Page 2138 of 2153 FirstFirst ... 11381638203820882128213621372138213921402148 ... LastLast
Results 32,056 to 32,070 of 32285

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

  1. #32056
    Join Date
    12th March 2010 - 16:56
    Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Location
    Hamilton New Zealand
    Posts
    2,009
    That poor little engine,

  2. #32057
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,770
    For the love of an imaginary friend- - Why?!?!!
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  3. #32058
    Join Date
    1st May 2016 - 13:54
    Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    For the love of an imaginary friend- - Why?!?!!
    They Race them.... because there are More than One of them, of course!..

    The Spanish village of Betxi hold a cultivator race around the village as part of their annual festival.

    Machines are limited to the 'original' fitted engines and the Bultaco's are quite tuneable and popular



    Link here: https://www.redbull.com/za-en/what-t...the-transbetxi

    Facebook page with lots of pics:https://www.facebook.com/groups/59162244965/?fref=ts

    Cheers, Daryl

  4. #32059
    Join Date
    7th September 2009 - 09:47
    Bike
    Yo momma
    Location
    Podunk USA
    Posts
    4,410
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    For the love of an imaginary friend- - Why?!?!!
    I dunno Dave, I think it looks like a bit of fun.

  5. #32060
    Join Date
    18th March 2013 - 04:44
    Bike
    Jawa 50 1989
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    149
    On pitlane was thread about tuning them by one competitor ( cant find it right now) top speed was around 100 kmh...

  6. #32061
    Join Date
    12th March 2010 - 16:56
    Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Location
    Hamilton New Zealand
    Posts
    2,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Muciek View Post
    On pitlane was thread about tuning them by one competitor ( cant find it right now) top speed was around 100 kmh...
    Thats pretty bloody good. Buggered if I would want to be on that thing at 100 Kph, race anything.
    So long as its got a twostroke on it.

  7. #32062
    Join Date
    5th April 2013 - 13:09
    Bike
    zuma50
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    312
    I'd like to try and make some Peek piston pin caps.

    Suggestions for securing caps to piston?

    No circlips, the caps snap into pistons circlip grooves. Does this sound like a good idea? Piston pin should stay secured this way, won't push caps out?

    Removing caps when performing a piston change. Drill hole in cap, punch other side out?

  8. #32063
    Join Date
    20th April 2011 - 08:45
    Bike
    none
    Location
    Raalte, Netherlands
    Posts
    2,740
    Sounds strangely familiar Jonny .
    Kidding aside, in case you really missed what I posted about the subject, you can find some pictures (and a lot of other stuff) here:https://jmp.sh/uXqkAr9
    No need to drill one of the caps in order to remove them. Just punch a tiny hole in one of 'm and apply air pressure; then the other cap will pop out, after which you can poke a screwdriver through the piston pin and push the first one out from the inside. Both caps are re-usable; the tiny hole won't matter.

  9. #32064
    Join Date
    16th April 2018 - 08:17
    Bike
    RC51
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    19

    Spark Plugs

    There's something on my mind that's constantly got me scratching my head. Spark plugs. I see over and over on various online communities (2T & 4T) with experts stating their 'opinions' on how to read a spark plug. Everyone seems to have their own variation. It usually comes down to... read the color here, measure the smoke ring there, count how many threads, etc, etc. Of course, this is usually in reference to the plugs telling you if the engine wants more or less timing, fuel, etc. This seems bass akwards to me. Shouldn't the dyno tell you what fuel and timing the engine wants? Once that is established, maybe check the plugs and make sure they aren't overheating, melting, fouling etc.? Stated another way... if we are looking at the burn mark position on the bend in the ground strap, couldn't we change the position by choosing a different heat range plug and not even touch the tune?

    For example....Let's say someone brought an engine in for tuning, with completely unknown history and no spark plugs. What is the thought process to tune the engine and specify a spark plug? What specific parts of the plug are we looking at and what are we looking for?

    Thanks in advance!

  10. #32065
    Join Date
    29th January 2015 - 09:21
    Bike
    kart
    Location
    wellington
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Sounds strangely familiar Jonny .
    Kidding aside, in case you really missed what I posted about the subject, you can find some pictures (and a lot of other stuff) here:https://jmp.sh/uXqkAr9
    No need to drill one of the caps in order to remove them. Just punch a tiny hole in one of 'm and apply air pressure; then the other cap will pop out, after which you can poke a screwdriver through the piston pin and push the first one out from the inside. Both caps are re-usable; the tiny hole won't matter.
    Hi Frits
    do you know where you can buy piston pin plugs similar to the ones as per your photos
    regards Richard

  11. #32066
    Join Date
    20th April 2011 - 08:45
    Bike
    none
    Location
    Raalte, Netherlands
    Posts
    2,740
    Nope. A friend used to make them for a while, but he is too busy expanding his empire. That is why I posted the pictures and drawings here, in the open, so everybody could give it a try themselves. They're not that difficult to make.

  12. #32067
    Join Date
    12th March 2010 - 16:56
    Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Location
    Hamilton New Zealand
    Posts
    2,009
    Haha, Frits, it's a bugger being a know it all, all these questions day after day. But we thank you for your time to answer them, I'm glad some one knows the right answers.
    And when you consider the whole twostroke world, we are glad you come over to our little corner. Thank You, we appreciate you.

  13. #32068
    Join Date
    20th April 2011 - 08:45
    Bike
    none
    Location
    Raalte, Netherlands
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Haha, Frits, it's a bugger being a know it all, all these questions day after day. But we thank you for your time to answer them, I'm glad some one knows the right answers.
    And when you consider the whole twostroke world, we are glad you come over to our little corner. Thank You, we appreciate you.
    Thanks Neil, you made my day (night really, because it's 01:28 am over here).
    What do you mean by 'our little corner'? KiwiBiker? I'll have you know that Kiwibiker and Pit-Lane are the two open forums that I appreciate the most. I really enjoy coming here.
    There's a trick in knowing the right answers: start at an early age, make all the mistakes you can think of, and grow old. And I have to thank my father who let me find my own way, and Jan Thiel who shared his thoughts with me, and a lot of friends with whom I brainstorm over tea (that's emot) and stronger beverages.
    I'm a happy camper .

  14. #32069
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Thanks Neil, you made my day (night really, because it's 01:28 am over here).
    What do you mean by 'our little corner'? KiwiBiker? I'll have you know that Kiwibiker and Pit-Lane are the two open forums that I appreciate the most. I really enjoy coming here.
    There's a trick in knowing the right answers: start at an early age, make all the mistakes you can think of, and grow old. And I have to thank my father who let me find my own way, and Jan Thiel who shared his thoughts with me, and a lot of friends with whom I brainstorm over tea (that's emot) and stronger beverages.
    I'm a happy camper .
    Can you see if Emot are still selling the Russian insulating paint, i had a look on the website the other dauy and couldnt see it.



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  15. #32070
    Join Date
    24th January 2014 - 08:12
    Bike
    1988, Yamaha RD350 YPVS
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Can you see if Emot are still selling the Russian insulating paint, i had a look on the website the other dauy and couldnt see it.
    Funny husa, I was looking for the very same stuff two days ago :-)
    But an other question, since it is possible to ceramic-coat exhaust pipes, wouldnt it be possible to do the same to the inside of a crankhousing?
    My Vespa engines are getting hot as hell...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •