Page 2289 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 1289178921892239227922872288228922902291229923392389 ... LastLast
Results 34,321 to 34,335 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    SwePatrick , yes your system is fine - using a very small rotor as you have.
    I spent days , just like you did , years ago trying to discover why my new TZ based race engine was misfiring past 6000 rpm.
    It had a new 100mm rotor on it as is used in many Chinese pit bikes.
    This had a long ( 45mm ) lobe and I used two triggers.

In deperation I put a scope on the trigger signal , and discovered that the output from the reluctor coil in the trigger would jump up as soon as the lobe front edge passed the pole.
    But about 1/2 way along the lobe , the signal was gone.
    And as the ECU is designed to be seeing the falling signal off the trailing edge ( where there was no signal ) it got lost.
    So I cut the lobe length in 1/2 , down to about 20mm and suddenly all was fine.

Later I discovered Ignitech had a " long lobe " option , but I have never tested this.

One other point regarding your small trigger rotor setup. This is exactly what HRC used on the RS125 factory bikes with a total loss battery system.
    They discovered that with the stock crank , and the very small inertia flywheel plate , they lost a huge amount of overev power.
    Thus part of the total loss kitset was a new crank , with alot of extra heavy metal around the wheels to get back the inertia lost from removing the flywheel.
    VHM made high inertia cranks for the same reason - in effect loosing any advantage in acceleration gained from taking off the flywheel.
    This effect was first seen at Queens Uni where Dr Fleck discovered that the same engine made more power on a eddy current dyno with more inertia.
    His opinion was that the extra inertia reduced the in cycle speed difference of the crank as it was sped up on the power stroke - effectively slowing down the crank at BDC , thus giving more time to the
    transfer STA number in reality.
    I suspected i had to long triggers at first so i actually cut them down also
    But there was no difference, so i started to look elsewhere
    And as it seems it all works now, it was my caution that was the problem

And yes i know about the flywheeleffect and overrev, but keep in mind this is a dragbike, overrev isn't important as on a trackbike, i don´t need the couple of hundreds extra rpm in a bend to keep traction or balance, instead i shift gear and aiming as straight as i can

I´m trying to keep engine in the happy place, between max torque and peak power, overrevving it will make it hit the next gear away from the max torque.

Bike
    The trapped ring issue.

First things first, the ring need to rest on a complete flat surface, also should the ring be completely flat on the underside.
    Any produding metal will disturb the seal as the pressure from above will creep.

Second thing, you might have to guide the pressure to help the ring seal correctly.
    As i noticed in a clip from Alex, only 50psi,, that´s a huge problem there.
    You need way higher pressure to get a complete burn.
    About 130-170psi, favorable at the upper value and some high octane fuel.

And third thing as been mentioned before, the ring need to be able to hold on to the cylinder and still let the piston rock.

https://www.thn.nl/en/product-line/p...ton-ring-types

I would say c1 c3 c7 and cl, all with a touch of c9 is what is mostly used.
    the more rocking piston the more touch of c9 they should have.

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    This could become be a high and mighty engine Neil. Are you contemplating a chin-rest on the upper crankcase?
    Attachment 346393

I guess you already knew him

https://www.moto-collection.org/blog...-opposes-1935/

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Genius ....

50cc swept volume, 390cc crankcase volume, target 30+ hp. Racing two strokes, they are not air pumps. For mass air flow through the system. It is all about resonance.

Bike
    Moped

Pre-chamber ignition maserati m20

Wonder if it would be possible to implement this technology in a 2 stroke, someone with a lot of time might try!

They claim 15% more compression without detonation, for example

https://www.enginetechnologyinternat...ainstream.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pre-camber ignition.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	257.8 KB 
ID:	347260
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    2001, Aprilia, RS250
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhr View Post
    Wonder if it would be possible to implement this technology in a 2 stroke, someone with a lot of time might try!

