Page 2189 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 1189168920892139217921872188218921902191219922392289 ... LastLast
Results 32,821 to 32,835 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Or create a pool of petrol and resting in it a wick you could raise or lower in the airstream.

Whoops, wrong century.

Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    First up, sorry for it being sooo long since my last post.
    My YouTube channel kinda blew up and I'm having a hard time keeping up with just the mails, messages etc.
    I know there's a few pm's I haven't gotten to here also.

With my limited experience in diy plating most epoxies, suitable for cylinder work or not, would survive a strip+replate pretty well.

Anyways.
    Currently at the airport in Denver Colorado, on my way back from my first attempt at racing at Bonneville Speedway(event got canceled, rain)
    We had a great time regardless, and now I have time to build a proper engine with my 100% width exhaust port cylinder on it.
    Going to run on nitromethanol, efi, throttle slide part of the rotary valve cover.
    Variator transmission electronically controlled.
    Need to read up on the do's and don'ts with fuel injection.
    A747 is genius on piston wear but I have some concerns about it's bearing properties. Might be nonsense, but to see your big end give in I thought I'd mention it.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    With my one rpm constant load engine and a small carb taking care of of everything except WOT, efi could be REALLY simple couldn't it?
    Just one injector in the intake duct, duty cycle controlled by temperature and air density.
    No timing or anything.
    Here's what some guy in Oz did (with success ?) ages ago. It is a 125 cc BSA Bantam. From memory, the 2 carbs opened simultaneously rather than being staged.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bantam direct inlet 1.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	596.6 KB 
ID:	343335Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bantam direct inlet 2.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	680.6 KB 
ID:	343336
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    Model engines running high nitro fuels have run a simple "injection"system for years. Pipe pressure is fed to a sealed tank. Often we run a hopper tank that's always full to offset the effects of fuel sloshing, especially in high G turns and rough water. The output from the tank runs through a flow valve. This valve can be radio controlled to adjust the mixture on the fly. We mostly run either at idle or wide open so subtle flow control isn't needed. Some "carbs" have a low speed adjustment to help. As the power goes up the pipe pressure rises, delivering more fuel. The methanol based fuels aren't very mixture sensitive, especially on the rich side.

Lohring Miller

Tank & pressure line

Name:	XT-120 rt engine.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	343338

Remote flow valve

Name:	Perry Needle on OS.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	714.6 KB 
ID:	343337

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by lohring View Post
    Model engines running high nitro fuels have run a simple "injection"system for years. Pipe pressure is fed to a sealed tank. Often we run a hopper tank that's always full to offset the effects of fuel sloshing, especially in high G turns and rough water. The output from the tank runs through a flow valve. This valve can be radio controlled to adjust the mixture on the fly.
    We use the same system for F3D model pylon race planes. These don't use nitro at all (forbidden), just 80% methanol and 20% (yes, that greasy!) oil.
    The fuel is contained in a bladder in the tank. Exhaust pipe pressure administered between the tank and bladder walls squeezes the fuel from the bladder to the inlet.

There have been experiments with radio-controlled needle jets, but more than one pilot had to regret his greed when he tried to squeeze the last couple of revs out of the engine and was punished with detonation that blew his glow plug away.

This system is quite sensitive to the tank position, as the centrifugal force in the corners can strongly influence the fuel flow. Measuring the magnitude of this centrifugal force failed because the g-force sensors that we used, couldn't register more than 36 g...

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    This system is quite sensitive to the tank position, as the centrifugal force in the corners can strongly influence the fuel flow. Measuring the magnitude of this centrifugal force failed because the g-force sensors that we used, couldn't register more than 36 g...[/QUOTE]

Hahaha Wow.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars
    This system is quite sensitive to the tank position, as the centrifugal force in the corners can strongly influence the fuel flow. Measuring the magnitude of this centrifugal force failed because the g-force sensors that we used, couldn't register more than 36 g...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Hahaha Wow.
    Which makes me wonder: what kind of g-forces can an autogiro generate? I suppose you won't need to wear a g-suit..

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    Even slower model boats I've data logged can pull close to 4 Gs in the turns with +- 1 G vertical accelerations even in smooth water. I bet high performance model boats pull closer to double that from my experiences with bent turn fins. Frits, you hit on the problem with radio controlled valves. However, unlike airplanes, boats don't run under load until they're launched. That makes it harder to find the right needle setting.

Lohring Miller

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by lohring View Post
    ... unlike airplanes, boats don't run under load until they're launched.
    That would call for something like a tuning bucket, wouldn't it?
    However, I'm not sure that immersing the boat propeller in some basin would sufficiently imitate track conditions, as playing with airplanes taught me that the propeller is somewhat unloaded when the plane comes up to speed. You can hear it in the video below: the engine is running WOT all the time, but the plane needs about a full lap for the revs to build up and stabilize.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aBCQGq5Al4

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Geez they don't rev very high do they?

It also strikes me as um, potentially somewhat dangerous?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    You wouldn't want the pilot suddenly realizing you slept with his wife!
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    Geez they don't rev very high do they?

It also strikes me as um, potentially somewhat dangerous?
    Saw 34krpm on the logger at the wc this year. Surprised the rod stayed in one piece.
    Prefer to peak close to 33krpm so "geared up" with a heavier prop.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by teriks View Post
    Saw 34krpm on the logger at the wc this year. Surprised the rod stayed in one piece.
    Prefer to peak close to 33krpm so "geared up" with a heavier prop.
    I assume they just run plain bronze bushed big and little ends, is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Attachment 343016 Attachment 343017 Attachment 343018

These are hardened steel washers from a Suzuki RGV250. 0,010" side clearance (0,254mm). Very close slip fit on the pin and no appreciable grooving of the pin after hours of service. These washers are used to centralize the rod when no big end washers are being used. I have seen steel and hard anodized aluminium in Yamaha KT100 cart engines. I was not that impressed with the life of the alloy KT100 ones. I would think washers made out of any good quality steel would be fine. I don't think hardening would be all that necessary for a short run competition engine.
    eh mate i got around to making the washers. ctankshaft and lower rod still have a bit of side float but atleast the small bearing wont be able to walk around off center as much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191011_204743.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	773.3 KB 
ID:	343344   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191011_205948.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	657.2 KB 
ID:	343345  

Bike
    none
    Geez they don't rev very high do they? It also strikes me as um, potentially somewhat dangerous?
    You wouldn't want the pilot suddenly realizing you slept with his wife!
    Dave, you're right: they don't rev very high. Maximum power comes at around 32.000 rpm and maximum revs are around 35.000 rpm, which, with a 19 mm stroke, works out at a mean piston speed of 22,2 m/s. If these little screamers were to equal the piston speed of an Aprilia RSA with 54,5 mm stroke and 14.500 max.rpm, they ought to rev to 41.600 rpm. Imagine what that would sound like.

Dangerous? Noticed the guy wearing the white ear protectors in the video? That's me, staying close to the pilot, which is definitely the safest place.
    Those F3D pilots are supposed to fly around three pylons and they don't want to lose time making detours, so sometimes they cut corners, literally.

Name:	Peter-1.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	343356 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peter-5.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	275.5 KB 
ID:	343357 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peter-6.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	294.0 KB 
ID:	343358 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peter-8.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	343359

Thread Information