Page 1893 of 2623 FirstFirst ... 8931393179318431883189118921893189418951903194319932393 ... LastLast
Results 28,381 to 28,395 of 39337

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by lucf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwePatrick View Post
    Luc! Why does your dynoprintout from Rygerengine have the same graphics layout as your simulation program? (just different colours)

Attachment 334872
    Attachment 334873
    Because I take over the original registrated data to an Excel file
    I understand you can do that with EngMod2T too, create a file from a dynograph then import it into EngMod for graphical comparison of a real dyno run with EngMod's simulated runs.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    kreidler rs 1976
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Grumph, you are entitled to your opinion, but it seems to me that it is based solely on Lucs allegations. I wasn't going to honour his stories with a reaction, but I cannot allow him to put people on a false tract with his alternative facts. There are too many perversions of the facts, both historically and technically, to go into all of them.
    I would have thought he already demonstrated his level of civilisation and credibility before on this forum. You don't need to take my word for it; you can check with respectable people like Jan Thiel, Wobbly Wayne Wright, Neil Hintz, Ken Seeber.
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1131082527

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Please Locf, dont spoil the dinner party by getting in a huff.

This is the place to post pictures and explanations about ones work, talking is one thing but reveling ones recipes and the failures and successes are what we meet here for.

You don't need to tell us how good a cook you are, if your baking is good and your recipe makes sense and is understandable people will love you for it.

Bike
    TZ400
    Jan, I hope to have the cylinder with the coated duct in my hands tomorrow.
    I will dyno this immediately and publish an actual dyno curve of the before and after result.
    But I wont import the data into Excel ( where its easy to manipulate ) i will simply publish the real data.

I have said this before and I will say it again,anything Luc has to say on here is a complete waste of his and our time.
    No one believes, no one cares - bugger off Luc and dont come back until we see a REAL dyno result that in some way goes toward
    the original Ryger proclamation of 70 Hp - 30,000 rpm.

Frits gave us all some real hope that the system was a new,viable, 2T advancement.
    All we have had since he pulled the plug on his involvement ( wonder why ), is a pile of nonsense and self justification that hasn't even come close to being accepted here.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Moped

Final version of the 50cc RSA inspired cylinder

At last I've got all measurements of the ports in place! It's amazing how much time you need to get all angles and area in place. Thank you Frits for the amazing library of pictures and drawings you posted on the RSA and RSW over the years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A_port_rsa_50cc_2018-Jan-22_08-32-36PM-000_CustomizedView4170174413.pdf  

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by lohring View Post
    The FOS system still seems promising. I've run a lot of simulations on EngMod and still get more power with it than Aprilia style porting in a 26 cc disk valve engine. However, EngMod's scavenging model may not give the correct scavenging efficiency. One slightly off topic question: Can you plate a laser sintered cylinder?

Lohring Miller
    Yes, you can plate a laser sintered cylinder if you can plate the aluminium it is made of. From memory, the material which almost every company offering this service has on their portfolio can be plated. For a 26cc cylinder this might have even become affordable in the meantime (what you have to pay is mostly linear to the weight of the part).

As I've never seen any real world dyno graph of a "symmetric 2-stroke", be it FST, FOS, Rotax, Ken or Neils engine or any other (please let me know if I missed something), would you show us the comparison from the simulation?

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by lucf
    Also maintained contacts with the Internal affairs and Justice, concerning procedures, production and distribution of passports and other security documents.
    All people who are qualify for Security work are screened for this.

We call it in Dutch: "al is de leugen nog zo snel de waarheid achterhaald (=achterhaalt) hem wel"
    I presume such a job description would at least require the ability and the will to write proper, legal Dutch, not?
    Stop digging your hole, you're deep enough.

Bike
    GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Just had to give the Piezo thing another go before giving up and going down the ion sensing rout.

Attachment 334868

9mm Piezo disk glued to a plastic button with a really short connecting hose to absolutely minimize the dead space in the system.

