Page 1675 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 6751175157516251665167316741675167616771685172517752175 ... LastLast
Results 25,111 to 25,125 of 39408

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    RZ slipping clutch; I've never looked at this sort of thing as assumed a drag thing, but Wob was posting of issues and the night before my RZ started slipping on the dyno at anything approaching 90hp (its a CPI 496cc).

So what is having a lockup clutch like? It applies pressure, but does it change the action so it feels weird?

Wonder if it needs a spacer.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Yamaha-Ban...257Ciid%253A11
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    An idea I've been playing with for a while now:

As I'm not restricted by any rules or regulations, how about a supercharged "hyprid" two stroke?
    Blower connected directly to the transferports, a relatively small exhaust port, a pipe designed to retain as much energy as possible before the convergent cone(a pure "port blocker"), and an electric motor for bringing it into the powerband.

The point being to blow huge amounts of fresh mix through the cylinder, eliminating any possibility for mixing with spent gases, and at the same time (due to the small exhaust port/blocking pipe) build considerable pressure before exhaust port closing.

Stupid?
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by 41juergen View Post
    Yes, at least best as I can. The Problem is that I can't make a real oval as I would get into the water jacket, so I try to make the aux tunnel as far and "wide" as I can... Also I will put the stinger nozzle in, EngMod predicted a nice power increase behind peak. So let's see what the dyno will tell
    I understand. sometimes you just do the best you can and leave the rest to compromise. to get down to 75% i ended up needing to do a lot of welding on the floor and roof of the main passage. was pain in the ass . the cylinder was designed sometime in the early 80's and really there was nothing good about its design. sometimes i wonder if it was just a big waste of time. hopefully your adventure is less grief than mine

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    sometimes i wonder if it was just a big waste of time.
    No way! Think of all the experience and knowledge you've gained from it!
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Not likely; the 125 cc KTM GP-bike already had an injector in the crankcase that injected through a port below the exhaust port.
    They used it instead of a powerjet and it would only have been logical to use the same setup for full EFI.
    Attachment 328804 Attachment 328805 Attachment 328806
    ktm been using 3exh port configuration in the motox engines for 30yrs now. wouldn't you think that experience would carry over to the road going sector ? ive really gotten to dislike the center bridged exh after bad experience with it chewing up rings . luckily ive sold off nearly every bike i had with a center exh bridge

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Attachment 328803
    Anyway 151 runs latter, 23 hp. In the end there was still a cyclic series of humps, interesting, no idea how to smooth them out.
    Looks like your classic 4 banger Exhaust reversion. Was it there with the old cam timing? I can't find my old Graph from your dyno. Mine might have had it as well. Fix should be all in header length and muffler size.

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by senso View Post
    Silicone, or RTV?
    Would be good for alcohol fuels, but silicons doesn't like gasoline at all.

Bike
    zuma50
    Thank you! Did that have a 180 firing order?

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    Thank you! Did that have a 180 firing order?
    Nope. It was 90°/270°, rather unusual for a parallel two-stroke twin.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    Are there any pics out there of KTM'S parallel twin 250 gp engine? I tried searching with no luck
    Here you go Jonny.
    Here is a few more, Internals are pretty much race Kit NSR/RS Honda. AS are the pipes
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/a...p?albumid=4901
    Pipe spec courtesy of Frits Overmars bottom.
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/a...hmentid=310144
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2002 Yamaha YZ250WR
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin1981 View Post
    Does anybody know if there is a good heat and fuel/oil resistant liquid rubber a carburetor insulator boot could be made of?
    I have a 3D printed TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) boot on my bike at the moment. Printed by Duckhive3D. He's done a few for bikes and karts, it might be an easier option. Or possibly cast it using TPU.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Attachment 328803 In the end there was still a cyclic series of humps, interesting, no idea how to smooth them out.
    Looks like your classic 4 banger Exhaust reversion. Was it there with the old cam timing? I can't find my old Graph from your dyno. Mine might have had it as well. Fix should be all in header length and muffler size.
    Worse at the beginning, got better with each positive change to cam and inlet tract length. It has a tapered and stepped header. If there is another time on the dyno with this bike, we will follow your suggestions.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Worse at the beginning, got better with each positive change to cam and inlet tract length. It has a tapered and stepped header. If there is another time on the dyno with this bike, we will follow your suggestions.
    Cool yeah sounds like you just need to match up the exhaust. I ended up chucking out the stepped header in favour of a more 2 stroke style header. The size increase was with a steady cone instead to hard steps. My engine was very sensitive to any hard pipe transitions. Stupid things anyway to many moving parts.

Bike
    2001, Honda, RS125
    Just curious what happened to all of ktms 125gp bikes? Can not say I recall seeing any at club level. were they only a factory effort?

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    RZ slipping clutch; I've never looked at this sort of thing as assumed a drag thing, but Wob was posting of issues and the night before my RZ started slipping on the dyno at anything approaching 90hp (its a CPI 496cc).

So what is having a lockup clutch like? It applies pressure, but does it change the action so it feels weird?

Wonder if it needs a spacer.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Yamaha-Ban...257Ciid%253A11

Yes, clutching it in high rpm will be harder, sometimes impossible.
    You need a shiftcut with that.

Thread Information