Page 798 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 29869874878879679779879980080884889812981798 ... LastLast
Results 11,956 to 11,970 of 39424

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Here is a Masters Thesis on dynamic load analysis, interesting.
    Very comprehensive, will have a read.

Respect for using I-deas to model the rod, I found it a bitch for anything mesh related.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Quote Originally Posted by gravmax88 View Post
    Looks like a "Vale Onslowe" Cvlinder that was made for the villers bottom ends in the mid 60's. they were a London bike shop that were into karting back then. A few turned up in CHCH in the 60's and were a good thing at the time....

Graham Selwood
    Hello Graham aka Mr Crankshaft

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by 2T Institute View Post
    http://crankshaftrebuildingservices.com.au/
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

burtpulizzi Guest
    The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wifi jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by burtpulizzi View Post
    The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wifi jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tin-foil-hat.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	284111

Its OK, you are amongst friends, we hear you brother ....
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    No Glory Tonight.

Name:	EFI Piston 001.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	246.4 KB 
ID:	284118

I wanted to use the original carb setup and establish a base line for the Triple Ex port cylinder before swapping to EFI.

Name:	New 3ex 001.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	241.9 KB 
ID:	284119

I was expecting to have to dial the Triple Ex in but it was a real dog to get going and after fiddling for a while changing jets, the Blue line is the best I could get.

The Triple Ex has the same timings, same carb, same ignition and the same pipe as the 1ex (Red Line) but more blow down. Not sure whats happening here .... I will have to think about it.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Could be reduced amplitude of the exhaust pulse leading edge affecting scavenging etc. Depending on how those three ports are laid out. Surely you have run it through the sim? Interesting little double peak as well pointing to a mismatch.

Bike
    RGV
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    I dont know if the oscilloscope has a screen "stop" and capture facility.
    When I run the TZ400 system on the bench I will see if it can be done - or maybe I could use Gadwin to capture one cycle, not sure!
    Look forward to it if you can.

Just what is so iffy about the RS125's combustion that it responds to the twinfire...

... and what do you need to look for in a 'normal' CDI equipped motor that tells you it would/could benefit from twinfire?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Surely you have run it through the sim? Interesting little double peak as well pointing to a mismatch.
    This cylinder has worked well before, my suspicions are:-

(1) that in changing the heads clearance volume when I went from a flat top piston to domed I have got the head shape wrong. New head required.

(2) In retreating from the extreme exhaust timing I had before of 78.5 ATDC I lowered the cylinder 1mm and now the timing may not be the 80 ATDC that I think it is. Will have to re measure and sim it.

(3) The piston when its at TDC may be exposing the lower edge of the exhaust port now, as it was pretty marginal before.

This may not be a bad thing as it gives me the motivation to fit a block in the lower part of the exhaust port floor that is higher than the piston crown at BDC.

There may be no good reason for the exhaust port floor to be level with the piston at BDC other than fashion. And it being higher than the piston crown at BDC may reduce short circuiting (Fritz talked about this), maybe this is my chance to find out.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I was thinking 3 &/or aux ex bleeding due to different piston.

That being said I'd be happy to get that power atm.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1985 yamaha rz250
    Quote Originally Posted by 2T Institute View Post
    Gidday Lozza.......I guess those of us with 20:1 flowing in our veins are destined to end up here.....

Have spent 3 days and only at page 500 or so........ phew......

I can still shiver at the thought of the sound a 250cc Yamaha DT2 engine makes in a kart at the end of the main straight at Manfield when using it for the first time with a Wiseco piston fitted!!!!
    When you back off and the pilot jet is still too small.........you don't need any electronic det sensors to feel the death rattle then......

Graham

Bike
    1996 Buell S1

Not a bucket but rode like one

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I was thinking 3 &/or aux ex bleeding due to different piston
    Yes could be aux/ex bleed, I will check that too, thanks for the tip.

Name:	Copper Head 002.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	284150Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copper Head 004.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	233.7 KB 
ID:	284151

Dug out the old head with the 1mm thick copper sprayed coating. It has a familiar combustion chamber shape that has worked OK on other cylinders.

If this cures the power problem, then I will get the combustion chamber nickle or chrome sprayed about 0.0025" and polish it to stop the discoloration of the copper that changed the shiny surface of the copper combustion chamber from a reflector to a heat absorber.

Bike
    I have never much felt inclined to have a hero but if I did it might be Smokey Yunick, because I like his thinking.

http://www.circletrack.com/ultimater...k/viewall.html

Bike

Name:	Copper Head Test 001.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	233.5 KB 
ID:	284165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copper Head Test 005.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	234.4 KB 
ID:	284166 modified 1980 Suzuki GP125

Well that did not go so well, spat the head gasket and a bit of a nip up on the right hand side of the exhaust port.

Name:	Copper Head Test 009.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	284164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copper Head Test 007.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	236.5 KB 
ID:	284167

The good news is, the nip up did not jam the ring and the piston did not brake, and it has had a bit of a thrashing and seen 13K a few times.

I was keen to use a head gasket as I liked the way it thermally isolated the head from the barrel and allowed the head to run cooler.

This is the second time I have tried it and both times ended in failure, also the compressibility of the head gasket is ok for an open combustion chamber but made it hard to get the cylinder stack height right for the correct squish clearance.

Maybe time to give it up and go back to the all copper/fin type head gaskets.

Thread Information