Page 722 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 22262267271272072172272372473277282212221722 ... LastLast
Results 10,816 to 10,830 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Good to put a couple of faces to names ...
    It was great to meet up, after all this time talking on the net.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    I see No Mates dnf'd AGAIN ...
    This time, haven taken the lead Nigal dnf'd by crashing out trying to lower his lap record of 29.436 (anti clockwise) that he set in race 1.

His bike sounded sweet all day but it wasn't as easy a win in race 1 or all that easy to take the lead in race 2 as I would have thought, Gavin and his FXR150 sure look hard to beat at Mt Wellington.

In the first pre lim race Nigal crashed trying to out ride Av, Nigal re mounted to finish and he won the second prelim, Av DNF'd the second with mechanical problems.

Av, having got a shocker of a start in race 2 because of a oiled plug (the engine started sucking gear box oil big time), when she got going Av turned in a faster lap than anyone else and cut through the traffic to finish 2nd close behind Gavin, maybe if there had been another lap or three she could have pulled it off.

From where I was sitting it looked like Av and Nigal became less about winning than competing with each other to see who could set the fastest lap time.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I was just remembering Jase was supposed to be in NZ by now? Pity you couldn't have been down this way for the NI round 4 at Kaitoke.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TZ400
    No Mates DNF'd again due to being No Mates,the engine ran fine with no issues, when he finally believed the gauge and went down 5 jet sizes.
    Busting the lap record with no oil in the front forks, and fighting wheelspin around the sweeper every lap due to shit rear suspension, deserves maybe a little respect.
    Not mindless shit slinging for the sake of it.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Nigel certainly looked fast (and all over the place) He must be pleased to get through a weekend without a seizure

Bike
    none
    Busting the lap record with no oil in the front forks, and fighting wheelspin around the sweeper every lap due to shit rear suspension, deserves maybe a little respect.
    I would agree the engine deserves maybe a little respect. And maybe the rider could not afford a decent rear shock. But no oil in the front forks.....

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post

Lozza, finally got time to finish the drum for the YZ 250 EFI project. Had the CNC shell the component to 2mm thick.

A slightly different setup I liked the look of is to have the inner alloy part fixed with the port lined up with the outer and a thin steel sleeve that rotates between them with a matching port. Kept the throttle inertia down and made a 4 throttle body setup easier to make and lighter.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Oh I think he's well capable of slinging the shit back, in fact he rang a couple of hours back, I said I'd pass on the link as by his own admission he was too useless to find it.

The question is; is he going to show up to the GP this year? He mumbled something about packing a lunch. If Tokaroa has an Early bird meal deal at the local Cobb we could be in trouble.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    No Mates DNF'd again due to being No Mates,the engine ran fine with no issues, when he finally believed the gauge and went down 5 jet sizes.
    His EGT was way down initially suggesting going gown a few jets. The forks were what got me. He screwed the dampers fully in and it only made a tiny difference, if any. Bouncing the front end bottomed the forks easily. No wonder the back was lifting off braking for the corner at the end of the straight, and the back wasn't much better. The guy Nigel referred to as "coach" seemed to have a pretty good handle on it.

Bike
    1996 Buell S1
    He was riding bloody well and for someone over 50 to put in laps like he did it should be an inspiration for us more mature riders.
    Take note he is looking forward to the next GP

Bike
    simson
    Hi Everybody!

Thanks TeeZee, I can't wait for the results! :-)

Thanks Wobbly for the detailed explanation! I have been trying to find the 'truth' for a long time, but now I have had a chance to do some dyno tests on the exhaust nozzle, and it works! I haven't got results for simple exhaust port, but I plan to do some tests, although you say that it won't work, I'd like to see it for myself.

From now I really don't care the causes, cos it works, and that's all! Of course I have two possible explanations, but I think it's pointless to explain.

Otherwise have you tested an area smaller than 75%?

By the way what is your opinion? The blowdown could be too huge, or we have to try to make it the biggest possible anyway and anyhow?

And one last question to Wobbly: what is your opinion about the transfer theory? (the direction of the scavenging, vertical, horizontal angles etc.) Frist has already wrote a great article about it.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Av, having got a shocker of a start in race 2 because of a oiled plug (the engine started sucking gear box oil big time), when she got going Av turned in a faster lap than anyone else and cut through the traffic to finish 2nd close behind Gavin, maybe if there had been another lap or three she could have pulled it off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av Start.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	291.7 KB 
ID:	279052

Av nearly couldn't get it away and was a 1/2 lap down but she got going and managed to finish in second place.

Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    From where I was sitting it looked like Av and Nigal became less about winning than competing with each other to see who could set the fastest lap time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av Corner.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	452.7 KB 
ID:	279051 Av 21 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nigal Corner.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	421.3 KB 
ID:	279050 Nigal

Because of the difficulty starting, winning wasn't possible so the rivalry between Nigal and Av became all about best lap times.

Photos from http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130506334

Bike
    TZ400
    Now we have the tools to accurately predict the correct blowdown needed for a desired power output, then of course we get people wanting to go "to big " , as always, more must be better.
    When the blowdown is too big for the engines tune, then all that happens is the mid power drops dramatically.
    Best example is the RZ350/Banshee big bore kit sold on Ebay for bugger all by Athena.
    This is in effect an RZ350 copy , with no powervalve, and extra eye ports added.
    It has NO midrange at all, compared to a stock Banshee, and although the added blowdown may help the bigger displacement, the other ports are stock, so it is useless.

Re the 75% nozzle "rule ".
    This works in most cases very well, but of course it is based as I said before on the effective total Exhaust area.
    Basing the nozzle on the Ex ,that is in effect irrelevant, is dumb - but is all we have at this time.
    If the Ex area is large, then 75% of large is too big.
    If the Ex area is small - compared to the strict calculated numbers for STA, then the 75% may in fact be too small.
    This hasnt happened to me yet, as most people havnt started to fill in the bottom corner radi, or raise the port floor, to reduce the duct volume and or reduce short circuiting, thus making a very small port.
    But the few engines that I have done - like Rossi 125 hydro outboards, work very well with a small port, HUGE aux , and 75% nozzle.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    rgv100 bucket

on the old bastards defence

Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    I would agree the engine deserves maybe a little respect. And maybe the rider could not afford a decent rear shock. But no oil in the front forks.....
    there was some oil in there, just not enough

Bike
    Blog Entries
    ahh, its only there to stop the squeaking

Thread Information