Page 724 of 2633 FirstFirst ... 22462467471472272372472572673477482412241724 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 39485

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    Neels code, EngMod 2T will predict exactly what size nozzle is best, you simply keep making it smaller, and when no more power appears on the screen
    you can be sure it will work in reality.
    That code uses a version of Blairs numbers for correct STA I believe.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    The headsmack come from me knowing this BEFORE I WENT OUT!
    I had checked the plug, looked a bit hot, asked Dave for his experienced opinion and he said go richer.
    I knew it, I dismissed it thinking; ahhh it's not that far off and BOOM!

I've always bee conservative in jetting and timing but was starting to push things further as I thought I was too prudish.

Lesson learned!
    you do that when you want to go faster . l have done it at least 5 times looking at old pistons l have piss me off. young and stilly at the time and prombly go back there if l went 2 stroke again like l have one. 4 strokes you seem to get away with murder but still seen it happen there

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frame2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	279234

I have been busy working on my new lighter bike.

Name:	Frame1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	242.7 KB 
ID:	279235

To use the light weight all alloy triple clamp I need to fit a bigger top bearing. The new top bearing is the same size as the original bottom one and I had thought of building up the bearing area by welding all around the top then boring it out.

But TwoTempi took a look and suggested a better and neater way would be to mill the top portion away and weld in a pre machined sleeve. Might even be able to alter the stearing head angle that way too.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    weld in a pre machined sleeve.
    I've seen a lot of welding done on alloy bike frames, as far as I'm aware none of it's been subsequently heat treated. Anyone know for sure what the alloy is and how much of a problem the weld heat completely annealing it is?
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    I've seen a lot of welding done on alloy bike frames, as far as I'm aware none of it's been subsequently heat treated. Anyone know for sure what the alloy is and how much of a problem the weld heat completely annealing it is?
    Up to about 1998 on the Hondas it seems ok. the later ones not so much.
    This holds true for the CR250's anyway in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RS125, TZ80, RS50, RS50, FXR

Suzuki GP125 Service Manual

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    Sigh. I can't sleep.

Here you go guys, a Suzuki GP125 and GP125U service manual... all 136 pages of it. Thanks to Rob for the manual and may it serve to help many in their journey towards 2 stroke euphoria

Be patient, it's a large file (for those who still use windows 98) at 18.0 MB

Suzuki GP125 Service Manual
    I posted this a while back but a flood of activity swamped the page just after I posted it. I just wanted to make sure everyone that may be able to get some use from it saw it was there.

There's the link for you Rob and sweet work on the NSR frame, it's going to be such an improvement over the FZR setup!

Bike
    husaberg

Views:	81 
ID:	279234

I have been busy working on my new lighter bike.

To use the light weight all alloy triple clamp I need to fit a bigger top bearing. The new top bearing is the same size as the original bottom one and I had thought of building up the bearing area by welding all around the top then boring it out.

But TwoTempi took a look and suggested a better and neater way would be to mill the top portion away and weld in a pre machined sleeve. Might even be able to alter the stearing head angle that way too.
    Rob while you are playing with the steering head. consider placing shims so you can alter the effective height of the steering had and therefor angle cog and weight distribution without playing with the forks.
    I would suggest splitting the shims say 25mm each between the top and the bottom for a start with a longer steering head stem so you can have a greater amount of adjustability in the future.

The RC45 had this feature (not a great example i guess)
    I hope you can make sense of what i are meaning.
    This can still be combined with the eccentric cups.

PS not sure why you had to change the steering head? wouldn't altering the stem be a little easier?

Also lastly remember if you are altering the stem if pressing in a new one you can add more rake by not having the stem add 90 degrees to the yoke.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    simson

rotary, reed vs. piston port

Hi Everyone!

Is there anybody who has got experience how much extra power makes a rotary disc valve or reedvalve compared with the capacity of a piston port inlet, if every other conditions are 'constant'? Is there anyone who did such a transformation and did some dyno tests?

In case of a piston port, if the port timing is reasonable the STA couldn't be more than 0,0130-0,0150. Concerning the other two cases above, in general the STA is between 0,0200-250. In theory all of this should mean a huge difference, but in practice we don't get what we expect.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgi View Post
    Hi Everyone!

Is there anybody who has got experience how much extra power makes a rotary disc valve or reedvalve compared with the capacity of a piston port inlet, if every other conditions are 'constant'? Is there anyone who did such a transformation and did some dyno tests?

In case of a piston port, if the port timing is reasonable the STA couldn't be more than 0,0130-0,0150. Concerning the other two cases above, in general the STA is between 0,0200-250. In theory all of this should mean a huge difference, but in practice we don't get what we expect.
    Frits posted this a while back about 10% food for thought.( i am sure mr Frits mentioned Jan got the Derbi Reed to about 49 hp later) the Derbi i think owed a lot to the Honda RS125 is that right Frits?

by piston port i assume you really meant reed. ANd crankcae reed at least if not well pure piston port finished about the TZ350 era.... so no idea.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Rob while you are playing with the steering head. consider placing shims so you can alter the effective height of the steering and therefor angle cog and weight distribution without playing with the forks. I would suggest splitting the shims say 25mm each between the top and the bottom for a start with a longer steering head stem so you can have a greater amount of adjustability in the future. This can still be combined with the eccentric cups.
    Thats a very good idea, thanks.

Name:	Adjustable Shock.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	279254

The replacement rear shock that I am going to fit has a ride height adjuster so I expect to be able to use that for stearing head adjustment by jacking the back up.

Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    PS not sure why you had to change the steering head? wouldn't altering the stem be a little easier?

Views:	44 
ID:	279253

I have this lovely light triple clamp with an alloy stem that goes with some nice forks that I want to use. The stem is a little shorter than the original heavy one, and the new stem is a larger diameter at the top so some modification is required. The ESE workshop is more about fabrication than precision engineering so cut and weld is a more practical option.

Bike
    Benelli 250 2C
    Blog Entries
    Be afraid, very afraid. TZ 350 and his new bike is going to get very much quicker

TZ350 has been to Jenny Craig and is losing weight very fast.

In fact if we graph it he will have a weight of 0.00 kg and completely disappear about Easter next year !!

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twotempi View Post
    Be afraid, very afraid. TZ 350 and his new bike is going to get very much quicker

TZ350 has been to Jenny Craig and is losing weight very fast.

In fact if we graph it he will have a weight of 0.00 kg and completely disappear about Easter next year !!

problem is with his riding ability slipping and age getting the better of him will he still be able to get on the faster lighter bike ? (love you Dad)

who is going to ride the new lighter faster BEAST ?
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    who is going to ride the new lighter faster BEAST ?
    Who indeed .....

Bike

Name:	Lifan-150-5 1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	279300Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lifan-150-5 3.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	279301

No, not going over to the Scooter side, just picked this up off Trademe for its engine and CVT parts. It has done stuff all K's so must have been a demonstrator before being cannibalised for parts. Bucketracer has relisted all the bodywork, forks and wheels on Trademe.

Now I have the shafts, reduction box and other parts that I have been looking for, for my CVT project. I plan on making a special 30+ rwhp water cooled 100cc rotary valve engine to go with the CVT unit.

And I hear Gigglebutton is making real progress on a very light and very special darkside project.

Bike
    1996 Buell S1
    Who indeed .....
    Someone not born in the 60's would be an excellent starting point.

Thread Information