Page 919 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 419819869909917918919920921929969101914191919 ... LastLast
Results 13,771 to 13,785 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    The Fritz pipe is very short...
    Mr Wayne Wright, if you keep calling me Fritz instead of Frits, I shall feel obliged to come up with some funny name for you too. Problem is, you've already done that yourself .

By the way, you are Wright about the fat power band and the good overrev.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    The Fritz pipe is very short and is designed to use port resonance with the 192* duration, that is why it generates the big fat rounded power curve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    you are Wright about the fat power band and the good overrev.
    I understood that, and was absolutely what I was aiming for but my porting skill let me down.

Experience with this cylinder has improved my technique, next one should be better.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Getting the center distance is no problem as the idle gear position can be adjusted and shaft alignment is not that much of a problem either as a bit of gear noise wont be a problem, things don't have to be perfect.
    Thanks Robert, I see now how it is possible to adjust the tooth clearance, (sorry, I said gearbox housing when I meant crankcase) - it's still quite an engineering feat which takes some courage to try! good luck with the endeavours.

Unfortunately I won't be able to go to the racing at Tokoroa this year but may have a look at the racing closer to home.

I'm looking forward to getting more familiar with the sort of technical stuff I've been missing out on for years, I hope that I can catch up, but I feel that I may have left it about 10 years too late. - eg, I'd never even seen a dyno in operation till I checked out the clips on this forum.
    Also I'm impressed with the cooperation on technical matters between you guys, although I'm sure that you all have some closely guarded secrets too!

Will.

Bike
    TZ400
    So very sorry Frits, I always try so hard not to get it wrong as I know its an issue.
    By the way I do have another name version - my youngest son uses it - wAnus - and I probably have the same reaction to that, as you do to yours.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Aprilia GP 125 & 250, 91 & 92 models
    Wobbly, I haven't heard anything, ? How did things go at the Island in Feb

Bike
    TZ400
    The Frepin with Trevor onboard was easily the fastest in practice, doing 237Km into turn 1 and into the 40s straight off.
    But I had found an issue with the Nova special gearset when I assembled it, the two sliding gears on the input shaft were way too loose.
    Anyway it jumped out of 4th and 5th several times, but was better when I shut off the speedshifter.
    In race morning warmup it lost 4th over Lukey, and then luckily on the slowest part of the track going down into Honda, it selected two gears due to a bent fork , locked the rear and high sided
    the old guy on his head, gave him concussion and he wasnt allowed to race.
    And yes the cluster has now gone back to England.
    Hopefully that will be fixed at about the same time as Trevors neck.
    Luckily as well the FIM has now changed the rules re getting insurance for over 70 year olds, and Trevor can go back again for another shot.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Shit so Trevor is ok now ? Not good at all, if you guys get back to the Island I will try to get down and say hello

Bike
    none
    So very sorry Frits, I always try so hard not to get it wrong as I know its an issue.
    Pull the other one, Wob, it's not an issue at all. I don't mind if somebody misspells my name on purpose; I just want to prevent people from thinking that it really should be spelled the german way, wit a z.

Bike
    TZ400
    Yea well the 3rd Reich wasnt that enamoured with two strokes so we should keep your name well away from that connection.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Pull the other one, Wob, it's not an issue at all. I don't mind if somebody misspells my name on purpose; I just want to prevent people from thinking that it really should be spelled the german way, wit a z.
    I also made the same mistake with a guy whose surname Guerts and I spelt it Geurtz on a message, - needless to say I never did that again!

Bike
    TZ400
    Old Trevor at 70 is of course taking a long time to recover from what would be a simple bruise to a younger man.
    But he is running into trouble with the medical system as the crash has reinjured an old damaged vertebrae he got in practice for
    the 350GP he won in Malaysia around 30 years ago.
    Because they say ACC wont pay to "fix" it, they wont do anything - wankers.
    Hasnt improved "Grumpys " demeanour any as his sponsored Arai is a mess as well.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, if you're over 30 they seem to think you should put a bag over your head and lie down waiting for the inevitable.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Wobbly & Frits,
    Some time back of which I'm unable to find so far Frits presented a 102 pipe dyno graph showing the differences between Titanium, Stainless steel & Mild steel,
    Wobbly you referred to the mild steel pipe would need to be 8% shorter to match the presented power curves ( some 64mm ) if this is based upon overall length, this seems a major reduction in length, I'm thinking I've recalled this incorrectly, would you both Frits & Wobbly educate us all on this please

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW View Post
    Wobbly & Frits,
    Some time back of which I'm unable to find so far Frits presented a 102 pipe dyno graph showing the differences between Titanium, Stainless steel & Mild steel,
    Wobbly you referred to the mild steel pipe would need to be 8% shorter to match the presented power curves ( some 64mm ) if this is based upon overall length, this seems a major reduction in length, I'm thinking I've recalled this incorrectly, would you both Frits & Wobbly educate us all on this please
    You can find that graph here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130670008. But it was from a 50 cc engine; nothing to do with a 102-pipe.
    In that graph the stainless and Ti pipes produced maximum power at about 13150 rpm and the mild steel pipe at about 12750 rpm; 3% less.
    In this particular case the acceleration time on the dyno was quite short. A longer acceleration time would have promoted heat build-up in the pipes; especially in the mild steel pipe that suffers most from heat loss to the outside world, so the required length difference would probably be less than 3%.

Bike
    Thank you Frits

Thread Information