Page 1340 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 3408401240129013301338133913401341134213501390144018402340 ... LastLast
Results 20,086 to 20,100 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    does Playstation count?
    Clock ass?
    You've hit clock bottom?
    Favorite six position?

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Page 1340 ....

Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Let me start by explaining once more why the ring peg should be at the 6 0'clock position at all.
    Each time the piston ring passes over the exhaust port, it bulges outward slightly, after which it is shoved back into its groove.
    If the part of the ring to the left of the exhaust port does not have the same length as the part to the right of the port, this shoving will invoke an inclination of the ring to rotate in its groove; one end of the ring will constantly hammer against the ring peg. This may cause a burr on the ring end and/or it may work the peg loose.
    The only way to prevent this is to put the peg diametrically opposite the exhaust port.

The C-port can be as wide as 40% of the bore, provided the peg is at the 6 o'clock position, so there is not more than 20% overhang of unsupported ring.
    If the peg is off-center, even if the C-port width is not more than 40% of the bore, the ring overhang may become >20% on one side and we should be careful.

The ring will be thankful if you remove the sharp top and bottom edges on all ports. At the exhaust ports you can also apply a radius. But a radius at the transfer port edges has the negative effect that it will facilitate the inflow from spent combustion gases into the transfer ducts, so here we should restrict ourselves to a really small bevel.
    Large diameter rings are more prone to problems because their radial depth is usually smaller in relation to their diameter, compared to small diameter rings.
    Quote Originally Posted by seattle smitty View Post
    (Insert long sigh here) I hate, I hate to ask this, because I know I've seen the answer somewhere, questions about how to narrow down a KB search.
    A thread with info about how to successfully find what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    I was thinking this would be a good resource for everyone.

Lets everyone from around the country post up the lap record for there home track and who holds it. Other classes have them we should to.
    Bucket Lap Records

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I've been trying to collate a full list of NZ GP winners for a little while now.
    It would be real cool if we can get a complete list together; so if you can add (or confirm winners, locations, conditions and even bikes) I'll amend the list.
    GP Winners

With everyone talking up a storm speculating and guessing about the Ryger.

I thought we should celebrate the real work being done by others.

Useful links to interesting threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy_Racer View Post
    After reading some of the content in the ESE thread, I've become really inspired to take a closer look at hydroforming chambers.
    Designing and manufacturing of exhaust pipes

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    The foundry or metal casting stuff thats been going on the the ESE thread really inspired me to get on with having a go at this stuff. If you can cast metal theres really not much you cant do. I dont think its going to be easy, most of it has been a bit of 2 steps forward 1 step back so far.
    The Bucket Foundry.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    Me and Bert will keep you up to date here with our projects
    here is my bike i'v started . pic's of the swing arm build coming Attachment 264532gpr 100 twin/tf100
    Team GPR

Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    After 17 years. #6 is dead. Long live #6.
    Speedpros interesting 125 twin turbo build and 30hp MB100.

Quote Originally Posted by cotswold View Post
    There seems to be a resurgence in the 50cc ranks so I thought I would post up how I am going about mine (and Johns ).
    The 50 ... Cotswold's very successful F5 build.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    So I picked up an old Kawasaki KE125 for $55, its an old dual purpose machine supposedly developing 13.5 Hp at 7500 rpm, figured it could be a reasonable platform for a bucket mainly because of the rotary disk valve inlet.
    KE125 ... Kel's magic F4 race bike build.

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Well I've paid my monies so I'm committed (or should be). The plan is to resurrect my old 100 project that started 13 years ago.

A breif & depressing history;
    At the time it was seriously ambitious & advanced for a bucket. The first RS transplant that I'm aware of (to be corrected I'm sure). People were starting to use RS forks & SW, so why not just run the whole thing? Procured a bike from T&E
    F5 Daves's build.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy_Racer View Post
    Okay, so I was going to keep this quiet incase it turned into an epic fail, but i figured some of the jokers out there may find some interest into this.

I decided a while back that I quite like the idea of forced induction, I built a 250cc turbo bike as a bit of a laugh and it's great fun however not really suitable power for anything at all and as you could imagine trying to turbo a bike half the size wouldn't really work that well.

So the next option is supercharging.
    Sketchy's supercharged project.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    Between far to many other interests/passions, I'm a photographer and was part time freelancing for some years.

Chris C's great collection of action photos.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    A few of us have these systems now. I thought it might be useful to have a thread to swap information.
    Ecotrons Engine Management.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Moto4 Racing View Post
    Bucket of the Month - September 2015- Glens H100.
    Bucket of the Month - May 2015 - Junkyard Dog

'Junkyard Dog' is the apt name that this classic mut has been adorned with.
    A true 'bucket build' this is a bike created from the best parts that have come to hand.
    Bucket of the Month - March 2015 - Peter's FXR

Peter managed to pick up a basic FXR with a few goodie bits.

It was somewhat tatty when he got hold of it but he's fixed that in short order.
    Bucket of the Month - February 2015 - Ken's Mudbug.

Ken's Mudbug has seen a long and sometimes painful development path.
    It started in an RG250 frame, once he out-ran this he rehoused it in an NSR MC18 Frame.
    Good thing he's an engineer and all-round whizz-kid on the tools as he adapted VFR front forks and an R6 Rear shock to run in the frame that came without such essential components.
    December's Bucket of the month is Nick's 'Kawasuki'.

