Page 2467 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 1467196723672417245724652466246724682469247725172567 ... LastLast
Results 36,991 to 37,005 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Derbi DRD pro
    Did some testing today with 15l/minute electric water pump vs Derbi standard mechanical. Electric with reversed flow was almost identical with stock and with normal flow direction it was slightly worse.

Solid: Derbi Mechanical
    Dash: Bosch electric pump with reversed flow sucking water out around exhaust duct.

I see electric water pumps on almost every Freetech bikes and with both flow directions. What I’m missing out, is there some track condition gain I won’t see in short dyno runs..?

Bike
    1988 cagiva freccia
    Blog Entries
    Engine €2 or €3 ?

Bike
    Derbi DRD pro
    €3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by philou View Post
    Fronius

for me it is one of the best brands
    so far i have three fronius machines for all welding types and theyre great. i even sold my miller

Bike
    1988 cagiva freccia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    so far i have three fronius machines for all welding types
    I hate you

Bike
    TZ400
    Having the cold water feeding in under the Exhaust duct is just as wrong as having all the cold water going into the head.
    This change was made 2 homologations ago in KZ engines , where the simple but vey inelegant solution was to feed the cold water surrounding the crank , up thru a hose , and into the cylinder
    above the top of the Exhaust duct from one side.
    The best scenario is to have all the cold water enter the cylinder over the boost port , then run around the bore over the tops of all the transfers - cooling these first.
    Then a portion of the return should be directed to a pair of small exit holes on each side under the Exhaust , the remining flow then exits up into the Exhaust side of the head , around the insert and back to the radiator.
    This alone is an instant 1 to 1.5 Hp in 50.

Water flow and cooling in general is a very much ignored source of " free " power gains.
    Having water flowing around the entire length of the Exhaust duct , where the plugging charge is retained , is super simple , but never done properly as far as I have seen.
    These slots in the Exhaust exit surface ( done by hand many years ago in the pit with a battery drill and file ) cools the back of the spigot as well , and reduces the background deto level by around 20% - allowing alot leaner egt level at full power as a result.
    This is much easier now with a small 75% exit area and a 6 axis CNC .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KZ10 Cooling.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	623.3 KB 
ID:	351102  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Having the cold water feeding in under the Exhaust duct is just as wrong as having all the cold water going into the head.
    This change was made 2 homologations ago in KZ engines , where the simple but vey inelegant solution was to feed the cold water surrounding the crank , up thru a hose , and into the cylinder
    above the top of the Exhaust duct from one side.
    The best scenario is to have all the cold water enter the cylinder over the boost port , then run around the bore over the tops of all the transfers - cooling these first.
    Then a portion of the return should be directed to a pair of small exit holes on each side under the Exhaust , the remining flow then exits up into the Exhaust side of the head , around the insert and back to the radiator.

Water flow and cooling in general is a very much ignored source of " free " power gains.
    Having water flowing around the entire length of the Exhaust duct , where the plugging charge is retained , is super simple , but never done properly as far as I have seen.
    These slots in the Exhaust exit surface ( done by hand many years ago in the pit with a battery drill and file ) cools the back of the spigot as well , and reduces the background deto level by around 20% - allowing alot leaner egt level at full power as a result.
    This is much easier now with a small 75% exit area and a 6 axis CNC .
    Wob, if you include the crankcase flow, how would you do it?

Bike
    Moped
    Do not know if I really understand. Is there something like this you are thinking of?

Name:	Skärmavbild 2022-05-22 png.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	351116  
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Dyno time ...... vrooom vrooom WOT maxed out in 6th ... back wheel stopped turning around. So much for my last new cylinder .......
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Geez, what kind of piston do you run. I never, like never seized an RG on std or KX piston.
    Took the cylinder off. It seems that I let the Kneed-It filler in the inlet get to close to the piston.

The piston rubbing on the epoxy must have melted it and the epoxy mess ripped things up. I guess the epoxy did not have good lubricating property's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RG50.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	806.3 KB 
ID:	351117 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220523_103639.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	807.7 KB 
ID:	351118 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220523_103600.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	831.9 KB 
ID:	351119

Next time I wont try and bring the filler in the inlet port up flush with the cylinder. Cylinder looks salvageable, but not sure about the piston.

Bike
    TZ400
    Sorry I didnt word my fist description correctly.
    If the water is fed initially into the crankcase ( from the front in the Aprilia or the middle as in the TM ) then the main flow from there should be directly up into the cylinder
    with a pair of large holes each side of the boost port ( NOT underneath the hot Exhaust duct ) . Another pair of smaller holes should also feed up under the Exhaust port , thus aiding flow around this area separately.
    The only exit flow from the cylinder is up into the head directly over the Exhaust port. Thus keeping the water heated up by the Exhaust duct flowing away from the transfers.

This is possible for example in the TM , if the water in the cavity between the case and the gearbox is then also fed forward over the top of the mains ( thus cooling the transfer entry area ) and up
    into the cylinder each side of the boost port.

This idea has been applied to old designs , like TZ250/350/750 , where the original flow was completely wrong - but this needs some form of separation plate or gasket between the head and cylinder.
    Again , in this case all the flow enters the cylinder thru a new spigot welded in opposite the Exhausts , and all the cold water flows forward across the transfer tops , then exits into the head thru a pair of holes
    each side above the Exhausts.

The test was done on a TM by extending the existing water feed hole around to above the boost port. A real 1 Hp free lunch , but not shown in the homologation papers , so probably illegal.
    Thus I did the almost as good change , and forced all the cold water away from the Exhaust duct with a hidden manifold inside the cylinder - legal.

Name:	Cylinder Cooling.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	246.7 KB 
ID:	351124   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wobbly Water Hose.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	412.2 KB 
ID:	351125   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TM Water.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	351126  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    ETEC 800
    Does anyone have a developed engmod pack file for a modern-ish Yamaha yz250 that I could get my hands on?

Bike
    Moped
    Sorry I didnt word my fist description correctly.
    Ok understand! 👍
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    TZ400
    Condyn , I have a stock YZ250 pack from years ago - PM me with your email.

Bike
    2001 kx250
    Condyn , I have a stock YZ250 pack from years ago - PM me with your email.
    Wobbly,

I’d appreciate a copy also...PM sent.

Thanks in advance.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    These two cylinders freshly cast, destained for the 700cc track bike.

Name:	20220525_165145.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	819.1 KB 
ID:	351135  

Thread Information