Page 850 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 35075080084084884985085185286090095013501850 ... LastLast
Results 12,736 to 12,750 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Great Excitement.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theBeast_logo.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	288277

Name:	its_alive.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	288286

And now........

Name:	Frankenstein1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	518.1 KB 
ID:	288287

With its EFI heart beating feebly it lives, although its still on life support.

Name:	EFI Second Try 009.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	288275

Loaded the new file Matt from Ecotrons sent me to fix the Gauge display screen problem and followed a few suggestions Speedpro gave me and got the thing started and running, well more or less running anyway.

Too rich down low and lean up top, so lean it would spit back. Now I have to figure out which map is the problem and how to control when the EFI CPU switches between Load and Alpha N maps and then I can start tweeking the maps themselves.

There are other things I need to know too, like does the injection event start from the rising or falling edge of the wave form from the trigger and how do you tell the CPU how far BTDC the trigger event is and how to tell it where to end the injection event, I am just not sure how to control these yet.

Anyway its great that the thing finally works and the new computer with its serial port did the trick without crashing.

So its all looking good.....

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Page 850 link list ....

Quote Originally Posted by SwePatrick View Post
    A while ago someone posted(think it was Husaberg) a link to a Swedish site with a simple program which calculates a sample of 'FOS' pipe for free. I´ve been in contact with the developer and he asked me what i would like to upgrade the program with. I said, Angels it would be nice and if it did the drawings of the different pieces so it would be easy to cut out the different parts.

link again: http://underdogsracing.com/fospipe/
    Quote Originally Posted by Muciek View Post
    What do you think guys about this http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/ECtheory.html looks interesting to me.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Pretty sure with Ecotrons on a 2-stroke they only use the TPS and not the MAP sensor to determine fuel at any point, + revs of course.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by 2T Institute View Post
    Jan Thiel was due to work for Cagiva when that inline was around, despite being highly compromised Jan said that when they tested it at Mugello it was a rocket. I think Jan said Garelli came up with a offer or something, what might have been eh.
    I accompanied Jan on his final visit to Cagiva; by then the inline engine had already been superseded by a square four.
    The Thiel-Cagiva cooperation never happened because Angel Nieto persuaded Jan to come to Garelli instead. It resulted in six consecutive world titles for Garelli.

Bike
    simson
    Quote Originally Posted by Muciek View Post
    You are not allowed there to weld the crankcases and cylinder base to get bigger transfer ports?
    Yes, of course it is allowed, so if we have the chance we weld to get bigger and more appropriate B transfer passages, as it is clear that unfortunately in the original Simson cylinder there is no place for the B passage.

Wob!

We have already talked about that if we have 3 ports the best solution is to positioning the aux ports with some degrees lower than the main ports are. It was justified by Jan Thiel, especially at overrev, although I can see a lot of race cyilinders especially scooter cylinders where this is not applied. I really do not understand why this solution isn't applied by every manufacturer?

Do you have such experience with T port? As I can remember you have made T port which had higher lateral edges than the middle part of it, but it didn't work. Have you tried it with lower edges? Almost never have seen such T port even all the biggest brands apply completly flat Top Edge.

I have tried both variations but I haven't done dyno tests yet.

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    I accompanied Jan on his final visit to Cagiva; by then the inline engine had already been superseded by a square four.
    The Thiel-Cagiva cooperation never happened because Angel Nieto persuaded Jan to come to Garelli instead. It resulted in six consecutive world titles for Garelli.
    For once my memory seems vaguely reliable , got a big box of pistons handy TZ ?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well end of an era for me. Seems the dyno I've had access to is finally on the bunk. Don't suppose anyone has a DynoJet100 interface PC card taking up space anywhere?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    It was suggested I post a pic of it, I'm clearly overly optimistic, but desperate enough. Worse thing is, it isn't mine, but I was last to use it & then next time it didn't pick up a reading from the drum. The sensor pulses when pickup passes through, there's correct seeming voltages to the board from the PC & the other inputs (ign, button etc) seem to work. Traced the sensor track back to the 37 pin connector on the PC card so its not just broken wire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DJ100 card.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	663.1 KB 
ID:	288301  

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack

Arrow

Just as an option Dave it might be easier to go and buy a kit from performance trends datamite to retro fit to the dynojet drum. That is unless you can buy replacement dynojet parts?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    No chance of ol DJ parts I suspect. Too hard to find on ebay as all searches fouled with bike related stuff. I can't invest in the dyno as it's not mine and I have no control over it. If I can fix it cheaply I will. But even then I'm short on funds and time with 2 high demand kids.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    No chance of ol DJ parts I suspect. Too hard to find on ebay as all searches fouled with bike related stuff. I can't invest in the dyno as it's not mine and I have no control over it. If I can fix it cheaply I will. But even then I'm short on funds and time with 2 high demand kids.
    But, didn't you say that you broke it?

Crosses Dave off the list of people to lend stuff to. Hehehe.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    It broke in between using it a couple of weeks apart. But I don't feel good about it. I kinda want to fix it before I have to tell the owner.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    It broke in between using it a couple of weeks apart. But I don't feel good about it. I kinda want to fix it before I have to tell the owner.
    I'm just funning with ya man. Not trying to be quite as big a cunt as I usually am.

Ask Scratcha about me using his Surf some time.

Bike
    GPR150
    i know garry from tauranga with the dyno had all the software to his old dynojet 100 -150 but know idea if he still has it .. the other thing is dyno jet did replace software for free is it failed . you just had to send the old stuff back..dont now if they still do

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    It was suggested I post a pic of it, I'm clearly overly optimistic, but desperate enough. Worse thing is, it isn't mine, but I was last to use it & then next time it didn't pick up a reading from the drum. The sensor pulses when pickup passes through, there's correct seeming voltages to the board from the PC & the other inputs (ign, button etc) seem to work. Traced the sensor track back to the 37 pin connector on the PC card so its not just broken wire.
    Knowing you have likely checked it but try pulling out the board and starting up the pc then shut down and re install. Endless battles with cards from the arc keeping 70s hardware going. Some of the old cards oxidize on the pins and can drop out signals.
    As Scotty suggested maybe dynojet might replace (unlikely) or performance trends (nice upgrade)..

Thread Information