It's a Kawasaki ZXR250 rolling frame with a Suzuki FXR150 engine to power it.

Nick purchased the bike as a complete bucket but it has evolved steadily over the time he has been racing.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbw View Post
    Six of the clock = 6 o'clock
    That will do fine, thanks. So from now on we'll want a 6 o'clock ring peg .

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    thnx for the tips frits. i didnt think about having water go through the underside of the dam but it would be easy enough to do. water flows around the exh port now so all i would have to do is make two holes through the floor so the water can pass in and out from underneath.

that way you'll only have trapped air and no water flowing

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbw View Post
    Six of the clock = 6 o'clock
    Frits,
    Yes those quaint English traditions never die! at least in the ex British countries (and I hope never will) - we often say it that way here too in NZ. - sort of not so clinical and digitized as 6.00, then there's quarter past six (6.15), half past six (6.30) ten to seven (6.50) etc. - guess you get the picture!
    Oh, and we drive on the right side of the road (which is the left) - if you know what I mean!

Bike
    Lambretta

Ryger engine on YouTube ?

Just looked for Ryger engine on YouTube and came up with CITS V-Twin?
    Looks similar to alot of ideas put about on here?

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by tedspeed230 View Post
    Just looked for Ryger engine on YouTube and came up with CITS V-Twin?
    Looks similar to alot of ideas put about on here?
    Yes, I mentioned that one on the oddball engines thread quite a while back, but no one seemed to notice!
    I have always firmly believed that it (Ryger) is a highly developed version of that principle or similar, (forgetting the 'V' arrangement and looking at one piston/cylinder of course) - but which came first? the chicken? or the egg?

Then, as always, I could be entirely wrong!

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    Frits, Yes those quaint English traditions never die! at least in the ex British countries (and I hope never will) - we often say it that way here too in NZ. - sort of not so clinical and digitized as 6.00, then there's quarter past six (6.15), half past six (6.30) ten to seven (6.50) etc. - guess you get the picture!
    Forget about those Brits; It's how we dutch do it. Which is not surprising considering that the whole of New Zealand was named after the dutch province of Zeeland. Example:
    6:15 = kwart over zes
    6:30 = half zeven
    6:50 = tien voor zeven

Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    which came first? the chicken? or the egg?
    I try to stay away from all legal matters but as far as I know Cits got their hand slapped for infringement of an earlier Ryger patent.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Forget about those Brits; It's how we dutch do it. Which is not surprising considering that the whole of New Zealand was named after the dutch province of Zeeland. Example:
    6:15 = kwart over zes
    6:30 = half zeven
    6:50 = tien voor zeven

I try to stay away from all legal matters but as far as I know Cits got their hand slapped for infringement of an earlier Ryger patent.
    Yes, I did feel that something like that could have been the case.

Re: language, there are an awful lot of similarities between Dutch (and maybe German) and English words (not to mention Norse) and I see some definitely recognizable words in your post examples! - pronunciation though might be bit of a battle for us.

New Zealand? - Zeeland? yes, because (I believe) it was named by Van Diemen originally (or was it Abel Tasman)?
    But then you could say it was named by the British as "the land of new zeal"! - which it certainly was for our Dutch immigrants.

Then again, as always I could be totally wrong!

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    The old Double the size trick huh? That'll make it nice and unfair.

Was thinking about the MX application of the Ryger, there could be a market to be tapped right there. Get in bed with TM and KTM and watch watch what happens next. Clearly protests, but they are still legal and if emissions reduce then it is harder to argue against them. Maybe. But you wouldn't want to wait too long.
    Shhhhh........................ they maybe watching, last year a quickly drawn up rule was introduced(by the promoter) into the MX nationals where 250 2T had "to remain standard from inlet manifold to exhaust flange" as a few quick privateers on KTM 250 SX's were getting top five placings regularly against the semi factory 250F's. No problems though driven development off into a different area to where we extending the over rev out like a 250F.

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post

that way you'll only have trapped air and no water flowing

yes i rethought this idea today. i think the best thing to do is, since the dam will become the new exh floor, prior to welding ill cut out the existing floor in the shape of the dam. problem solved

got some junk cylinders so ill do a practice run first but in my head it shouldnt be difficult

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Sorry to intervene here folks, but I thought some of you budding engineers might be interested in hearing what this guy has to say on modern day developments - I believe every word he says - (I think).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__lheqeERb4

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    it may depend on the type of piston used and material of the peg. wiseco told me their pegs are around .003" interference fit if i recall. i think they just use a standard carbon steel.
    With the 6 o'clock ring peg in the middle of the C port on a 250 size cylinder, about how wide can the C port get before the end of the rings cause problems. I know it depends on several things but ballpark about how wide for the C port ? How helpful is it to mod the cylinder just above the top middle of the C port to give the ring ends slightly more time to settle when the piston is travelling upwards? I have never run the end of the rings in the middle of a port before on any size engine and a 250cc cylinder would seem more likely to be a problem than on say a 50 cc cylinder.

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    Frits, can you tell us if Mr Gerrits is involved in the Ryger project?

Bike
    Yo momma
    First time I've seen this 6' Oclock indication for the ring peg position. But it's perfectly logical; I love it and I 'd like to adopt it.
    Now I'm just wondering about the correct spelling: 6 Oclock , 6-Oclock , 6 O'clock , any more variations?
    sux-a-cluck (New Zealand accent)

Thread Information