Page 1706 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 7061206160616561696170417051706170717081716175618062206 ... LastLast
Results 25,576 to 25,590 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Quote Originally Posted by MENTAL490 View Post
    Damn thats a bit more ambitious than my join 2 cr500s and throw it into a gsxr250 frame i had.
    Engine pics:

http://iffitech.com/project/martin-aircraft/

They've gone for Rotron engines now so the V4s should be up for sale at a bargain price! (Yeah, right...)

Bike
    Exercycle
    Husa put these up way back I think.When i was unable to. There was quite a lot of Christchurch involvement in those motors - at least early on anyway. Has anyone in the NZ bike scene ever come across this iffitech lot ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAV V4 pic1.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	329702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAV V4 pic2.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	329703  

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Husa put these up way back I think.When i was unable to. There was quite a lot of Christchurch involvement in those motors - at least early on anyway. Has anyone in the NZ bike scene ever come across this iffitech lot ?
    No but on the link above the cylinders in the background of the link above look to be CP industries liger
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150818_144940small.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	329705
    http://www.cpindinc.com/pub/view_pro...=3101-9779-144
    ie same crowd that does the big bore banshees as well as CR500's

Also the cases apear to have a awesome finish esp the one in the background
    looks to me like diecast.

Name:	IMG_20150910_090417small.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	329715
    I also note the piston ring crase seal

Name:	IMG_20150625_144105small.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	329706

Here is the staff for ifitech
    http://iffitech.com/#staff-module
    They even have one of charlies angels.
    hes the guy that did this, it looks as if its been rebranded.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/5614635
    http://iffitech.com/wp-content/uploa...Lawson-Web.pdf

Maybe rob should call in and visit them for a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exercycle
    The prototype cases werre CNC, but I see at least one part line on those cases so someone spent the money on dies...

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Why would they move away from the V4?
    Because they had vibration issues (breaking sensors) and crank twisting issues. The flying Webb is not a good idea. The cranks had a short life. I was invited down to Martin Aviation to look at fitting a bolt on balance shaft, but nothing happened as Glen left not long after this.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Why would they move away from the V4?
    Because they had vibration issues (breaking sensors) and crank twisting issues. The flying Webb is not a good idea. The cranks had a short life. I was invited down to Martin Aviation to look at fitting a bolt on balance shaft, but nothing happened as Glen left not long after this.
    Short life and not rebuildable either, plus it has split bearings not normally a good idea for anything other than cheap rebuildability
    But as I see the pins have been welded in. Which seems to negate the need for the split bearings.....
    To me it looks as if there is not enough support arround the crankpin. which is likely why they needed to weld it in.
    I am not sure why they needed to try and save so much space with the flying web set up,(other than rocking couple) all they needed to do was configure it like a NSR500.

Actually even fire 90 would work or two up. plus not be that much wider.
    A 2 liter plus v4 2 stroke is going always to tingle a bit.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    TZ400
    The idea floated about lengthening the Ex duct and increasing the cooling in this area is exactly what i will be advocating for the new kart engine design.
    Along with a shape change to include the Aux duct ears right down to the header joint and water having access into the back of the bolt on spigot.
    I leave in a week.

Funny how well constructed bullshit goes a long way with advertising - " Denver is well known in the two stroke industry " no he's not, as he has never actually achieved anything
    apart from the dubious skill of being extremely capable of consuming huge amounts of other peoples money.
    And I have strong suspicions that its way more than just coincidental the Martin inventor left the premises, a very short time after he arrived.
    Better shutup before I am accused of being angry again.
    But talking of consuming other peoples money,where is Luc.

Edit - here is the optimum duct geometry as I have found in EngMod.

Name:	Duct Geometry.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	329718  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post

Funny how well constructed bullshit goes a long way with advertising - " Denver is well known in the two stroke industry " no he's not, as he has never actually achieved anything
    apart from the dubious skill of being extremely capable of consuming huge amounts of other peoples money.
    And I have strong suspicions that its way more than just coincidental the Martin inventor left the premises, a very short time after he arrived.
    Better shutup before I am accused of being angry again.
    Never that surely...

There have been a very few like that in NZ thankfully. I'd heard much the same from a couple of people who had been involved.

So more "iffy" than "tech" then....

