Page 1468 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 4689681368141814581466146714681469147014781518156819682468 ... LastLast
Results 22,006 to 22,020 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by nasone32 View Post
    Frits did you have the resources to develop the FOS system further? (time is a resource too ) or do you know of someone who had some interesting results?
    You're damn right about time being a resource Nasone. Other projects got in the way. Among the persons occupying themselves with the FOS system at the moment I think Flettner is the one to watch. He has enhanced it (or bastardized it, as he calls it) with variable timing for both the transfer ports and the exhaust ports. It might remedy the typical two-stroke torque dip.

Bike
    none
    As you will know, A Non Disclosure Agreement prohibits me to comment on the Ryger situation.
    All I can say is: thank you for the heart-warming reactions on the previous pages .

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia

ignition spark energy

Frits, ive just re-read a facebook article by Luc Foekema about reducing ignition spark energy( by 50%) at high rpm (11,000 rpm) showing an increase in rpm . He surmised that this showed the exhaust system was not optimised for the tuning of the engine. This i assume would be a good test for the exhaust system?. Would you think that having an exhaust system that was optimised for 15000rpm attached to an engine with was tuned for optimum power at 18000rpm could therefore still be used by being able reduce the power to the ignition system at high rpm bringing the exhaust up to the engine design rpm. i wonder if the ignition could in fact be turned off completely to enable this. perhaps even a sliding exhaust sysyem used..

Bike
    none
    Luc is part of the Ryger organisation, so no comment.

Bike
    75 RD250b, 76 250C , 78 250E
    I was talking about FOS/FST not Ryger. About that ignition power there was also talk here or pitlane (can't remember) , someone got flat battery in TZ250 and on lower voltage there was power gains.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Muciek View Post
    I was talking about FOS/FST not Ryger. About that ignition power there was also talk here or pitlane (can't remember) , someone got flat battery in TZ250 and on lower voltage there was power gains.
    i think that it was a good indicator as to the incorrect exhaust design for the engine, tuned length to long i think was discovered.

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    seems your the only one talking. wobbly, tz350, me and a lot of other folks been working on all kinds of projects. plenty of photos around in case your memory needs refreshed
    I don't mind looking at pics and hearing about projects, but I didnt realize that show and tell was a prerequisite to participation in this thread. I thought discussion of ideas in a nonoffensive manner would suffice. Not everybody has the same background or life situation, I cant race because of health reasons and I very rarely have a moment to work on a 2 stroke currently because my life is currently fully consumed with other work. Doesnt make 2 strokes any less interesting and the day will come when I either have time to devote to it or time will have run out.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by MotleyCrue View Post
    I don't mind looking at pics and hearing about projects, but I didnt realize that show and tell was a prerequisite to participation in this thread......... I very rarely have a moment to work on a 2 stroke currently because my life is currently fully consumed with other work. Doesnt make 2 strokes any less interesting and the day will come when I either have time to devote to it or time will have run out.
    I can understand that, only time, health and financial constraints stop me from doing the things I really want to do, but as you say I shouldn't be put in the bin because I don't produce anything tangible -
    I have been interested in two strokes since the MZ racers came on the scene and have been interested ever since, I am also interested in the associated engineering involved with them and have a lot of years experience in machining.
    Many of us have ideas (some impossible of course) which we would like to share, seeing that time is running out for us.
    Any ideas, which might inspire others should be encouraged in this thread, rather than be rejected.
    We like two strokes and like to take part in (or read) discussions about them as well but it seems that some (at least 3) people would like to see us excluded because we don't contribute something in metal.

For you you anti guys ..... will come the day!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    variety
    your correct. I don't believe the rules state that photos are required to join. but if this place isn't meeting your expectations and theres to much talk, why bother hanging around. surely there must be a hundred or more other 2t sites out there

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    your correct. I don't believe the rules state that photos are required to join. but if this place isn't meeting your expectations and theres to much talk, why bother hanging around. surely there must be a hundred or more other 2t sites out there
    No need to go that far!
    Best if everyone can share views as well as photos.
    Criticism of others' views needs to be kept in check though, if you have got any sound and logical reason to disagree with someone, then state what it is and the other posters can be the judge ...... or perhaps better just to leave it and it will sort itself out.
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead
    but if this place isn't meeting your expectations and theres to much talk, why bother hanging around. surely there must be a hundred or more other 2t sites out there
    Ummm... what you have written there makes little to no sense.

This place has always met my expectations, and then some, but from your earlier comments it is clear that I AM NOT MEETING YOUR EXPECTATIONS.

And as for "too much talk", whoever said there was too much talk, certainly not me, I want to talk, and listen, I just have nothing worthwhile to add in the way of pictures, currently.

Cant get much simpler or clearer than that.

Bike
    TZ400
    The real issue is that those who have perfectly sound and logical reasoning behind a belief or statement that is published on here,find quite quickly that most of
    those who then disagree, simply cant provide a sound and logical reasoning for THEIR position.
    So what do they do - invoke a validation of themselves by promulgating a personal attack.
    There is no real defense against this " flaming " as its called, except to lower oneself to that level, or walk away.
    I tried both a while back, and got no satisfaction from either.
    What do we do then - TeeZees wisdom sorted my shitfight out, but he cannot be responsible for everyone on here can he ?
    Narcissistic as I undoubtedly am,I dont even begin to have an answer in this case.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    The real issue is that those who have perfectly sound and logical reasoning behind a belief or statement that is published on here,find quite quickly that most of those who then disagree, simply cant provide a sound and logical reasoning for THEIR position.

....... except to lower oneself to that level, or walk away.
    I tried both a while back, and got no satisfaction from either.

....... I dont even begin to have an answer in this case.
    Walking away from an argument takes guts and is the lesser of the two evils!

Think I need to start plodding on in my workshop again, it has been silent for some time!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead
    As far as I am concerned:

1) I made a suggestion for discussion a page or two back

2) Wobbly gave me his polite and detailed technical response

3) The OP indicated he didn't really want the discussion to happen in this thread

4) I indicated to the OP why I thought the discussion would be fine but agreed to stand down as it was of course the OP's thread

End of story.

Bike
    variety
    hey wob I did a bunch of welding recently and wondered if you've found a way to keep distortion to a very minimum ? my machine has pulse function but I haven't bothered to try it yet but I wonder if that may help. ive put items in the oven after I was done welding so they didn't cool rapidly but I cant say for sure if this helped or not. also I heard pinging the weld with a small hammer could help but I haven't tried it yet

Thread Information