Page 2210 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 1210171021102160220022082209221022112212222022602310 ... LastLast
Results 33,136 to 33,150 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1971 Kawasaki F8 250cc Racer.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	663.4 KB 
ID:	343694

Started work on my Post Classic pre 72 Kawasaki F81M 250cc single racer.

Kawasaki rotary valve cases, Suzuki crank and air cooled cylinder, Honda CR250 rod kit. Enormous case volume and with a modern pipe and some Methanol in the mix to keep the engine temperatures down I am looking for 45 rear wheel hp @ 9,500 rpm. Fingers crossed.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by cotswold View Post
    The KTM went back on the dyno today, last time we were a little underwhelmed with 38 bhp and an awful curve.....but the golden touch was winding the power valve spring right out flush,�� it went from 41 ish up to 48, the curve was much stronger too.

Name:	ktm br1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	343697
    Real interesting that KTM use the power valve to tame the power delivery so a new rider does not frighten themselves.

By winding the screw in and delaying the PV opening. You can dial the power down to suit the conditions. Makes sense using the PV like that.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    direct link seems to be impossible, so removed the "hyperlink" from the word document.
    pasting the link https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...y2DbpjdH-2R0fs
    into a browser leeds the user to the FOS concepts folder and than they'll find it "somwhere in the middle"
    'Somewhere in the middle' is rather accurate but I think I can give an even better indication: look under the letter P for Pisa .
    How did you come up with this link Jan? I wouldn't know how to create it.

Bike
    1991 MZ 301
    Quote Originally Posted by lodgernz View Post
    This formula and the other one given above are only approximations for low temperatures around room temp and will be grossly inaccurate at exhaust temps.

The correct formula for Speed of Sound S at temperature T in ⁰C is:

S = 331.3*SQRT((T+273.15)/273.15) m/s
    This formula gives 557.38 meter per second and the twenty times square root thing gives 556.12 for 500 degree celcius.
    Grossly inacurate or are You joking?

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Niels Abildgaard View Post
    This formula gives 557.38 meter per second and the twenty times square root thing gives 556.12 for 500 degree celcius.
    Grossly inacurate or are You joking?
    I stand corrected.

S = 331.3 * SQRT((T+273.15) / 273.15) = 331.3 * SQRT(T+273.15) / SQRT(273.15)

= SQRT(273.15) = 16.53 and 331.3/16.53 = 20.04

so S = 20.04*SQRT(T+273.15)

as you correctly stated.

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    'Somewhere in the middle' is rather accurate but I think I can give an even better indication: look under the letter P for Pisa .
    it's just the adress in the adress-bar Frits, once you are in the FOS-folder. even you should have found that one : KISS'er than that is impossible
    but it didn't work as a "hyperlink" in a word document (holding ctrl while clicking it normaly opens links), so that's why you have to copy it and paste it directly in the adress-bar.

since you read my manual "deeply" to find the link, I didn't say too much stupid stuff in it did I ?

Bike
    husaberg
    Will these do?
    Frits someone ofn KB was talking about the russian nuclear ramjet cruise missle that the russians have just admited blew up and killed a heap of Russian scientists a few months ago.
    From a physics point of view what would a ramjet capable of mach 6 sound like
    I have a suspicions its like a very loud 2t 3 cylinder chainsaw.
    A V1 running at 5-8 times the speed?

The Russians are acting like its some new tech but the yanks had them running in the 60's.
    Seriously though who thinks an air cooled Nuclear reactor without any concete casing is a good idea.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    it's just the adress in the adress-bar Frits, once you are in the FOS-folder. even you should have found that one : KISS'er than that is impossible .
    but it didn't work as a "hyperlink" in a word document (holding ctrl while clicking it normaly opens links), so that's why you have to copy it and paste it directly in the adress-bar. since you read my manual "deeply" to find the link, I didn't say too much stupid stuff in it did I ?
    Taking a look in the address bar was about the first thing I tried Jan, but it didn't work for me, heaven knows why not.
    But I found a method that does work: right-clicking on the desired folder will offer an option 'Get shareable link' .

