Page 6 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 4567816561065061006 ... LastLast

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Not sure if you could get a fogging unit small enough to run on a bucket though!
    The bigger the better I reckon

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Thanks speedpro for the background. Good thing is that the energy needed for the extra cooling can be stored in battery's before a race.
    Now this gives me an idea, there is nothing in the rules that say, a bucket must actually be powered during the race by a class legal motor. Your in so long as the power comes from a class legal motor. I could use my TF100 to wind up a dirty great rubber band the night before and then have the fastest slingshot from the flag to the first corner.

Think of the possibilities, compressed air, rubber bands, battery power, there must be other possibilities for using a class legal motor to store its energy the night before and release it more effectively during the actual race.

Now if a race is say 10 minutes long and you run your class legal 125 motor for 20 minutes storing its energy in whatever the night before. Are you effectively running a 250 during the race?

Am I being to simple? or could this work?

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    If it was a hill climb in a straight line I'm sure you would win
    hand down

anyone up for drag racing

I pulled my mickymouse car apart and am now fitting the spring system to the bike lets see how it goes

what a wind up
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    I just lost count
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    anyone up for drag racing
    Sure, as long as I can use my Triumph.

It seriously scares me the thought of this bike going any quicker

For the record Qkkid was in my bed, not the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketracer View Post
    Think of the possibilities, compressed air, rubber bands, battery power, there must be other possibilities for using a class legal motor to store its energy the night before and release it more effectively during the actual race.

Bugger the class legal motor, thinking of the possibilities of, compressed air, rubber bands, battery power, and energy release the night before.

Oooooo the possibilities of energy release , I do like to wear nappys Spank me nurse and other role plays like and and leather.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets

Off Topic, bucketracer your last comment realy belongs in some other forum!

Bike
    Reliable cooling is the issue with the GP125. After much thought and input from Carl I think we will try ducting around the head and cylinder, small scoop at the front and a suck through fan at the back.

From researching the Internet, an air cooled head temperature is typically 250 degrees c and a water cooled head about 80 degrees c.

Increasing the velocity and scrubbing action of the air is required to reduce and stabilize the head temperature.

A small dual speed electric fan from a car radiator should do the job and can be automatically turned on by thermal sensors attached to the head.

Alternatively a grunter fan could be driven by a small chainsaw/minibike motor that's coupled to the bikes throttle and this could drive a larger fan.

Unusual, but there is nothing in the rules that say you can't have a second internal combustion motor for running the cooling system. Please tell me if I am wrong.

The rules restrict 125 2 strokes to Air Cooling so using the latent heat of evaporation of water sprayed onto the head for cooling would be very easy but to controversal.

Bike
    350LC
    maybe a chainsaw motor running the fan might be pushing the rules, that would make it a 2 cylinder powerplant displacing 125 plus maybe 30 cc for the chainsaw motor, plus you would probably go over the 24mm carb equivelent rule. However if you used a model aeroplane motor say 5cc (guessing) and a really tiny carb , fitted with a aeroplane prop you could easy go under the capacity limit which is around 130cc allowing for overbores, they make a pretty mighty airstream. Just have it going flat out for the whole race.

Bike
    Model areo engine, yep that might work. But I don't think they can count my chainsaw motor as powering the bike, its like using an electric motor for the fan except its a petrol motor.

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    The extra power gain from running cooler won't overcome the defect from the extra weight you'll have to carry. Stick to the air duct, or turn it into a 100 and water cool it.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy_Racer View Post
    The extra power gain from running cooler won't overcome the defect from the extra weight you'll have to carry.
    A water cooled 100, means 3l of water = 3kg, radiator, shroud, water pump and battery another 3-5kg. Total extra weight of water cooling 6 to 8kg.

After a lot of work I have finally got this 125 thing working. I don't want to spend several more seasons in the wilderness developing a 100 if I can avoid it.

I know its good to have a lighter bike but how will the extra weight on the 125 be a defect? It weighs around 90kg at the moment.

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    You don't NEED a water pump, or battery, nor fan and I'd think less than 3 litres of water should do. My AX100 is 80kgs with a splash of fuel ready to race for comparison.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Thermosyphon works a treat, been there, done that.

Waterjacket, couple of hoses, and a radiator. KISS.

Bike
    Thanks, I'v been thinking too complicated.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Thermosyphon was good enough for a Morris Minor 850, it'll be good enough for your bucket, if it was a 100.

Thread Information