Page 588 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 8848853857858658758858959059863868810881588 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by teriks View Post
    To give you some idea of what I'm messing with, something completely off topic. -except for being two-stroke and somewhat bucket, as in old engine, well, and some tape and tie wire.
    Attachment 268553
    .. or maybe I just like the beautiful blue color and need to share it somehow
    I like it, and the blue color, thats seriously interesting.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    why dont you back the engine of 2-3 hp and see if it fixes the pomblem if not you know it was not that . my sidecar years ago tf 100 sezed up twice so l backed the timing of just a tad and a bigger main in it . ran it for 2 years won the sidecar titles twice never did a thing to it untill the big end went.. food for thought

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    have you ever had the bike seized on the dyno at all? if so was it the roll down or do you pull the cluch in as it rolls down?

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    I like it, and the blue color, thats seriously interesting.
    Thanks! Apart from beeing beautiful, the color gives gives you a decent indication on pipe surface temperature using something like: http://www.uddeholm.com/files/Temperature_guide.pdf or http://www.smex.net.au/reference/steelcolours.htm

Bike
    Aprilia GP 125 & 250, 91 & 92 models
    Massive waste of brain interlek being thrown back and forth here, how have we ended up so far off track ? ( pun intended ) what was it that stopped this machine, as Wob has stated A RING PIN, just address the fault and move forward again, leave this garbage talk with the garbage talkers:sleep:

Bike
    Yo momma
    It was an internal team thing, people at Mt Welly are starting to become conscious of oil spills in general and Chambers wanted Team ESE to be above reproach.
    Really??? Sorry mate but I smell Most of the oil on the track comes from the Karters chain oil.
    I hope new rules were not made without proper discussion and proof.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW View Post
    Massive waste of brain interlek being thrown back and forth here, how have we ended up so far off track ? ( pun intended ) what was it that stopped this machine, as Wob has stated A RING PIN, just address the fault and move forward again, leave this garbage talk with the garbage talkers:sleep:
    all l read was (The engines symptoms looked the same as Taupo and Kaitoki ) so just trying to help what l thought was the same promblem happing!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Really??? Sorry mate but I smell Most of the oil on the track comes from the Karters chain oil.
    I hope new rules were not made without proper discussion and proof.
    No not a rule change, and I used the wrong word when I said "directive" it was a team decision taken as some of the kettles have been overheard worrying about the color of the pots. I got my bottom polished and maybe thats a good thing as it looks like the whole Mt Welly kitchen is headed for an oil hygiene scrub up.

Bike
    Yo momma
    No not a rule change, and I used the wrong word when I said "directive" it was a team decision taken as some of the kettles have been overheard worrying about the color of the pots. I got my bottom polished and maybe thats a good thing as it looks like the whole Mt Welly kitchen is headed for an oil hygiene scrub up.
    Yes that is about what I thought happened. Is the kart club getting involved?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Yes that is about what I thought happened. Is the kart club getting involved?
    No no, still pretty low level ... at the last wet Bucket meet there was quite an oil sheen developing during the day.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    have you ever had the bike seized on the dyno at all? if so was it the roll down or do you pull the clutch in as it rolls down?
    Usually a bit of both, roll off then pull the clutch if the run down is taking to long. Run down on the dyno takes much longer than normal overrun into a corner so I often pull the clutch but not always. We realy need a brake on the dyno drum.

Yes I have had a seizure on the dyno during a pull, I was impatient to get going and it was a cold seizure as I hadn't warmed it up very well.

Wob points out that after maximizing the ignition on full throttle runs on the dyno, if I had closed the throttle a bit at peak torque the engine would have seized.

I can certainly see that could happen now that I have that knock sensor because on over run and lower throttle runs it often lights up like a Xmas tree when it wouldn't have if it was a full throttle run.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    after my brother had seized his rs125 lots of times we brought a det counter . never seized it again . all it took was some cloud cover and the dets just went up by thousands but after awail we did sort it to run safe. but everything is a learning curve

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    TeeZee has a knock sensor thing connected to his ignition which retards when it senses detonation but I think he would like a det counter too but does not know where to get one or at least an affordable one. If someone has one for sale, I know TeeZee would like a PM.

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries

just a couple of reasons we play with buckets so much

"Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    TZ400
    $80 gets you a self powered counter.
    http://www.intech.co.nz/catalogue/do...talogue-nz.pdf

RS will do one as well im sure.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Thread Information