Page 719 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 21961966970971771871972072172976981912191719 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RZ350, RD350LC, RG250
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Hi Cookie,
    there are 3 new dynos around the place, heres mine
    Mine and the GPR ones use Dynomite software and Im pretty happy with it
    you could have that dyno going in about 1 hour

Attachment 278736Attachment 278737
    I'm glad to hear that, since I bought my kit from Performance trends too. I'm sure I could get it going in no time, but I'm going to modify it some to make it trailerable and lower.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Talk on oils earlier, I use Motul micro T, synthetic model engine oil. But I don't fully trust it so I blend 1/4 castor with it. 350 does 4.5 Km per liter of fuel, E90 and suspect some transfers out the exhaust. I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do but the engine has done nearly 50 hours on this piston and bore ( cast iron ), all seems in good order inside. Not tooo much carbon build up. Air cooled ( and fuel ).

Bike
    TZ400
    Yep, here is the Rumi "upside down " reed engine with dead straight inlet ie done right, unlike Mr Ws half arsed attempt.
    Then there is the Rumi rear valve - not alot done wrong there, but I dont know the detail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rumi FCR.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	278752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rumi 1.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	278753  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Aprilia GP 125 & 250, 91 & 92 models
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Yep, here is the Rumi "upside down " reed engine with dead straight inlet ie done right, unlike Mr Ws half arsed attempt.
    Then there is the Rumi rear valve - not alot done wrong there, but I dont know the detail.
    Who knows the RUMI details ?
    Frits your turn

Bike
    TZ400
    Here is another shot I found on EMOT

Name:	normal_rumi2.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	643.5 KB 
ID:	278764   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	normal_rumi.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	649.2 KB 
ID:	278765  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    This was the engine i was meaning it seems by the simple expedient of turning an existing kart upside down a "new Engine" was thus created.
    If you look at the oil Breather/Filler housing and surround on the Kart engine (right pics in compliation), and compare then it to the Maxtra Haojue engine Drain plug, you will see what i mean.

The Rumi engines have there own thread on pitlane.

Name:	follow the filler drain plug.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	317.0 KB 
ID:	278776  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    This was the engine i was meaning it seems by the simple expedient of turning an existing kart upside down a "new Engine" was thus created if you look at the oil filler casting on the Kart engine and compare it to the Maxtra Haojue engine you will see what i mean.

The Rumi engines have there own thread on pitlane.
    I can't work that one out, the image induces vertigo!
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS eng View Post
    this topic has been on here before,but just to put my 2 cents in i run R30 in my air cooled vintage MX 125 bikes on Av and pump with 5% acetone,and it is fine,AV gas is the safe way to go.Dave i can sell you R30 for $66.00 for 3 bottles 1LT or $122.00 for a box of 6.

chris RMS engineering 09 817 9500
    Yeah Thanks Chris, I'll see where this all goes.

Had a funny meet, spent a couple of practice sessions running in trying not to get into any races with people. Then first race fouled a plug when I lined up for the start. New plug, did a race & scared the 4 strokes pushing past & gapping them. That felt good. Another race, rechecked plug, well its pretty dark, I had gone a couple of mains up to be safe with 15:1 oil & unleaded, that's cool, just want to finish day.

Out for next race 2 laps in it conks out on full throttle. Plug wet as wet, but a new plug doesn't fix it. Oh well. Back home head off, wet with oil, bore looks ok, no spark. Time for T.

Tonight, hmm, getting spark. Head back on & use my new ring seal leak tester. Hmm, pressure drops to zero, doesn't seem to be working & says 80% leak but shows no pressure & can't hear any escape.

There I am having poured scorn on compression testers & I have to dig my old one out. 170psi, well it seems a little low, but well high enough to run & I don't trust them anyway.

Lots of bangs when push starting, but I've run out of plugs, time to buy some new, but I'm fingering the CDI or stator. Must be that Castor oil wrecks ignitions.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    N/A
    Here's some more photos of the Rumi GP

http://2stroker.createforumhosting.c...=0&&view=print

Here's a relevant quote too from Jan Thiel: (auto translation from Dutch)

