Page 686 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 18658663667668468568668768869673678611861686 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,290 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Yip.

(placeholder when I find where I put it)

Also:
    http://www.gearingcommander.com/
    Thanks brent but i think there may have also been a populated excell spread sheet one.
    I will have saved it (somewhere) oh that was easy
    Was this from you?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by husaberg; 8th January 2013 at 23:29. Reason: arn't search functons wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by rgvbaz View Post
    You can also work out by dividing the end rpm by the start rpm to give you the range of the powerband:
    13500/8500 = 1.588
    11500/6500 = 1.769
    as you can see the lower rpm powerband has a greater range.
    That's the way to do it: concentrate on the power range. For road racing with a close-ratio sixspeed gearbox you'll need a power range of 1.4.
    Anything more is convenient for the rider, but not really useful if he is good at his job. Anything less will lose you valuable time at some tight points of the track, which you won't be able to make up for at the straights.

Bike
    go-kart
    Goedendag, Frits, mijn naam is Andrew en ik zijn al tuning motoren kart.U Ik heb een zeer interessnaya Research uitlaat. Als u geïnteresseerd bent, ik kan laten zien plny tekst, maar het in het Russi

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei_Kazban View Post
    Goedendag, Frits, mijn naam is Andrew en ik zijn al tuning motoren kart.U Ik heb een zeer interessnaya Research uitlaat. Als u geïnteresseerd bent, ik kan laten zien plny tekst, maar het in het Russi
    добрый день Andrei. Yes, I am interested in your 'research exhaust' and I suppose so will be a lot of Kiwi forum members. So maybe it's better to communicate in English instead of Dutch or Russian .

Bike
    go-kart
    These investigations are not mine, but one famous FSR.On produced a surprising number of glass tubes and used the high-speed camera to take pictures. Although the technology was practiced on a small motor it runs on all cubage.

Bike
    go-kart
    http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f5/thread241866.html rar-file.wondering if I can help with translation

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei_Kazban View Post
    http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f5/thread241866.html rar-file.wondering if I can help with translation
    I had a quick look on that paper, and would love to be able to read it. Seems to be a lot of really interesting stuff there for me. Correct scale of engines for me too

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TeeZee Graph.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	245.7 KB 
ID:	275947
    Quote Originally Posted by rgvbaz View Post
    For our am6 racer at kart tracks here in the UK we have a effective powerband range of 13500/9000 = 1.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    That's the way to do it: concentrate on the power range. For road racing with a close-ratio sixspeed gearbox you'll need a power range of 1.4.
    Taking the the widest practical of TeeZee's graph ..... 13,000/9,000 = 1.4, for a 5 speed, so a little short, more work required. No doubt TeeZee will get it sorted.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post
    Taking the the widest practical of TeeZee's graph ..... 13,000/9,000 = 1.4, for a 5 speed, so a little short, more work required. No doubt TeeZee will get it sorted.
    Thats interesting as it is the widest 2T graph I have seen posted on here and I would have thought that a 4k power spread would have been enough and I was only being gready trying for more.

Anyway it shows that I have been on the right track, looking to make greater effective width and there is more width needed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Taumarunui Bikes 048.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	239.2 KB 
ID:	275955 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Taumarunui Bikes 046.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	239.1 KB 
ID:	275956

For plumping up the bottom end a bit, FarmerKens ATAC valve looks like a good idea. Instead of the normal Honda ATAC butterfly he has made a slotted drum like the Suzuki RG400/500's have, I will be trying to copy it.

In fact FarmerKens bike had a lot of good ideas I will be trying to copy.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I've got several other gears hidden in the left handlebar lever.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Thats interesting as it is the widest 2T graph I have seen posted on here and I would have thought that a 4k power spread would have been enough and I was only being gready trying for more.

Anyway it shows that I have been on the right track, looking to make greater effective width and there is more width needed.

I like this way of looking at the power spread.

How dose that graph look with my FXR overlaid Rob. Coz that looks rather good. Put that engine in a sorted chassis and watch out.

I think they are the same a 8500 then yours just takes off nice.

Mine works out at 1.47 with a not so good 6 speed. Would love a close ratio for my bike. Must look into that more.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Thats true, Avalons bike that Chambers prepaired for her with Thomas and Bucketracers help annihilated everything when she took it out, its just a pity she is to busy riding in other classes to have been able to bring her F4 Bike to the recent Bucket meetings.
    Quote Originally Posted by SS90 View Post
    As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong) the bike that Avalon was riding was 24HP, with a different pipe and suitable blowdown time.
    Its pretty much the same in all the important ways as TeeZees current engine. The big difference is Av is a top notch rider and she and her bike weigh much less than any other F4 rider bike combo that I know of, other than possibly Nate D.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketracer View Post
    Its pretty much the same in all the important ways as TeeZees current engine. The big difference is Av is a top notch rider and she and her bike weigh much less than any other F4 rider bike combo that I know of, other than possibly Nate D.
    or possibly Rogan from welly..

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    or possibly Rogan from welly..
    Rogan's bike is currently a bit heavier (250 frame, albeit a very small one).
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Several
    I've had a play with my ignition.
    I need a better measuring stick and a rev counter to get a proper measurement but the timing light seems OK until at least really high revs, the rate of change that I see by the strobe seems smooth and consistent.

Has anyone purchased a timing dial guage? recommendations? I was considering making a fixture for a dial guage that I can borrow and using that.
    I'm gutted to find that the local tool shop have just stopped running a special (huge discount) on some precision measuring equipment.

From my rough measurement it looks like the advance curve spans around 29.5 degrees. That seems like a lot?

I'll post some more once I make it presentable.

Oh also, once I get a better idea of the ignition curve nature I'm going to have a go at simulating an engine based around that. It may be an option for a interim build plan as My engine is very mild at the moment.
    Heinz Varieties

Thread Information