Page 2099 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 10991599199920492089209720982099210021012109214921992599 ... LastLast
Results 31,471 to 31,485 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    Guy, its surprising how well the perf rear cone works.Varying the diameter and spacing of the holes you can shape the power curve dramatically.
    Along with the main body diameter/length/volume over the rear cone.

Richard - that is a reasonable assumption to make - but the issue is that the duct exit is too big anyways.
    Thus adding ears down the side produces the exact effect you are after , but this is almost exactly offset by the now even bigger area duct.
    But if one was to fill the roof and or floor and CNC the correct shape and exit area then that would be an entirely different matter.
    Wouldnt have a clue how to do that at all now would I.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    2001 kx250
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Wouldnt have a clue how to do that at all now would I.

No, not at all...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3950F9C2-B238-4B74-84EE-0C5CF43706F5.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	762.8 KB 
ID:	340855   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B70B0C91-0772-41F0-92B4-7DEA4B138AAA.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	767.3 KB 
ID:	340856  

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by karter444 View Post
    Hi Wobbly
    can i presume that all other things being equal a barrel with the aux exhaust port passages ground out wider all the way into the exhaust manifold will produce more power than one that hasnt been extended
    cheers Richard
    not to far back it seems like i might of posted some of how i did this for my yam twin, if not i could show how i did it. from engmod i knew the effective area at bore face and from there i figured the area i need at spigot exit , also the area halfway to exit, with the passage length being 2x bore. from there i figure how tall the ears would be and how wide the passage. this told me how much i needed to weld up the floor and how much to weld down the sides in order to create the wings. what helped me alot was i drew a 2d model on 5mm x 5mm graph paper

Bike
    husaberg
    Anyone able to translate Japanglish
    I was thinking this was about the Honda Bridged port with eyebrows porting deviation that yamaha made around that time?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	japanglish.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	340857
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by guyhockley View Post
    Frits, would it be worth trying perforated end cones a la 100cc kart pipes before cutting them off completely?
    Great minds think alike, Guy . This is how we tried to kill that nasty return pulse. The result (lack of) made me conclude that it wasn't just the pulse that messed things up; it had to be the Helmholtz resonance as well, so more drastic measures were called for. We'll turn those pipes into foulstroke megaphones; that'll teach 'm!

Name:	Lochkonus 2019-02-02-02.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	340859

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    The ones I have seen for karts have a perforated cone within the rear cone

Bike
    a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    This is how we tried to kill that nasty return pulse.
    Wobbly as well as Jan have stated here, that (having three exhaust ports) rising the auxilaries to the level of the main exhaust creates a power curve with about one HP more but way less powerband. I know from simulation experience as well as dyno work: this is true in oil&fuel as well as in bits&bites.

The Aprilia RSA has enough blowdown with about 199°.
    Please teach me: why does your engine with roughly twice as much specific exhaust time area should need only a fraction of lower exhaust opening duration AND a straight exhaust timing edge?
    What kind of scavenging scheme did you apply in the engine simulation?

Cheers, the curious
    Chris

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Michael Moore was looking for help identifying a hub centre steering set up. I had a couple of pictures that looked similar and one of them does seem to have helped. The other picture was from a Swiss hill climb, can't find much at all about it except a thread on an Australian forum! Thought TZ350 might find it amusing as the bike is using 6 injectors (on a twin...)

https://www.forum.motorcyclenews.bik...-seiler.22836/

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar

Question

PS. Dunger? Same as "old nail" or heap?

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by _____ View Post
    The Aprilia RSA has enough blowdown with about 199°. Please teach me:
    why does your engine with roughly twice as much specific exhaust time area should need only a fraction of lower exhaust opening duration AND a straight exhaust timing edge?
    What kind of scavenging scheme did you apply in the engine simulation?
    Chris, I think teaching should start with defining the correct terminology, so that we all know what I'm on about.
    Let's start with a port in a cylinder. That port has a certain area.
    We put that cylinder on a crankcase containing a crankshaft with a certain stroke and a certain conrod/stroke-ratio.
    Turning the crankshaft will give a certain angle.area for the port in the cylinder. So we can say that a port in a cylinder on an engine has a certain angle.area.
    Adding rpm will assign a certain time to that angle which gives us a time.area value. So a port in a cylinder on a running engine has a certain time.area.
    And finally dividing that TA value by the cylinder capacity, including the combustion volume (which everybody keeps forgetting) will give the specific time.area, which is an indication of how well an engine can breathe and at what rpm it will run out of breath.
    In theory every engine needs the same specific time.area. If one engine has more specific angle.area than another, we can rev it higher, so at the end of the day they will both have the same specific time.area.

