Page 1687 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 6871187158716371677168516861687168816891697173717872187 ... LastLast
Results 25,291 to 25,305 of 39428

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Bucket Sidecar
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Be happy to oblige if it met the original bucket rules the offer applied to.
    But I'm still waiting though?

Bike
    Conti RX356 V3
    Quote Originally Posted by lucf View Post
    The Ryger in action 12th of March at Eefde.
    A few laps from Danny Aumiller with his standard Ryger..poor chassis setup but very nice laptimes !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJbxxdzhESA
    and you are faster than all the lawnmowers on the track, another splendid proof

Bike
    rd 350 ypvs 1985
    If memory serves that was on a AC, no WC

Bike
    2002 Yamaha YZ250WR
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    It looks like Ecotrons uses the VE and Alpha-N tables completely independently.

This map is setup as an eight step curve for choosing between VE or Alpha-N. At any RPM below a chosen TPS it is VE, above its Alpha-N.

It's pretty exciting, hopefully I will have the bike back together for a bit of a trial run by the week end. I don't expect too much straight away but it will be very interesting to see what the recorded MAP data from the exhaust port looks like.
    Keen to see the data!
    This might work well enough, first up set the area over say 5000rpm, and less than 50% TPS to be Speed Density. You'll want to set the TPS a fair bit higher than required to initiate the pipe wave, so when you whack the throttle on fast, the motor has a chance to fire (and pick the airflow up) before it crosses into the alpha-n table and goes to full fuel. If it doesn't fire in between, it will flood with all fuel and no airflow. Set the RPM bins like 4000, 4999, 5000, 6000 so you get a sharp cutover as you go over 5000rpm, and the system doesn't try to interpolate between the two zones (Megasquirt does this, not sure about the ecotrons). I'd probably do the same with the throttle position to be safe.

I'm not sure how the load prediction weighting works, if it's a form of blending between the alpha-N and speed density map, you might be able to have the fuelling incorporate TPS input when in the speed density mode, this will give some resolution to the fuelling between 0-50% TPS. Set it to maybe 0.5 to use half and half? Otherwise it will just be a set fuel value (with the exhaust around atmospheric pressure), until the airflow and fuel line up, motor fires and the pressure jumps up. If the load prediction does work like that, you might be able to use speed density/alpha-n half and half right up to full throttle, and should work similar to my system, alpha-n with 'speed density' correction.

On the speed density table you should make the pressure bins a sharp cutover at some threshold, so you get a 1.8x or so jump in fuelling when the motor fires. You could also have the higher pressure areas of the map give a little more fuel as the exhaust pressure wave develops with successive firings, like this:

100kPa - 55%
    105kPa - 55%
    105.1kPa - 100%
    150kPa - 100%
    200kPa - 110%

Also, you don't want any smoothing or averaging on the MAP input.

If you can use the exhaust pressure relative to barometric pressure for the speed density table it would be nicer, that way the exhaust firing threshold will adjust with altitude, luckily megasquirt gives this as an option called '%baro'. Or use a 1bar differential pressure sensor between exhaust and atmosphere as the speed density input.

You could have ecotrons give you a true multiplied table option, surely wouldn't be that hard to code.

Good luck!

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Nath88 View Post
    If you can use the exhaust pressure relative to barometric pressure for the speed density table it would be nicer, that way the exhaust firing threshold will adjust with altitude, luckily megasquirt gives this as an option called '%baro'. Or use a 1bar differential pressure sensor between exhaust and atmosphere as the speed density input.
    If I remember correctly, the average pipe pressure in the power band at WOT is about 0,3 bar above atmospheric.

Bike
    suzuki

Vacuum from 24 mm venturi

TZ

Just wondering if you have tried using a vacuum signal from the 24 mm venturi. This signal would be very sensitive to whether the engine is on pipe or indeed firing. If the delivery ratio is doubled then the vacuum signal would increase by 4 times. Flow is proportional to the square root of the signal.

This signal could maybe be intensified by running a second choke - with the exit centred in the 24 mm venturi - like an old weber carb. You would then take your signal from the second choke.

Bike
    Yo momma
    A few laps from Danny Aumiller with his standard Ryger..poor chassis setup but very nice laptimes !

Did it have 70hp?

Bike
    TZ400
    You might find a couple of people in the World who believe you.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    zuma50
    TZ350, KTMs will now come standard with efi on certain models of their 2 stroke enduro models for 2018

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    TZ350, KTMs will now come standard with efi on certain models of their 2 stroke enduro models for 2018
    and will arrive in NZ in 2021...

Bike
    kreidler rs 1976
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Shit Luc, you really are your own worst enemy.
    Not only have we had an endless stream of bullshit power numbers with " dyno " graphs a 10 year old could draw on an iPad, now we have " nice lap times ".
    Whats the KZ2 lap record at the track, and its as simple as hitting Max Recall on the dash and use your phone camera to show a REAL result, just for once - give it a try.
    You might find a couple of people in the World who believe you.

Only negative screaming, no real thinking and ask himself "where does all that power really come from?"
    And those people calls themselfs a true expert in 2stroke, don't make me laugh!

Bike
    1988 cagiva freccia
    Blog Entries
    Normal to doubt

We do not know whether this power and.

No one has seen it

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack

So what are you showing us? This could be any engine, with any driver doing any lap time. The only thing I picked up from the video is that the up shifts are terribly slow.

Why don't you stop trying to baffle everyone with bullshit and share some real technical data for a change, for that is what this thread is about.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_v View Post
    TZ ... Just wondering if you have tried using a vacuum signal from the 24 mm venturi. This signal would be very sensitive to whether the engine is on pipe or indeed firing.
    Another good idea, I could need it, thanks.

Bike
    Conti RX356 V3
    Only negative screaming, no real thinking and ask himself "where does all that power really come from?"
    And those people calls themselfs a true expert in 2stroke, don't make me laugh!
    luc seriously? which power you mean - the 70hp, the 65hp or any new values available meanwhile? you've had like 2 years to show a proper proof and all you got are fishy posts, a fishy homologation, a fishy web shop and calling people who scrutinize those (which should be in every technicians nature...) names.

I can post a vid of me lapping RS125s/650cc supermotos on a kart track with my 50cc bike. must also produce massive amounts of power

Thread Information