Page 708 of 2636 FirstFirst ... 20860865869870670770870971071875880812081708 ... LastLast
Results 10,606 to 10,620 of 39527

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    if the fxr150 was my pet projected l think l could get some real good power out of it but getting a bored of it now ,got heaps of things l want to build now

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Change of plan. Develop the current bike to make more power and get it to handle better. Exhaust ignition and intake are all untested really. Then ride it like I stole it.

I will be building another engine in the next couple of mouths. refreshing old faithful to the spec I have now. Maybe look at the gearbox then. Not much time to play at the moment.
    nah your motor is fast enough as it is thank you i was only being facetious.
    Can you ball park the figures though.... assuming the buyer is not Kev's bro...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    That's next week.........
    Still waiting !!
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Still waiting !!
    so am i..................

ok here is a blurred out image for you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    So realisticly what is the cost of casting a cylinder

the sand guy is NZ$1 per cc, the cad guy will want a grand or 2 , the foundry will probably drop the cores , back to sand guy, machining the casting $500 ?, plating the hole 500? pv blades? porosity could be an issue, Ill bet we all just keep sleeving cylinders in spite of the problems stuffed RGV cylinder $40, sleeve $100, some glue 20.00,

Imaging the hating if you turned up with a $3k barrell
    Should i put you down for 4 or 6 then?
    I believe a more economic way is to buy borrow make modify construct a mold a tool a flask a core and a model then cast up as many or as few as you want?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuuuuff.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	277758  
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    50cc dragster
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    I can see now why you want to run EFI, your work with the ""chemicals"" is very interesting. I have thought about trying a bit of nitro in the Beast one day on the dyno just for fun. Gigglebutton runs NOS in his 50 on occasions and gets a real boost.

The idea for the Beast, is that Nitro carries slightly more fuel than oxygen and that if an engine was running properly on petrol one could then just dribble some nitro in front of the carb and let it get sucked in or we could run the nitro through a power jet.

Any nitro that's sucked in will only make the existing mixture richer and as long as the compression and ignition are suitable it should run OK, should be fun to try on the dyno sometime.
    I have thought about that too, sounds good in theory but has never heard of anybody actually trying it. I hope you try it sometime, would be fun to know if it works.

When I think about it I have heard of one guy who tried it but he also had an extra servo controlled throttle body that opened at the same time as the injector started spraying metanol/nitro but it was running lean and only resulted in a epic seizure after a couple of meters. Pure nitro with no extra air would hopefully be a better way to go.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    nah your motor is fast enough as it is thank you i was only being facetious.
    Can you ball park the figures though.... assuming the buyer is not Kev's bro...........
    I reckon for a plain bearing bottom end and close ratio 3.5K. Top end if you sent it off to get done 3k maybe 3.5. So lots. You could spend 10k buy the time it was running nice. Dry sub conversion and all that. If you did all the porting and engine work maybe half that.

Bike
    1991 NSR300
    so am i..................

Too blurry for me to see anything , any more sneek pics ?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Too blurry for me to see anything , any more sneek pics ?
    yip..............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blurr 2.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	277780  
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post
    I am sure its off a power restricted Italian old school domestic commuter bike so perfectly legal.
    So who are we today?

That is incredible. There is the RS125 commuter bike that has been around for aeons & of course their GP RS equivalent. I've seen in neither but that is pretty insane porting for a road bike.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    I'm not sure of the rules any more, in my day alcohol was allowed ( in the bike ) and two cylinder water cooled 100 was also allowed ?? Can you still run a water cooled twostroke twin??

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    I'm not sure of the rules any more, in my day alcohol was allowed ( in the bike ) and two cylinder water cooled 100 was also allowed ?? Can you still run a water cooled twostroke twin??
    Yep, not on alcohol though.

100cc (plus something or other for an overbore) = Wassercooled OK and unlimited carb size

125cc (Again with some overbore added) = Aircooled and limited to 24mm carb or equivalent.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    So, no problem with twins then. Thanks.

Bike
    Several
    I finally measured my port timing, I had calculated that the transfers would be at 124° and once measured I found them to be... 124°!
    Quite happy about that.

The stink part, in the current build, is that I went (maybe) too far on raising the exhaust so I'm at 195 rather than an expected 192.

My plan was to raise the barrel a fraction more to end up at around 132/198.

I'm not too sure if I should raise it further or not now, widening transfers is another option but easy to cock up; especially given my experience/tools.

This is all not as important as addressing the other issues holding the engine back, I've hacked out the aux inlet ports further (rough cut for testing, refinement to come) and machined a head to hopefully be better than the almost std head I've been running.
    All I did with the old one was lap it on a piece of glass until I had .8mm Sqush and around 7.5cc. That took ages!

Oh, plus there is the gannet gunned pipe to try and maybe a secret something...
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    So, no problem with twins then. Thanks.
    Yeah, 125 or 100cc twins really have some good potential...
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    I finally measured my port timing, I had calculated that the transfers would be at 124° and once measured I found them to be... 124°!
    Quite happy about that.

The stink part, in the current build, is that I went (maybe) too far on raising the exhaust so I'm at 195 rather than an expected 192.

My plan was to raise the barrel a fraction more to end up at around 132/198.

I'm not too sure if I should raise it further or not now, widening transfers is another option but easy to cock up; especially given my experience/tools.

This is all not as important as addressing the other issues holding the engine back, I've hacked out the aux inlet ports further (rough cut for testing, refinement to come) and machined a head to hopefully be better than the almost std head I've been running.
    All I did with the old one was lap it on a piece of glass until I had .8mm Sqush and around 7.5cc. That took ages!

Oh, plus there is the gannet gunned pipe to try and maybe a secret something...
    .8 is very conservative, I would have thought something around the .4-.5mm would be closer. If you ever need machine work done on the MB, let me know, i have jigs for machining the heads and barrels, and even one for milling the rear aux ports/reed cage in (takes about an hour to mill and god knows how long to grind!)

Thread Information