Page 2070 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 10701570197020202060206820692070207120722080212021702570 ... LastLast
Results 31,036 to 31,050 of 39408

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Ahh. Primo. I set servo for full open at idle and that's where it goes. Down button now cycles down and then back to open. Put back to as was.

Hmm. Tiny box just under 1st entry. Maybe that's hysteresis. Set to 100 now.

As can see closed off to hide hole before 7. Dyno tomorrow to play.

Due to lose access to it after like a couple of decades and before when Chris Sayle owned it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181211_205706.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	712.2 KB 
ID:	339838  
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Anything with 2 wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    https://www.google.nl/search?newwind...mg.wx9Fjq8fbVM

https://www.google.nl/search?newwind...19.LgqqqJiycEk

These websites show mostly foul-stroke connectors. But I seem to remember that a number of kart engines also had a ball exhaust coupling, Rotax for example.
    The Aprilia RS125 street bike has a ball type exhaust connector.

Bike
    Anything with 2 wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Yes you are correct TeeZee. With a bunch of points on the curve the response time is alot slower.
    Enough that you can see it cant keep up , on the dyno when accelerating real quick in the lower gears.
    Personally I dont like the Race servo operation, as the thing supplies power to the servo motor if its even 1mV off the programmed value.
    In a P2 as soon as the position is within the set value , including the hysteresis , the power is off completely.
    Interesting that you should say this Wobbly.
    I tried the Ignitech Race unit on my RS250NX5 and got shite results due to the exhaust valve doing all sorts of weird stuff. I only did half a run and aborted as the servo movement was obviously way off the mark. I'd fiddled a bit with the ignition map, but I'd left the valve map as they'd delivered it, just to see what their settings were like, but it was just so wrong that I thought that something was smoked! The actual power at peak. and after peak was slightly more than the HRC unit, but it lost all mid range as the valve seemed to have no idea what it was supposed to be doing!

FYI between the first and last (start/end) points, there's 9 points in between, which seems very excessive!

Thankfully I just finished my NX5 bench test unit so am now able to map the stock CDI ignition timing and valve timing to see where it's at, and I can then play a bit more seriously with the Ignitech.

Matt.

Bike
    TZ400
    I fail to see how any "map " as delivered in any CDI can be used without first entering the full up, and full down mV values
    with the servo driving the valve via correctly adjusted cables.
    Even tiny cable adjustment will change the values.
    As I have said before , the simple way to do the up/down check is to disconnect a power wire to the servo, and manually drive the servo wheel to the limits
    and note the values off the on line screen.
    I know for sure that in the RS125 be in NF4 or NXA the Ignitech cdi will not drive the Honda coils as the resistance and or inductance of the primary is wrong.
    Use Suzuki or Aprilia coils ( less than 0.2 ohm ) and it works fine - or you can use a P2 and parallel the outputs with the stock coil.
    I use a P4 in twins and do the same thing with Aprilia coils as well - mega spark power.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Original GP125.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	339880

This is pretty much how all the team bikes looked when we started out building Buckets. Made some progress since then.

Had the Black EFI Beast on the dyno tonight. Pipe kicks in at 8,000 rpm and the engine hits the rev limiter at 13,500 rpm.

Suzuki GP100 engine with a RD400 connecting rod and massive crankcase volume.

13,500 rpm is getting a bit frightening.

Fueling is no where right yet, too rich up top. So the big question is, can it take a few more revs.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Had the Black EFI Beast on the dyno tonight. Pipe kicks in at 8,000 rpm and the engine hits the rev limiter at 13,500 rpm. For a Suzuki GP100 engine with a RD400 connecting rod, massive crankcase volume. 13,500 rpm is getting a bit frightening. Fueling is no where right yet, too rich up top. So the big question is, can it take a few more revs.
    With a pressure-fed big end: easily.

Bike
    youtube andreas länström

Waves

Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    With a pressure-fed big end: easily.

This was not a repy to a post, but a question in general. When a pressure wave encounter a baffle, does it reflect (and spread) progressively in a linear fashion or does it or is the 'bounce' effect somehow accumulated by other means? So if yes a linear reflection and a multi-staged baffle could be used to dress the power delivery, the positive wave will want to go back to a sawtooth shape-how great is this tendency?

