Page 1216 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 2167161116116612061214121512161217121812261266131617162216 ... LastLast
Results 18,226 to 18,240 of 39428

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Benelli 250 2C
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Well, i've met both you and Rob. Defiantly works for either of you...Didn't you tell me you had enough Benelli barrels to keep you happy playing for years ?
    tried doing a triple exhaust in one yet ?

Yes - i have enough to get me into trouble for quite some time.

The trouble is that when ever I think i know what I want to do some sod goes and posts more information on this thread and i have to change what i thought I was going to do !!!

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Report from northern hemisphere.

Attachment 313088Attachment 313089

Thanks Ken that made me laugh.

Hey where did the other text go? Must have changed it in between reading it & my post.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    variety
    anybody welded on a iron sleeved cylinder ? got some of those reproduction yamaha cylinders i was going to add some aux exh ports but im thinking the casting will pull away from the sleeve. maybe its best to cut out the sleeve with a lathe or something and install a new one afterwards ?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    anybody welded on a iron sleeved cylinder ? got some of those reproduction yamaha cylinders i was going to add some aux exh ports but im thinking the casting will pull away from the sleeve. maybe its best to cut out the sleeve with a lathe or something and install a new one afterwards ?
    Yamaha (along with most other production bikes) sleeves are corrugated and bonded with a coating then cast in place (to achieve a good surface area and avoid slipping).
    A pressed in sleeve will not achieve the same thermal properties.
    Neither are as good as plating on a complete alloy cylinder. ie no iron sleeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    variety
    these are reproductions. not near the qaulity of yamaha oem but theyre a fraction of the price. $300 for 2 new sets of cylinders ( 2 lefts and 2 rights). ill be plating the sleeve once all the work is done. thinking the casting will pull away from the sleeve because a while back when i tried that brazing rod i noticed some pull back in a few areas. maybe they will react different with welding as there isnt a constant 700F temp as with the brazing rod

Bike
    Exercycle
    these are reproductions. not near the qaulity of yamaha oem but theyre a fraction of the price. $300 for 2 new sets of cylinders ( 2 lefts and 2 rights). ill be plating the sleeve once all the work is done. thinking the casting will pull away from the sleeve because a while back when i tried that brazing rod i noticed some pull back in a few areas. maybe they will react different with welding as there isnt a constant 700F temp as with the brazing rod
    The older aircooled yam iron liners were plain parallel shrink fit. Certainly up to the RD350. If the repro barrels are that cheap, i'd put money on them being the same as it's the cheapest way. Pre heat - plenty of preheat, with the liner clamped in so it doesn't move. Good luck...

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by twotempi View Post
    Yes - i have enough to get me into trouble for quite some time.

The trouble is that when ever I think i know what I want to do some sod goes and posts more information on this thread and i have to change what i thought I was going to do !!!
    So now you're hamstrung, waiting to see how much of the Ryger you can use ?.....

My excuse is much simpler, i have 2 kawa rotary valve motors here plus 2 RG400 barrels - and i can't be arsed walking through snow to the workshop. plus too much customer stuff here as well.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The older aircooled yam iron liners were plain parallel shrink fit. Certainly up to the RD350. If the repro barrels are that cheap, i'd put money on them being the same as it's the cheapest way. Pre heat - plenty of preheat, with the liner clamped in so it doesn't move. Good luck...
    Well I am confused because I think that is where I first seen them, Pretty sure the Hondas are the same?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8130338.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	313100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5120204.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	313101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	671b616b-934a-482e-9a30-f29356a8dc3f.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	313102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5130206.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	313103
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yes by a, sort of mate who thought he could weld. OK maybe I'm still bitter from 20yrs ago about a virgin barrel being fecked. First iteration where we didn't get near the liner was ok. But the water jacket leaked into the exhaust. After that it went downhill & was separating liner to ally. Just slightly, but if you can see it- its a mile.

Bike
    Benelli 250 2C
    Blog Entries
    frits your a great help but i dont understand your 8.1% corner radius. i only know radiuses in mm.

tz350 what is a damn ? is it just a term for filling in the exh floor like me and wobbly are doing ?
    A reminder that the European convention for decimals is that a decimal place is a comma , not a full stop.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Well I am confused because I think that is where I first seen them, Pretty sure the Hondas are the same?
    don't know at what point or which model they changed. i do remember you could resleeve the 400 barrels out bigger - couple of Brit outfits would do it.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by twotempi View Post
    A reminder that the European convention for decimals is that a decimal place is a comma , not a full stop.
    You don't need to remind me, Twotempi. My original drawing had commas; I adapted it just for you guys. And may I remind you that the use of decimal commas is not a european, but a world-wide convention? But some people keep hanging on to the foot-pound-fortnight system and I was foolish enough to oblige.

Bike
    none
    Name:  Ryger cop out.JPG
Views: 440
Size:  3.5 KBName:  Here a FOS, there a FOS.JPG
Views: 430
Size:  2.8 KB Click image for larger version. 

Name:	like.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	313113

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Really? `cause we arent too enamoured with the French (and their state sanctioned terrorist activities) here but I do like the SI system and Michelin tyres. I didn't know about the coma thing being that widespread.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Really? `cause we arent too enamoured with the French (and their state sanctioned terrorist activities) here but I do like the SI system and Michelin tyres. I didn't know about the coma thing being that widespread.
    Dave you are being unfair, they also gave us passable wines, taught us how to do amazing things with fried potatoes and a reason to protect our scrotums in Rugby.
    On the plus side of the ledger they did produce this cheeky little number.
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information