Page 1739 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 7391239163916891729173717381739174017411749178918392239 ... LastLast
Results 26,071 to 26,085 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Both Honda and Yamaha were keen to keep Cagiva in the game for the sake of diversity. Cagiva had Wayne Rainey's championship-winning Yamaha YZR500 V-four on loan for a full month. I've still got the drawings of the Cagiva-cylinders somewhere; they were completely identical with the Yamaha-jugs. And Honda supplied Cagiva with not-for-sale Keihin carbs from their NSR500.
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I cetainly wouldn't mind seeing those drawings.
    Alas, once again me and my archives are not in the same country. But you don't miss much, Husa. Yamaha's biggest step in the latter days of their two-stroke activities was to copy Honda cylinders .

Quote Originally Posted by jamathi View Post
    For the 500/4 Honda had an instruction book for mechanics. It was made in such a way that it could not be foto copied...
    ....But somehow a copy of that instruction book found its way to my archive anyway. And that is a very instructive document. But as I'm not supposed to have it,
    I hesitate to put it on an open forum. And no, I won't respond to PM-requests in this case. It's a big pile of paper anyway and I don't have a scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    do we have a graph showing exhaust valve position to run along side this attachment... or did it not change at all until a certain level of rpm was achieved?( im sure this has been spoken about before but im struggling to find...). also how much exhaust duration was there prior to it being activated?
    We don't, Breezy; not a graph. I should be able to draw one because I must have a table of rpm/valve positions somewhere, but not within reach.
    The closed-valve exhaust timing was 172°.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Got a new computer and thanks to Neels help I managed to easily install the latest version of EngMod2T on it. Great help from Neels.

Used EngMod2T to develop a PoweValve curve for my new NSR/GP110 cylinder.

I thought that a PV curve would be a straight line steadily increasing as the revs go up, but it looks like that is not necessarily so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Settingup.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	312.2 KB 
ID:	331088

I have a list of the break points for the PV curve developed from the EngMod simulations. And now I need to find the corresponding mV feedback breakpoints for the servo motor that drives the PV.

Name:	Degree Wheel.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	736.0 KB 
ID:	331089

Using a degree wheel and the list of breakpoints for the PV.

Name:	PV Setup.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	619.3 KB 
ID:	331091

I developed the PV mV control curve by adjusting the servo feedback required to match the PV blade to the degrees ATDC to Exhaust/Power Valve opening position at each point on the curve.

Name:	Final Curve.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	331090

Half an hour later and I have a new PV curve setup in the Ignitec ignition module.

Basically there are three steps, 8-10k, 10-11k, and 11-12.5k. the hump at the end is just to move the PV completely out of the way in the extreme over rev region.

The next stop, the dyno.

Bike
    none
    Nice injector position TeeZee .

Name:	TZ350 cylinder.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	331093
    Oops. I stored the above picture as 'TZ350 cylinder'. But now I must forever remember that it is not a Yamaha TZ350-cylinder .

Bike
    husaberg
    Alas, once again me and my archives are not in the same country. But you don't miss much, Husa. Yamaha's biggest step in the latter days of their two-stroke activities was to copy Honda cylinders .

....But somehow a copy of that instruction book found its way to my archive anyway. And that is a very instructive document. But as I'm not supposed to have it,
    I hesitate to put it on an open forum. And no, I won't respond to PM-requests in this case. It's a big pile of paper anyway and I don't have a scanner.
    You really need to set up a portable expansion drive or start backing up to Cloud.
    Funny enough the Suzuki that KR JR rode to victory had exhausts that were copies of a Yamaha YZR they never gave any more power on the dyno but they lapped a second or two faster with them on.
    Willings spilled that one. pretty sure the rest was out of the Yamaha play book as well. So that might have been also a Honda by default.
    I noticed that the later 90's RGV500 had a spool PV as well as a blade anyone got pics of that?

PS you tease you know i am a NSR anorak , i also have a have a scanner and contary to popular opinion i are actually very discrete, you really should see the stuff i don't post on the web.
    MY japanese contact was meant to take some decent photos of the line drawing for the YZR's but i think he has forgotten.
    I do have a scale line drawing for the chassis of the later ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1988 cagiva freccia
    Blog Entries
    Yamaha's biggest step in the latter days of their two-stroke activities was to copy Honda cylinders .

Bike
    none
    I noticed that the later 90's RGV500 had a spool PV as well as a blade
    Wasn't it two or three blades for the exhaust powervalve and a spool valve for the exhaust resonance chamber?

You really need to set up a portable expansion drive or start backing up to Cloud.
    Can you teach me how to put tons of paper in this cloud? It's not like I have a spare year available for scanning the lot before uploading it, even if I had a scanner.

Anyway:

Name:	Cloud-2.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	331098

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by jamathi View Post
    This was never done I think....
    And I don't remember the answer to your second question, might have been around 170°.
    ok thanks for reply.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia

We don't, Breezy; not a graph. I should be able to draw one because I must have a table of rpm/valve positions somewhere, but not within reach.
    The closed-valve exhaust timing was 172°.
    ok, thanks for reply.

Bike
    husaberg
    Wasn't it two or three blades for the exhaust powervalve and a spool valve for the exhaust resonance chamber?

Can you teach me how to put tons of paper in this cloud? It's not like I have a spare year available for scanning the lot before uploading it, even if I had a scanner.

Anyway:

Name:	Cloud-2.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	331098
    You might be right re the RGV

Name:	attachmentK6PHF4KH.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	331099
    As for your paper documents, I would be glad to teach you how
    All you need to do is mail them to husaberg scanning and uploading services Wild Wild West NZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    69 kawasaki avenger

Reverse cylinder

You might be right re the RGV

Name:	attachmentK6PHF4KH.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	331099
    As for your paper documents, I would be glad to teach you how
    All you need to do is mail them to husaberg scanning and uploading services Wild Wild West NZ
    Hi I have a reverse cylinder tz250 in pieces. It has spare y1 and y2 cylinders. Can these cylinders be bored out to fit Tz 350 Pistons to put onto a kart for hill climbing. Are the Tz cylinders Able to be fitted to a spare Rgv bottom end. Would these cylinders be much better than bored out rgv barrels.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Husaberg, your the search engine of choice, can you find the KTM patent on this new TPI system? Keep digging until you get traction.
    Mostly interested in the date it was filed.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Husaberg, your the search engine of choice, can you find the KTM patent on this new TPI system? Keep digging until you get traction.
    Mostly interested in the date it was filed.
    Opposing it on "prior art" grounds ?

Best case outcome would be a payoff from KTM - which wouldn't be bad surely ?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Far more important; bragging rights.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Nice injector position TeeZee .

Name:	TZ350 cylinder.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	331093
    Yes, a lot of us have copied Flettners original idea he posted ages ago, even KTM have done it.........

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketracer View Post
    ... a reliable water cooled F4 Bucket engine with really good performance.

So simple, and no real tuning knowledge needed .....

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/86554-ESE-s-works-engine-tuner?p=1131032879#post1131032879

In "Bucket terms" it is pretty simple to bolt a NSR cylinder onto a Suzuki GP100 bottom end.

Thread Information