Page 1253 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 2537531153120312431251125212531254125512631303135317532253 ... LastLast
Results 18,781 to 18,795 of 39428

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    The international homologation for the 125 cc Ryger kart engine was accepted yesterday. The Federation Internationale de l'Automobile typically needs six weeks to put their paperwork online,
    but I will try to make the complete document available later this week.
    I am looking forward to this, because I will abandon the RGV air cooled project if its possible for me to build a water cooled 110cc NSR/GP/Ryger engine.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Interesting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    As the title says........Oddball Engines and Prototypes.

Bike
    TZ400
    TeeZee,Yamaha was up against it for years by sticking with a 50.6 stroke by 56 bore.
    Short strokers ( conventional ) are inherently STA limited and your plan of going 56 by 44 will be seriously compromised
    even if you rev it to 20,000 trying to make up for the crap port geometry.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    TeeZee,Yamaha was up against it for years by sticking with a 50.6 stroke by 56 bore.
    Short strokers ( conventional ) are inherently STA limited and your plan of going 56 by 44 will be seriously compromised
    even if you rev it to 20,000 trying to make up for the crap port geometry.
    I don't think its just the STA.
    I think the shorter cylinder allows less room for decent shaped transfers on a short stroke esp a twin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TZ400
    The only downside I can see to the new engine being CIK homologated is that now it will HAVE to be copied by all the
    Italian factories or they will all go out of business .
    But if its tied up in any worthwhile patent document, then no one CAN copy it, so karting at the highest level is doomed to a one make
    class - good for the patent holder, crap for the sport and everyone else.
    Its bad enough now that to stay ahead in the game you are forced to dump perfectly good engines every year and purchase the "better " newly
    modified homologated item.
    Now ALL engines will be completely outclassed with only 47Hp from a 30mm carbed 125 cylinder,as the Ryger has 70 odd.
    Sure, long term and in the wider scope of racing 2Ts the new technology will be a benefit, but as it stands the patent process will completely wreak
    karting as we know it.
    As you can bet the house on it that a manufacturing licence will cost both arms and legs to purchase.
    Same logic applies to the reason we dont have a billion low consumption/emission 2T scooters running around with effective fuel injection, the systems that work are patented.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    zuma50
    Honest answer Wobbly, if it was your invention. .. wouldn't you be doing same thing?

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Question for Ken (strike pistons).

Does the Strike PS001 have enough meat around the pin to enable it to be re machined to a 15 or 16mm pin??

With all the MOMs rule changes it now means I can shelve the YZ100 pistons that I current use in favour of a higher quality Kart piston...
    Bert, the PS001 pistons we make, from 52 upwards, are designed to suit a Ř14 pin, to open it out to even Ř15 would significantly reduce the strength in that area. One quick option is to use a cage with 2.5 rollers to suit the 15 rod. Could you let us know the basic dimensions of the YZ100 piston, compression height, skirt length and crown shape, as there are many other options out there.

Ryger. Got to agree with Wobbly, could be all sorts of industrial disruptions coming forth. Mind you, the doccos posted are just applications, not necessarily rubber stamped by the CIK. Whether the French care about all the Italian manufacturers is another matter. Can't see why all the secrecy though, as obviously they must have at least a provisional patent in place, you wouldn't do a CIK application unless this was the case. If the design does live up to all the claims, then there are untold applications: single geared kart engines, motocross, jet skis, road bikes, automotive, snowmobiles, 50 hp buckets, new dynos, stronger clutch and gearbox part sales, conversions of existing engines, both 2 and 4 stroke etc.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    well i got the cylinder back from the machine shop and all things considered i think it turned out well. theres now plenty of room for modification of the A ports and the aux exh window can likely be much bigger than i originally thought. the downside is it had to be over bored slightly to get it straight again but thats not a huge deal as i can have a over size piston in a few days. next time ill watch the heat alittle closer but for my first attempt at something like this i think it was a sucess. almost forgot to mention but the exh floor is 5mm higher than bdc now
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	983893_4947884340938_665116775_n.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	314345Click image for larger version. 

