Page 797 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 29769774778779579679779879980784789712971797 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,955 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Its the side holes close to the piston bosses I'd be most concerned about
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Its the side holes close to the piston bosses I'd be most concerned about
    Me too, its truly a fingers crossed situation, hopefull any problems will show up on the dyno before we get out onto the track.

Bike
    1985 yamaha rz250

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    grabbed what i thought was a Piatti AMC engine cylinder.It turns out it was not what i thought it was.

It has a very British Hepolite piston +60 thou it has massive transfer cut always so very un-villiers.

It also has unusual transfer bulges outside of cylinder so again un-Villiers but no transfer slots and a flat top piston.
    It may be the mark 2 version mentioned in the Villiers article i posted? Also judging by the bore it must be a 250.
    it is unbelievably heavy compared to the 8e/9e.

Most unusually it has a heart shaped inlet port. poor quality pics sorry as now, i can't find my camera.
    Can anyone make a call on what it is?

I guess you may have to be over 60 to answer the question sorry
    Looks like a "Vale Onslowe" Cvlinder that was made for the villers bottom ends in the mid 60's. they were a London bike shop that were into karting back then. A few turned up in CHCH in the 60's and were a good thing at the time....

Graham Selwood

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by gravmax88 View Post
    Looks like a "Vale Onslowe" Cvlinder that was made for the villers bottom ends in the mid 60's. they were a London bike shop that were into karting back then. A few turned up in CHCH in the 60's and were a good thing at the time....

Graham Selwood
    Thanks Graham i had heard of the name in the Villiers book i will have a google.........

In the Greeves pic the fining sure looks the same
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vale Onslow barrel.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	284060  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Me too, its truly a fingers crossed situation, hopefull any problems will show up on the dyno before we get out onto the track.
    Better make sure you are not dependent on hope, luck, faith etc, TeeZee. And you could shorten your throttle cable. Those twists will spoil the rider's feel.
    I think the slot in the piston in combination with the middle injector is a good idea. I'm not so sure about the other mods...

Bike
    RGV
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Using a PC based oscilloscope with an ignition analysis app,I saw the burn duration at x4 using twinfire and a Crane coil, over a standard single cdi and RS125 coil.
    Can you post the before and after waveform?

Bike
    1996 Buell S1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Looking at that piston you should let Kel have first ride .
    I will sit that out too

Bike
    TZ400
    I dont know if the oscilloscope has a screen "stop" and capture facility.
    When I run the TZ400 system on the bench I will see if it can be done - or maybe I could use Gadwin to capture one cycle, not sure!
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Better make sure you are not dependent on hope, luck, faith etc, TeeZee....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	God Bless Texas.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	284083

We have the one true wooden God, what can go wrong?
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Better make sure you are not dependent on hope, I think the slot in the piston in combination with the middle injector is a good idea. I'm not so sure about the other mods...
    I am not sure about the mechanical integrity of the other mods either, but without expensive and time consuming modeling techniques there is not much more to be done than best guess and hope .

In the scheme of things this little step into the dark is really not that big a deal, if it all goes tits up, the sun will still rise tomorrow, so we can live a little on the edge and see what happens

Whatever the outcome we will be able to build on knowledge gained.

Bike

Name:	Setting the squish 003.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	284092Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Setting the squish 006.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	238.9 KB 
ID:	284093Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Setting the squish 009.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	284094

With squishy things like base gaskets and a composite head gasket its a bit of a trick to get the cylinder stack height right for the required amount of squish.

Also piston rock makes it a challenge to measure the squish properly. I use looped pieces of soft solder at the sides of the piston but maybe all four quadrants would be better. Anyway like all measurements its up to you to work out better ways of making them.

but without expensive modeling techniques there is not much more to be done than best guess and hope

Do what everybody else in the world does and find yourself some illegitimate software.
    Solidworks or Creo and Ansys FEA.

May I suggest a torrent from thepiratebay.

As long as you aren't selling the products you are pretty damn unlikely to be chased down by a hoard of lawyers.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Moooools View Post
    Do what everybody else in the world does and find yourself some illegitimate software. Solidworks or Creo and Ansys FEA.
    I hadn't thought of a pirated copy of Solid Works.

Name:	hqdefault.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	284097

I can see it shows the stress areas but certain failure or not? quite probably if you know how to use it, I guess, certainly good for optimizing things anyway.

In a couple of days the dyno will pass judgement for sure, and give the modification a clear pass or fail. But I can see now that if I had been at all familiar with using this sort of software I could have had a much better idea of the likely outcome, next time.

https://d2t1xqejof9utc.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1333781293

Here is a Masters Thesis on dynamic load analysis, interesting.

I hadn't thought of a pirated copy of Solid Works.

Name:	hqdefault.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	284097

I can see it shows the stress areas but certain failure or not? quite probably if you know how to use it, I guess, certainly good for optimizing things anyway.

In a couple of days the dyno will pass judgement for sure, and give the modification a clear pass or fail. But I can see now that if I had been at all familiar with using this sort of software I could have had a much better idea of the likely outcome, next time.

https://d2t1xqejof9utc.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1333781293

Here is a Masters Thesis on dynamic load analysis, interesting.
    I forgot solidworks has a built in FEA engine.

It will be able to tell you stress at each point (and also stiffness but probably less important for this application) and then use matweb or similar to try and predict how many cycles it will last. I would suggest doing a little reading of fatigue of non ferrous metals. Finite fatigue life and all that jazz.

No need to do dynamic analysis. A static structural analysis will tell you most of what you need to know. Just calculate forces on the piston from F=ma, Pressure on the crown from the combustion chamber and friction in the bore and apply them to the piston with the piston pin fixed in space. Getting the contraints accurate is most of the battle.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I used to crack Suzuki pistons at every bucket meeting right through where those side holes are. I replaced them every 2nd meeting. It may be better without the piston port in the back wall.

Thread Information