling is conducted with a plate cooler which is basically a radiator using a continuous stream of water a total loss system.( the water is recycled for dairy cleaning, sometimes through a heat exchanger to recover the heat to preheat the hot water for plant cleaning.

this only reduces the temperature from arround 36 degrees (cow temp) to about 18-20 degrees (ie only able to within a couple of degrees of the cooling water)
    The temperature of the remaining milk is further cooled to 4 degrees with a refrigeration unit and cooling pad in the milk silo.

One of the alternatives is to use an ice bank, with is basically a bank of ice around a simple coil (much like worm in a still or a beer keg after cooler or an ice filled intercooler) although the ice bank constantly creates more ice with it refrigeration unit

With this approach the milk is instantly cooled from 36 ish to less than 10 degrees. At a flow rate of about 1.5 liters/second(The specific heat of fusion for ice (ie how much energy per kilogram is required to melt it is 334 kJ/Kg)

From both your and Jan's posts i have seen how dramatically the temperature of the inlet charge effects the engines power.
    you said previously this would require a radiator as large as the engines. It still could be worth it though couldn't it?
    An additional system to cool only the crankcase and transfers with much cooler water would it seems potentially dramatically raise the output.

Of course it adds weight and complication and fails the KISS test. So like i said it would be another of my crackpot ideas..
    That said camping car fridge cooling pads are light and you don't even need to use ice as some special waxes and gases have amazing cooling capacities.........
    sodium has be used to move and dissipate head..Manx Norton. Or the Coworth Ford that had the onboard CO2 fire extinguisher spraying on the intercooler

80 watt Peltier.........

oh Frits before i forget On your FOS engine with the ctv how are you going to lubricate the counterbalancer bearings?

Is it a myth that Avgas runs cooler?????????????????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike

Name:	Dyno 27+ hp for Tamers 002.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	245.7 KB 
ID:	275392

Fitted the B cylinder and its all sorted for Taumarunui.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50

B cylinder with the modified head and new piston? Do you have a dyno run for this cylinder with the old combustion chamber shape?
    Your B cylinders torque curve would put a lot of 4 strokes to shame

Bike
    1970 Vespa ss90

Erm this is far better as far as power delivery goes than the previous cylinder.

If you started looking at optimising this set up (as far as pipe design goes), you will finally have a winner.
    Time to bin the RS pipe I say, back to Basics on the head too

Forget about the few extra ponies, this is the right direction, 2013 could be the year that ESE a real championship contender.

Bike
    Rg50 Fxr's150
    Blog Entries

Nice work Rob

Thread Information