Rumi The engine was not a success but there were still some nice things, and also
    some big drawbacks. The gearbox was designed by an artist who also
    has signed a number of F1 engines. This tank had no seeger rings and washers and you
    could him after removal of the cover without tools apart. There were also 3
    different primary ratios, you could cover the primary disassembly without the ignition
    rotor disassembly. The crankcase halves and the lids were sealed with O-rings. The engine is the cylinder downwards designed for 2 reasons. Rumi wanted an engine that was different from all others (no good reason) I myself had to Garelli once did a test with a kilo of lead in the tip of the keel of the fairing. Gresini found that the motor thus better sent, so I thought the cylinder down like a good idea. The carburetor was thus rightly at the place where normally the radiator sits. I thought this to fix the radiator in a different place to put behind us, under the tank. Something like the British did. The frame was made ​​by Nico Bakker, with even a monoarm swingarm for more space for the exhaust. The frame is also made ​​but were not collected nor paid. Rumi had a frame in Italy, with the radiator in the traditional place. Thus came the carburetor between 2 radiator little to worry about as a result poor cooling, hot air inlet and no place for a good airbox. Also, it was very difficult to place the outlet to find the thick part came up right where the footrest Sat We solved through a hole in the frame to make the exhaust was then in an s-curve before the rear wheel backwards along with the muffler under the seat. This went well but was very difficult to make. On the test bench to ensure no power cost. There were also problems with the mechanical Niese water pump 3.5 HP cost. A elektriese pump made ​​the ignition after a while too little power and the engine was badly began to walk. Rumi began increasingly to technology to interfere where I think he totally did not know, was also the organization of the team unimaginably bad. then also pay my salary a growing backlog was I decided only to disband, after eighteen months work.
    Last but not least, another set of photos through the Rumi pits:
    http://www.2t-special.it/forum/viewt...=3333&start=10

Finally, an upside down pavesi :P
    http://www.motoripavesi.it/img/motore_moto_6_big.jpg

ps. I have mentioned it before, but it is possible to search any pic through google images. it usually leads to more relevant photos and info.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW View Post
    Who knows the RUMI details ? Frits your turn
    Sure. Much has already been said in Jan's Google-translated story above. But I'm not sure I would have understood one word of that Googletalk if I hadn't been there myself at the time and could reconstruct ill-translated Dutch words and expressions.
    But I've got a problem: I can neither see nor post PNG-pictures on Kiwibiker. I run Windows 7 with Internet Exporer 8. On a friend's computer with Windows 7 and Google Chrome I can at least see the PNGs. Suggestions anyone?

Bike
    N/A
    There you go Frits!

http://www.winhelponline.com/article...-Explorer.html

Win Vista > same kernel as Win7, Vista~=7.
    Why not also try the IE 9, which is a much better and faster browser than IE8?

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamik2t View Post
    There you go Frits!
    http://www.winhelponline.com/article...-Explorer.html
    Why not also try the IE 9, which is a much better and faster browser than IE8?
    Thanks dinamik, but I get this: "Cannot import C:\Users\FOS\Desktop\pngasso_vista.reg: Not all data was successfully written to the registry."
    The problem with PNGs refusing to show only occurs when I'm visiting Kiwibiker; all other programs function OK.

Why not IE9? Because Microsoft won't let me install it, saying I should first substitute my beta-version of Windows7 with the final version.
    You don't happen to know a way around that, do you?

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia

Smile not an advert !!

Hi I am selling this for a freind who has moved to New Zealand,
    This is a 1989 KR1 with a tuned KR1S engine with dyno sheet showing 61hp,
    The frame has a professionally modified Honda RS subframe to suit the RS seat unit and fairing mount to fit the RS fairing,
    A RGV swing arm has been fitted and modified to fit the KR1 dog bones,
    With a 17" RGV rear wheel,
    Pro light discs,
    New race clip ons,
    Rear sets,
    EBC race shock, plus the STD one,
    ZXR 400 USD forks with maxton mods, front wheel & mudguard,
    New earls front brake lines,
    Pair of Dunlop KR364's just scrubbed in,
    Plus boxes of spares include
    Another runner engine with RS pistons which is seized,
    Two good cranks,
    Gearboxes,
    Clutches,
    Electrical,
    Wheel,
    Brakes,
    Spockets,
    New twin cable twistgrip,
    Speedo with less than 500 miles,
    Loads more!
    V5 present

my mate has just had this off ebay... not sure if the real selling reason is true, but if the fella looks in on this site i can say its going to good home

Name:	kr1s.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	278783  

Bike
    N/A

Sorry, Frits, I don't know what is going wrong... Perhaps if you try right-click > run as admin ?

...if you turn your pm's on for a little, I can provide you with an MSDN win7pro code.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamik2t View Post
    if you turn your pm's on for a little, I can provide you with an MSDN win7pro code.
    It's on, just for you.

Thread Information