Name:	482577_10200392141425278_768992270_n.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	314346
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APF%202010%20ports.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	314347   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	741613_Aprilia%2520RS125GP%252008a.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	314348  
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    variety
    wobbly you think ill be fine with 3mm wide bridges between the aux and main exh port or would 3.5 to 4mm be more suitable ? i was thinking to make a oil collection reservoir below the bridges near the bottom of the cylinder wall, similar to the vm cylinder. may even put some small oil holes through the piston in a vertical arrangement that align with the exh bridges. today i gathered about 60 or 70% of the info needed for engine mod. over size piston is ordered then i can finish when it arrives

husaberg i plan to make the exh exit as much like the rsa photo as i possibly can. it wont be exact as that would require fabricating a new manifold from scratch

Bike
    TZ400
    NO - Absolutely not.
    My choice would be to approach the CIK with a proposal to introduce a completely new class for the engine - and then let it survive and blossom
    into all forms of karting ,if it does prove as revelatory as we have been told.

The CIK tried to ditch 2Ts ages ago and introduce some shitter 4T idea,that would drone around like Moto3 does now.
    CIKs modus operandi was to reduce emissions etc ,forcing the sport into the expensive 4T death trap set up and promulgated by HRC et al.
    But the Italian factories ( and karters in general ) all revolted, and the 2T status quo remained in place.

Now by all reports we have exactly what they wanted, low emissions - with high fuel efficiency, and if the thing is actually mechanically safe
    at 30,000,then rev limiting it to 20,000 will make it last indefinitely ( unlike the tyres that last one meeting now with only 47Hp ).

To at one stroke ( not 2 or 4 ) destroy a huge,stable, racing infrastructure by out engineering everyone with a patent protected newcomer in an existing
    class ,is in my opinion, patently ( pun intended ) short sighted in the extreme.

But it may all be moot - unless the French really are as arrogant, and pig ignorant, to the dozen Italian manufactures plight in this scenario, as they are/were of
    Greenpeace,then the chances of a successful KZ2 homologation hearing are nil.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    wobbly you think ill be fine with 3mm wide bridges between the aux and main exh port or would 3.5 to 4mm be more suitable ? i was thinking to make a oil collection reservoir below the bridges near the bottom of the cylinder wall, similar to the vm cylinder. may even put some small oil holes through the piston in a vertical arrangement that align with the exh bridges. today i gathered about 60 or 70% of the info needed for engine mod. over size piston is ordered then i can finish when it arrives

husaberg i plan to make the exh exit as much like the rsa photo as i possibly can. it wont be exact as that would require fabricating a new manifold from scratch

I included the pics as it looks like you have flattened out the port a bit much, which will make your transition difficult
    Making A manifold (IMO) would be easier than modifying your existing one you just need some thick wall pipe and a some flat steel.
    You can do the aux cut in's in the manifold with a grinding tool set at about 30 degrees.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p_080810000_1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	314352
    The only thing that will actually need a lathe or mill would be the oring groove.
    I have a very snazzy one beautifully made out of one piece of steel done on a CNC. Yet it would work no better than one fabricated.

Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    11 transfers? are some perhaps unders and some overs, two rows, high pressure and low pressure? Or just lots of little ones?
    I muse that a few are under a higher than bdc ex port
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    2015 Avanti
    Peewee, that looks really awsome. IT is great when you do a new project and it mostly works the 1st time. I have been lucky like that myself.Great pics. Not to appear to be too dumb, but does it have any form of variable exhaust timing or is it just a fixed exhaust setup.
    Neil L

Bike
    none
    And now for something completely different: the KTM Jet-ski: http://www.advpulse.com/adv-videos/w...bbie-maddison/

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    And now for something completely different: the KTM Jet-ski http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDi9uFcD7XI
    Frits, I guessed you noticed that Robbie (an Ozzie as it turns out ) did this on a 2T, same has he did when he did his 2013 Las Vegas building jump. Probably didn’t want to use the Ryger engine though, as he might have overshot the building.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Frits, I guessed you noticed that Robbie (an Ozzie as it turns out) did this on a 2T, same as he did when he did his 2013 Las Vegas building jump. Probably didn’t want to use the Ryger engine though, as he might have overshot the building.
    Rumours are that NASA are planning to take their Space Shuttles out of mothballs and replace the rocket engines with Ryger products, so they won't have to buy airmiles space flight time from the Russians any longer.

Thread Information