Attachment 334867

And wouldn't you know, it worked. Gives an identifiable signal all the way to 12,000+ rpm.
    Sometimes that last kick at the can does the trick.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Ok, serous question, in the olden days some manufactures (CZ) ran twin exhaust ports. I imagine to help cool the center bridge on the twin exhaust ports.
    Looking at a modern bridged port, the gas flow out near the edge of the port can't be that good.
    If a modern take on the old twin port, each port angling away from each other (say 30 degrees) would that not help increase ultimate gas flow on blow down?
    More cooled (water cooled, right up to the bridge) exhaust port surface available to help cool the over flow charge.
    Would two chambers be better pumping action than one larger one? I realise there is only so much energy available from the exhaust gas (you can't get something from nothing) but maybe two smaller chambers may be better?
    Building a new cylinder and can't make up my mind on what exhaust configuration.

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I've met Wobbly and Neil, Frits. I'm assuming that you've met Luc - proximity at least. Where someone is posting in a second language it's often difficult to establish intent from the content of a post. I looked at the FOS type system information and was prepared to give Luc the benefit of the doubt on that one.
    Certainly he's been much more informative there than in any of the Ryger posts. I'm aware that there are a lot of unresolved issues, I can't do anything about them.
    I'll shut up therefore on anything concerning Luc.
    don't let the Nazi's get to you
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    How this thread continues to get my pictures upside down I have no idea.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Piezo Electric  19mm disc and holder.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	576.8 KB 
ID:	334877 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.75mm through hole to cylinder.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	746.6 KB 
ID:	334878

Parts for the 9mm Piezo electric sensor.

Basically its a Piezo disk sitting in a recess in the plastic button and held in place by being covered with silicon glue.

The face of the disk is not glued, only the back is covered in glue. Replacing the disk is very straight forward, just scrape the old one off and glue a new one on. The disks are cheap as chips.

To get a coherent signal and eliminate some noise I am going to try a small bridge rectifier.

The 0.7V forward voltage drop across the rectifier should block a lot of low level ripple and leave me with a decently shaped pulse to work with. Well we will see how that goes. Here is hoping ....

Bike
    husaberg
    Just had to give the Piezo thing another go before giving up and going down the ion sensing rout.

9mm Piezo disk glued to a plastic button with a really short connecting hose to absolutely minimize the dead space in the system.

And wouldn't you know, it worked. Gives an identifiable signal all the way to 12,000+ rpm.

Blipping it up in the shed. Motor a little rich in the mid range. But there is an identifiable signal all the way up to 12,000 rpm. And the signal drops off during over run as you would expect and comes back under acceleration again.
    Do you have access to a data logger a tinytalk or similar (i guess you use tinytalks for work?)
    there are pretty cheap ie sub $100 bluetooth voltage loggers about now.
    I think it would be a good idea to log some laps with one just to see if it gives a consistant result and then you can set a base line for the signals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Because I take over the original registrated data to an Excel file, so no simulation at all.
    The original data I used, are also published in the past, but it looks like nobody wanted to see this.
    The only simulation program I use since 2001 is Mota and I know all disadvantages.
    For real situations you still can use it, but for experimentations it's almost useless.
    Real calculations I do since about 1998 in my own developped software, which is not for sale.
    Ryger is impossible to simulate in Mota, I didn't even try it.
    And by doing this you will never get any respect, people will believe that it is all humbug.
    third party dynoprintout is the key =)

Bike
    To get a coherent signal and eliminate some noise I am going to try a small bridge rectifier.
    Well that didn't work very well, only the most determined spikes got through. Maybe try again and amplify the original signal before running it through a bridge with the amp clipping the bigger signals to a max of 5 Volts for the Aduino digital input.

Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Do you have access to a data logger a tinytalk or similar (i guess you use tinytalks for work?)
    there are pretty cheap ie sub $100 bluetooth voltage loggers about now.

I think it would be a good idea to log some laps with one just to see if it gives a consistent result and then you can set a baseline for the signals.
    A small data logger, great idea. We use 4-20's at work, I will have to see if I can find a Voltage logger. Probable not ready for it yet as I don't have a decent signal, but it certainly makes sense. The loggers we use, typically multi channel and certified and run $2000+ so some pointers where to source something more affordable would be great.

Bike
    73 kawasaki h1
    If the volt drop across one diode is about 0.6V, then surely the drop through a bridge must be 1.2v? Maybe this is why you're not getting enough signal.
    Edit: The more I think about it, a bridge rectifier will just turn the signal into a not very smooth DC output. Try just using a single diode in line.

Thread Information