They claim 15% more compression without detonation, for example

https://www.enginetechnologyinternat...ainstream.html

Name:	Pre-camber ignition.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	257.8 KB 
ID:	347260
    It was a question I asked a few pages back. Apparently someone somewhere is working on it, with good results, though details are scarce.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    I guess something like this would be usefull for an OP uniflow combustion chamber.

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfumi View Post
    It was a question I asked a few pages back. Apparently someone somewhere is working on it, with good results, though details are scarce.
    Maserati's patent is more of a poor man's version, without an extra injector unlike what you drive in f1

https://drivetribe.com/p/f1-burning-...Tq6irMfdxMqxLg
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike

Thumbs up Good progress.

Finally made some progress.
    I got the clutch to hold the power, finally.
    So now it became measurable power

I also in the middle of testing things rejetted it for E85 fuel, just for insurance against detonating(more octane)
    I just took random drill i had that were a bit bigger than the jets in the carb, so i actually dunno the sizes.
    Pilotjet likewise *lol*

But i felt that it can take som more fuel as it did 'boooo' a little before hot.
    The pulls were made on third gear so they are quite short(3-4seconds), the pipes didn´t build all the heat needed for the engine to pull harder on top, pipes are tuned for 12500rpm on petrol, and as i run e85 i got colder exhausts.
    Little bit more fuel and making pulls on 4th och 5th gear, maybe 6th will probably take me north of 80hp at the crank (now 76,3 at the crank) as it will raise the peak rpm.

And the wavy curves tell me it is still some left on the table, as they often smoothes out when you get in the ballpark of what they want.

But still,, good progress!

Name:	curve.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	347296

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets

Two stroke dyno run of a different kind........

Bike
    Maico Bimota 250

EGT and CHT

Now I seem to have decent EGT and CHT data coming from my new MyChron5, I'm looking for some guidelines as to how to determine the spark advance based on the EGT and CHT values.

My thinking. If the ignition is slightly retarded and mixture correct, the EGT and CHT would be on the low side.
    If the ignition was correct and the mixture was a bit rich, that to would give lower EGT and CHTs.

Can you differentiate between advance and mixture from the readings?
    ........Rules are for fools and a guide for the wise ..............

http://www.marshland.co.nz

Bike
    TZ400
    You are not paid to think , if the spark is retarded the EGT will be high , the CHT low.
    That is a relative statement , as at this time you dont know where the tune actaully is.

The raw numbers ie max recall are pretty much irrelevant , its the rate of climb , of both cht and egt as you pull thru the rpm power range that is important.
    CHT and EGT climbing in unison means all is good and safe , if you are using fine wire Platinum plugs then as you get close to optimum spark advance the distinct colour change on the earth electrode
    will be at about 1/3 up from the weld.
    Then as you lean down , the egt rate of climb will slow as you near peak power , and if you go one leaner with no increase in egt , and the cht is still climbing ,then its beginning to deto.

That is where you do a test to see if a little retard will bring the egt max up again.
    The idea is to find the minimum advance that will generate max power with a certain fuel flow. Using fuel to cool an over advanced engine will make alot less power than a slightly retarded spark and a lean jet.
    But that scenario means the bsfc is high ( Kgs fuel/Hp/Hr ) , and more power is to be found with optimum spark as well as the leanest jet , up to the limit where the egt starts to slow down its rate of climb nearing peak power.

Then of course you havnt even looked at compression.
    All 3 of the main ingredients , advance , com , jet are equally important. But one is super simple to ballpark immediately - and that is , if the com and jet are close then the peak power advance will be 15* btdc.
    If it makes best power on the leanest allowable jet at 18* advance , then the com is too low , and visa versa.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    That's a lot of balls in the air, and presumably I assume Av vs unleaded skews the pitch rich to advance
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Maico Bimota 250
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    You are not paid to think
    Am I getting paid? News to me.

Thanks for the reply, exactly what I wanted. I'll see if I can put it into practice this weekend.
    ........Rules are for fools and a guide for the wise ..............

http://www.marshland.co.nz

Bike
    youtube andreas länström

Great stuff
    Also, those sheet metal cutters from this or the last century are not half bad.

Thread Information