Bike
    Bultaco Metralla GT
    A bit off topic perhaps but I'm a bit puzzled by a MachIII Kaw triple I'm working on at the moment. It always starts fine and will idle fine, runs OK for maybe 30 secs to a minute but then sounds, feels and smells very rich. Stock VM28s. I've checked the obvious things - float level is OK and there's no drooling from the standpipes, jetting is sane, enrichment plungers are seating. Ignition checks out fine, air cleaner has no effect whether fitted or not. Needles and needle jets have been replaced and are stock sizes. Checked for fuel leaking through fuel tap vacuum diaphragm. It'll rev OK when cold (I guess because it'll tolerate the richness cold) but once it's warm I can hold the throttle open with no load and it'll only go to maybe 4 or 5k and does the "baa ba baaaa ba" loaded up routine, as soon as I close it it idles fine. Turning the fuel off makes the engine come to life just before the bowls run dry. Carbs are clean and both main and pilot air bleeds are clear. I put 10psi into each cylinder in turn, suspecting crank seals but no sign or sound of leakage from either the neighbouring cylinders or the gearcase. Engine is stock as is the jetting. It always idles fine even if it's hot but goes rich as soon as the throttle is opened. The centre and right hand cylinder run richer and cooler than the left one when the throttle is opened.

Can crank seals check OK with a pressure test but still leak with the engine running? I can't work out where all the fuel is coming from - have I overlooked something with the carbs? It's acting like the main jets have fallen out...

Bike
    Exercycle
    Does that model have brass floats ? Punctured ?

Rig the carbs up, off the bike, with a test tank and see if they dribble in running attitude.

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    No but on the link above the cylinders in the background of the link above look to be CP industries liger

Name:	IMG_20150818_144940small.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	329705
    http://www.cpindinc.com/pub/view_pro...=3101-9779-144
    ie same crowd that does the big bore banshees as well as CR500's
    husa those four barrels on the back table are just standard cr500. years ago I called calvin on the phone about the liger (before it was even available to the public yet ), he was a nice guy and bless his heart but I don't understand his way of thinking. I believe the smallest bore was 95mm or something like that. why not keep a smaller bore and have better transfer passage geometry, not to mention I wonder if the exh passage was miles to short, and those sqaure aux exh ports

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    husa those four barrels on the back table are just standard cr500. years ago I called calvin on the phone about the liger (before it was even available to the public yet ), he was a nice guy and bless his heart but I don't understand his way of thinking. I believe the smallest bore was 95mm or something like that. why not keep a smaller bore and have better transfer passage geometry, not to mention I wonder if the exh passage was miles to short, and those sqaure aux exh ports
    They look flatter around the exhaust port then i remember a std Cr500 being, they also appear to be coated? which is why i assumed calvin
    I guess the reason Calvin concentrates on big bores is because thats what people want. USA market =bigger just has to be better.
    I would rather have a balance shaft, a 6 speed gearbox and power valve a way to reliably start it when hot and a decompressor.
    Last edited by husaberg; 2nd April 2017 at 19:25. Reason: i think i just desribed a ktm300
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    variety
    unfortunately ive had way more cr500 than I care to admit ( back table theyre just run of the mill cr500 with no exh flange installed). just sold my last cr500 two days ago (thank the good lord). poor kid has probly already ran it into a tree and hurt himself. the yellow coating is cosmoline I think they call it, applied at the factory. prevents the iron bore from rusting until it gets in the hands of the customer

ya the liger is a classic case of "when in doubt, bore it out". but I guess you have to supply what the people want

Name:	CR500bore.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	329744  

Bike
    variety
    while im here what do you guys think of this type of chamber ? ive got to take alittle more material out of the ktm head because com ratio is still very high ( its a spherical chamber now). cutting a bathtub style would add a bit more volume.

Name:	head 001.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	770.5 KB 
ID:	329745  

Bike
    TZ400
    As far as chamber shape is concerned yes, a bathtub works real well with a domed piston, but the first thing to do is get rid of the radius into the chamber from the squish.

And the CP Liger casting had a boss above the Ex duct that could have been a power valve mounting face.
    Calvin ,bless him ,was a genius at casting technology, but relied heavily on a closed cabal of trusted "tuners" for his advice on 2T technical detail, and none of them had any idea about actually calculating the blowdown
    capability of a design.
    The huge Ex port ducts and really dumbarse tiny square Aux ports were testament ( in the god botherer context ) to that advice.
    But the biggest issue in terms of " rightness " was that usually all of the CP designs were well conceived in their original bore size, but were routinely bored to buggery as is the Merican way.
    There I go being an angry little man again - sorry.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Thread Information