Name:	shareable link.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	343698
    Once I started playing with this option, it wasn't difficult to create a direct link to the Pisa.PDF file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VFL...zQ6mtjyCq/view

My first reading of your manual wasn't all that deep; I just glanced over it (lack of time, you know).
    The first thing that came to mind: writing cells instead of cell's will save you a lot of apostrophes .

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Frits someone ofn KB was talking about the russian nuclear ramjet cruise missle that the russians have just admited blew up and killed a heap of Russian scientists a few months ago. From a physics point of view what would a ramjet capable of mach 6 sound like. I have a suspicions its like a very loud 2t 3 cylinder chainsaw. A V1 running at 5-8 times the speed?
    I haven't come across that nuclear ramjet news yet, but then I haven't come across a three-cylinder two-stroke chainsaw yet either.
    Assuming 8000 rpm, the latter would produce a root tone of 400 Hertz. According to Wikipedia, a V1 pulsejet could do about half of that:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_detonation_engine: "A traditional pulsejet tops out at about 250 pulses per second due to the cycle time of the mechanical shutters, but the aim of the Pulse Detonation Engine is thousands of pulses per second".
    But from what I remember from German wartime footage, a V1 sputtered along at about 30 Hertz. I think I'd prefer the chainsaw sound.

Bike
    RC51
    Here's a mildly interesting new release from the far side of the pond... it's an Arctic Cat (formerly used suzuki engines) 400cc single, C-port injected, CVT engine. The claim is 65hp, so pretty mild setup. I'm curious about the blob hanging off the bottom....water pump and balance shaft?

Name:	CTEC 400.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	343699

Bike
    none
    https://snowgoer.com/top-stories/cat...mobiles/28112/ :
    C-TEC2 4000 power comes from a 397cc liquid-cooled, fuel-injected single that includes a counterbalance shaft to minimize engine vibration.
    The engine is essentially half of Cat’s C-TEC2 8000 engine that is omnipresent in the rest of its lineup, right down to the three-stage variable exhaust.

Bike
    RC51
    Ah yes, thanks for the detective work, Frits. It seems it would be a good power plant, as a modern two stroke entry, in the snow bike market.

Name:	snowbike.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	343700

Bike
    none
    right-clicking on the desired folder will offer an option 'Get shareable link'.

Name:	shareable link.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	343701
    Once I started playing with this option, it wasn't difficult to create a direct link to the Pisa.PDF file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VFL...zQ6mtjyCq/view
    Come to think of it, I may have owner rights to this part of Google Drive, that you guys do not have, so I cannot be sure that the above method works for everybody.
    Could you guys open https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rNTk89_KgwgWof
    go to the file spreuken\EN\aircraft maintenance.jpg ,
    right-click this file, get a shareable link (see above picture), exit Fos Pics again and then use the shareable link to download that file,
    and let me know if it works? Cheers.

Bike
    1984 Yamaha RD350
    Come to think of it, I may have owner rights to this part of Google Drive, that you guys do not have, so I cannot be sure that the above method works for everybody.
    Could you guys open https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rNTk89_KgwgWof
    go to the file spreuken\EN\aircraft maintenance.jpg ,
    right-click this file, get a shareable link (see above picture), exit Fos Pics again and then use the shareable link to download that file,
    and let me know if it works? Cheers.

That would be this picture:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hc...jgprwCyLg5jxsk Saving it directly from the link does not work, atleast not for me, i'm running windows 7 and Firefox browser.

If the url is copied to the browsers address line/ address bar, the picture shows up fine and you will be able to download/save it

Bike
    none
    Thanks KKT. If I try to copy your link, it only copies the shortened version https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hc...jgprwCyLg5jxsk
    with the three dots in the middle, and this obviously won't work in the browser.
    But clicking your link instead of trying to copy it gets the picture on my screen, and then clicking the three dots in the upper-right corner gives me the download-option.

Name:	download via link.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	343702

So it appears that once you get the link to a Google Drive, everybody can create those shareable links, pointing directy to the files in that Drive. Good to know .

Thread Information