Page 2473 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1473197323732423246324712472247324742475248325232573 ... LastLast
Results 37,081 to 37,095 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    Doesn't seemed to have learned anything from the abject failure the VDue was with direct cylinder injection.
    His design destroyed Bimota , who is paying for this.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    93 kx500
    I know its modeled just for the patent, but the cylinder casting design could have been much prettier with gussets etc.

Will the top oil scraper directly connect the supercharged inlet port to the exhaust via the small oil scraper groove drain holes?

Is the electric assist motor the Novel part or is it's novelty all the past ideas in that specific combination?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Why are we so hooked on loop scavenge?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett S View Post

Is the electric assist motor the Novel part or is it's novelty all the past ideas in that specific combination?
    That was my thought too. Very little there that wasn't done by DKW pre WW2.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Why are we so hooked on loop scavenge?
    Because it passes KISS.

I was originally trying to work a 'I have schnuerl idea' pun but it didn't look as good typed and I couldn't decide on how much to abbreviate.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Because it passes KISS.

I was originally trying to work a 'I have schnuerl idea' pun but it didn't look as good typed and I couldn't decide on how much to abbreviate.
    Dave, Dave, Dave, it's ASS…..Another Schnurle System..
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Doesn't seemed to have learned anything from the abject failure the VDue was with direct cylinder injection.
    His design destroyed Bimota , who is paying for this.
    It may be the third time the definitive one, Bimota, Gas Gas and now this
    In the patent there is hardly anything new, that we have not seen in other projects, if the one that is V-twin and direct injection

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    How is OP uniflow not KISS?
    No worse than any twin cylinder loop scavenge, two single cylinder cranks, no heads, crank joining gears can be clutch gear water pump gear etc, no balance shaft needed ... and is rated as a single cylinder. One combustion chamber. Standard crankcase charging. Exhaust throttling, jetfire ignition.

And a side benifit, the cylinder is priced as a single cylinder for plating.

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    How is OP uniflow not KISS?
    No worse than any twin cylinder loop scavenge, two single cylinder cranks, no heads, crank joining gears can be clutch gear water pump gear etc, no balance shaft needed ... and is rated as a single cylinder. One combustion chamber. Standard crankcase charging. Exhaust throttling, jetfire ignition.

And a side benifit, the cylinder is priced as a single cylinder for plating.

Your wonderful words about the OP Uniflow mechanism, have led me to wonder why the 1951 piaggio OP engine was not commercialized (I have a lot of love for vespas, because it was the first motorcycle I got on, in my childhood my brother and I played with the one my father had before buying the first car, the reason for buying the car was my arrival since the family increased to 3 children and my mother did not have as many arms to hold us, leading to the abandonment of the scooter in the patio where years later my brother and I used to play with her pushing each other).

I think I found the answer in my memories too, at the beginning of my youth I was lucky enough to be able to disassemble an engine that they had given us to make us a kart, the engine in question was the ISO of Italian origin, Uniflow two-cylinder, this engine allowed me see how the non-asymmetrical system works, it is not an OP engine, but it works the same.

My conclusion is that the basic rule of two stroke was imposed, which is the same as the famous Ockham's razor

Bike
    ETEC 800
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9C5A57FE-FB84-4A96-98B3-76F8E53701AC.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	351321

Prepared and ready to test a batch of pipes I built at an eddy current engine dyno. All four sets of pipes have the same tuned length from piston to end of convergent cone and share the same dwell and convergent cones, thus all four also carry 66 % end of diffuser and 77 % end of dwell. Two sets have 33.5 % headers and two sets have 31.5 % headers. Two sets have two stage diffusers and two sets have three stage diffusers. I have added provisions for tophat nozzles to Optimize the bleed orfice. In hind sight there are things I would have done differently for this test, but I believe I will take home a lot of usable data.
    Now I just hope the 75 % exhaust chordal width keeps the ring in. I have had great results with such wide ports in the past, however this was the last time I will ever send a cylinder to millennium. Royal disaster of a chamfer job, completely changing the geometry, even after I left them several notes with my instructions.

Bike
    Kreidler 1976 RS
    75% cord wide don't need to be a problem, when executed correctly.
    Several years used 74.5%, never broke rings.
    Power gain is more than 5%
    Last edited by HenkS; 22nd June 2022 at 04:14. Reason: aanvulling

Bike
    1975 Kawasaki H2

Two Stroke Conference Sept 12 - 13, 2022

I went to this in 2020 and it was pretty good. Program details and schedule provided at this link:

http://di2-stroke-engine.ifp-school.com/

If you can't attend the presentations are usually posted online afterward.
    Paul Olesen

Bike
    BMW R1200R 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PVO View Post
    I went to this in 2020 and it was pretty good. Program details and schedule provided at this link:

Opposed piston 2 stroke engines could be a very interesting topic, the other topics not so much...

Bike
    1991 MZ 301
    Quote Originally Posted by PVO View Post

I would love to go but am to old.
    Can You please give link to procedings of 2018 and 2020?

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Niels Abildgaard View Post
    I would love to go but am to old.
    Can You please give link to procedings of 2018 and 2020?
    If you follow his link and then scoll to the very bottom of the page, there are some links to the proceedings of 2018 and 2020.

Anyone going this year?

Thread Information