Bike
    youtube andreas länström

Waves

Quote Originally Posted by lodgernz View Post
    I think the SoS in air is around 331m/s, and at 480* it's around 550m/s.
    That's the figure I usually use, but maybe Frits is already factoring that into his formula, and expects us to use the SoS in air.
    Can't eat choc fish. Hurts my knackered old teeth.
    Not answering the 88 constant, but speed of one positive pulse is higher than speed of sound, as is a negative slower, there is also different gas properties than air.

Bike
    Anything with 2 wheels
    I fail to see how any "map " as delivered in any CDI can be used without first entering the full up, and full down mV values
    with the servo driving the valve via correctly adjusted cables.
    Even tiny cable adjustment will change the values.
    As I have said before , the simple way to do the up/down check is to disconnect a power wire to the servo, and manually drive the servo wheel to the limits
    and note the values off the on line screen.
    I know for sure that in the RS125 be in NF4 or NXA the Ignitech cdi will not drive the Honda coils as the resistance and or inductance of the primary is wrong.
    Use Suzuki or Aprilia coils ( less than 0.2 ohm ) and it works fine - or you can use a P2 and parallel the outputs with the stock coil.
    I use a P4 in twins and do the same thing with Aprilia coils as well - mega spark power.
    Wobbly,

I will proceed with more caution when I do the next test.
    Just threw my meter on an RS250 NX5 coil. 0.8 ohm. Also tested an NSR250 coil while I was in the shed; 0.5 ohm. I have some RGV stuff kicking around at home somewhere, so it would be an interesting test to try to different coils side by side.

I see Ignitech have a low resistance (0.2 ohm), low inductance (0.08mH) coil (gnition coil IC-CDI-Fi). Have you tried this? And if so, how does it compare with the RGV coils?

I don't have a P4 in stock. Just a handful of P2's. Maybe I should be looking at throwing a P4 on the bike, with the coils you recommend, and enjoying "mega spark power"

So quick question. Why do HRC use such a huge beefy coil? I guess that it's just the way things worked with Shindengen CDIs back in the day.

Cheers,

Matt.

Bike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Micro Peristaltic Pump.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	457.1 KB 
ID:	339882

I found that on its own the direct big end oiler delivered to much oil. So I connected it to one of the Ignitecs power jet controllers and now I can program when it runs. The oiler only runs now at WOT and high load, high RPM..... Job done.

Attachment 339489 Attachment 339490 Made a direct big end oiling pump for the Beast from a micro peristaltic pump and mini VSD drive.
    Attachment 339318 ... direct B/E oiling modification.
    Attachment 339239 back together again after replacing the rod kit and using a special crank pin Flettner made for me that has direct posi lube oiling to the big end.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    A bit frustrated and running out of dyno time. Might sneak one more in before it goes.

But I'm losing power trace as power approaches 100hp on my RZ350/496. I'd thought it was clutch slip and modified the clutch for an extra plate alongside the stiffer springs. And it still did it. Tying it down harder stopped the issue last year.

This week I'd found the drum on the old dynojet was oily so have cleaned that off and I need to tie it down pretty tight.

I suspect I'm getting tyre slip as the trace just stops still on the way up, say 500rpm from peak at circa 97hp. Viewing in mph instead of revs doesn't help.

Might try lower tyres pressure. Centre of drum might get a can of brake clean. It isn't as knurled in centre any more. But maybe it is still the clutch.

Hmm

Bike
    TZ400
    Matt , the Ignitech coils seem to work the same as the RGV / RS250 coils.
    Its a matter of matching the output circuit of the DCDC converter to the reactive impedance of the coil.
    Ignitech have chosen one pairing , Honda another.

TeeZee , HRC on the RS250 road bikes also put full pump flow into the crank when on the overun ie high rpm - no throttle.
    Same as KTM did with an injector on the GP engines - and for the same reason.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Centre of drum might get a can of brake clean. It isn't as knurled in centre any more.
    We sometimes have the same problem. Same sort of wear on the drum too. Cleaning the Drum and Tyre, especially the Tyre with lots of brake clean and wiping with a rag generally sorts it.

Bike
    TeeZee , HRC on the RS250 road bikes also put full pump flow into the crank when on the overun ie high rpm - no throttle. Same as KTM did with an injector on the GP engines - and for the same reason.
    Thanks for the heads up. I can program that into the Ignitec.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    We sometimes have the same problem. Same sort of wear on the drum too. Cleaning the Drum and Tyre, especially the Tyre with lots of brake clean and wiping with a rag generally sorts it.
    Roger. Will get on it. Tyre is hardly worn but pretty old, to my shame.

Thread Information