My engine does not have roughly twice as much specific exhaust time.area. In fact it has infinite time.area as it's not running right now and with the ports permanently open, the sum total of open area multiplied by open time is infinite.
    We need to talk about angle.area instead. But my engine does not have much of that, because the exhaust floor is well above the transfer ceilings, so the total area of the exhaust ports is not that big.
    Now let's talk about blowdown angle.area. That it has; quite a lot, because with all of the exhaust port area situated above the transfers, all of it serves as blowdown area. There is so much blowdown area that I can afford to keep the timing low (for a competition engine) at 190°.
    By the way, where did you get the idea that my exhaust ports have straight timing edges? They don't, as you can see below, because the piston ring wouldn't like it.
    My engine simulation was fed with the applicable transfer layout: six radially aimed transfers, each with a 25° axial angle.

Name:	FOS-ki01.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	340864 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FOS-ki02.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	340865 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FOS-ki03.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	340866 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FOS-ki04.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	340867 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FOS-ki05.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	340868

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by guyhockley View Post
    Michael The other picture was from a Swiss hill climb, can't find much at all about it except a thread on an Australian forum! Thought TZ350 might find it amusing as the bike is using 6 injectors (on a twin...)

https://www.forum.motorcyclenews.bik...-seiler.22836/
    That is very interesting. He looks to have successfully done what I am still trying to do. I would love to know more about his setup, if anyone comes across any more info I would love to see it.

Six injectors makes sense for the TZ250.

This is my old EFI air cooled cylinder. For low speed there is a small injector in the middle that is fired on its own and for symmetry two injectors in the B ports doing the same amount of work but in less time at higher rpm.

The two injectors in the B ports are fired together as one logical injector. It is the range of RPM that the injectors have to cover and consequently the reduced time to get things done at the top end that makes two different sizes, a small and then a big injector required. Above about 9,000 rpm this sort of staged injection is required. Both the small and big logical injectors spit about the same amount of fuel per revolution but the big injector only gets a very short amount of time to do it.

Name:	Ecotrons EFI injector manifold.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	340869 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ecotrons Fuel Injectors.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	340870

Bike
    TZ400
    You have to be careful when looking at the STA numbers for the Aprillia.
    From direct measurement it would appear that it has way more transfer STA than Blowdown.
    This is not the case in reality as with the big radius on the Exhaust timing edge the effective Cd is increased such that the
    flow capability is perfectly matched to that of the transfers , without having to resort to even larger timing numbers.
    Having been told by " The Great Leader " here is the new pipe, Jan had to do this to the port design simply to make it work.
    If the guy doing the pipe engineering knew what he was doing , this may never have been needed.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well this is cute. This is a picture of me pushing my finger into the UPP Inlet manifold of my CPI Cheetah through a 50mm tear. There’s a matching one on the other side.
    Apparently, this isn’t an isolated incident. Some people will be laughing up their sleeve at my optimism.
    I guess I wasn’t looking for it, in a somewhat darkened area, but it explains some carburetion issues.
    Have to run the same angle so can’t use CR250 from which the Reedblock is sourced, or straighter shot as carbs just wouldn’t fit the tiny RG250 frame (& would overflow at more angle anyway, they like to as it is).
    Chariot seem to do a replacement, but any other ideas? I’m only running the smaller PWK35s.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UPP inlet tear.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	792.6 KB 
ID:	340871  
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TZ400
    Make an alloy adapter angle block - and use oval Mikuni flange rubbers.
    Pleny of examples on Ebay for Banshee.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I've done that before for a couple of the race bikes just doing 2 was putting me off when I'm a billion projects behind and wanted to ride it this summer.
    Sorry I'm just getting tired of this thing so I'm in whine mode.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information