Page 1999 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 9991499189919491989199719981999200020012009204920992499 ... LastLast
Results 29,971 to 29,985 of 39422

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    derbi
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Ken's right as usual.
    What I would also suggest is to go see a powdercoater and get anything you want to weld soaked in a Trichlorethylene bath.
    Hello, may I drop into this conversation? I'm a long time reader of this thread but never posted before! I feel the need to say that even if you could get your parts cleaned with Trichloroethylene that it would be a really bad idea as this is the chemical that turns to phosgene gas when arc welding!! A guy at my work nearly killed himself doing just that.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00539023

Sorry to make my first contribution such a negative one, I'll try to bring some positive vibes to the party next time I promise!
    Mark
    Ps: This is a great thread by the way! Thanks to all the contributers and thanks to TZ for starting it.

Bike
    1974 Yamaha RD250
    It would be nice to have unfinished precast aircooled heads of various sizes available so the older iron could be kept running with a better designed combustion chamber...

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Nothing new under the sun department:
    This is from a description of the Scott 6 cylinder car engine and touches on a couple of recent topics.

"Crankcase compression for each chamber was maintained by the oil film in the mains roller races, which were of a special close-tolerance type, each with a positive oil-reed from one of two metering pumps situated fore and aft of a chain-driven auxiliary shaft. There were actually four oilpumps working in the same system: the main primary pump drew lubricant from the sump and fed it under pressure to the intakesof the two metering pumps. A pressure relief valve discharged oil to the auxiliary shaft bearings and chains, and a scavenge pump withdrew surplus oil from each erankchamber and returned it to the sump. The " metering pumps " were operated by swashplates coupled to the throttle linkage: as the opening increased, so did the stroke of the six plungers in each pump body. (One to each main bearing, and one to each cylinder bore.)

Cylinder construction was novel and provisionally patented : the lower section of each bore was formed by a sleeve in which ports were accurately machined, and which was pressed into position up a -counter-bore in the cylinder proper—a chromidium iron casting with normal exhaust and transfer ports. The protruding port-sleeves spigoted into the crankcase, while the upper junction of each liner and cylinder was adapted as an oil-groove communicating with a surrounding gallery fed from one of the swashplate pump plungers. Evenly spaced notches admitted the oil to conventional Scott heat-treated Y-alloy deflector pistons, and small cuts aroundthe skirts distributed it evenly around the bore."

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Yeah but hurry. You'll need to get there before the turn of last century.
    Are you saying they're now OSH banned Dave ? Last time I was in to my favoured coaters in ChCh, the bath was still there and appeared to be in use.

The powdercoaters appear to get around the gas problem by doing the preheat in a vented oven.
    It's still the best way of getting a contaminated casting clean IMO.

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Here is the first test-file of my Porting Excel : http://users.telenet.be/jannemie/Jan...ng%20Test.xlsm

I've already tested it a lot, but might be better if other people test it to . any comment is welcome. Especialy if someone with Engmod would like to compare the results

It is based arround the Bimotion-Idea (only the idea, it's all mine ) because it gives total freedom in port-design. Ports are not limited to any geometrical shapes at all. I know it is not the "handiest" way to design ports quickly, but that does not outweigh the advantage of free design in my opinion. Especialy if someone with Engmod would like to compare the results

It shows actual portmap, portlay-out from top, calculates : A.A, T.A, width between all bridges, exhaust port width % of bore, the direction of the scavenging column, the ideal safe-exhaust-port-roof-depending on the width of the port, and lot's more basic stuff.

still need to make a "how to use it" file, but most is obvious and there are lot's of remarks on it with explanation.
    feel free to do anything you want with it, as long as you leave me as the creator and Frits for his help (not personaly, but through the forum) mentionned somewhere, even if it is only small, stashed away in a corner out of sight.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Are you saying they're now OSH banned Dave ? Last time I was in to my favoured coaters in ChCh, the bath was still there and appeared to be in use.

The powdercoaters appear to get around the gas problem by doing the preheat in a vented oven.
    It's still the best way of getting a contaminated casting clean IMO.
    None of the ones I know have one, well at least they admit to. Got told they got rid of them ages ago. But hey maybe some retain them.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    None of the ones I know have one, well at least they admit to. Got told they got rid of them ages ago. But hey maybe some retain them.
    Factories where I worked in the seventies usually had a bucket of "trike" so you could wash your hands before eating your sarnies!

Bike
    BMW R1200R 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    All this information about crank/big end oiling is very Interesting .... Thanks.
    Imagine a modern 250 or 300 enduro engine, the ktm TPI which has Fletner type injection, oil injection but sadly enough limited to the throttle body, and a balance shaft. If this engine could be equiped with a BRP E-TEC 850 oil pump, and a crankshaft with rollers like in this engine we would then have a MX engine with four stroke reliability for the crankshaft.
    Wobbly told us that a ktm 250 can be tuned to 65+ HP but when revved to 11.000 rpm the engine needs frequent maintenance. I wonder if an E-Tec type of crankshaft + forced oiling system could overcome that handicap and make the engine more reliable.

The electronic oil pump is not cheap, 370 dollar, but the specific crankshaft of the E-Tec is expensive to the extreme. 2900 dollar
    Not sure if this is because it is made of unobtanium or some form of extra terrestrial metalurgy or just greed from BRP...

https://www.ronniesmailorder.com/oem...gine-850-e-tec

Bike
    zuma50
    TZ350, you might find this useful.

https://youtu.be/8YgCcV16MnU

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    OxyRacer, JonnyQuest, Peter1962, GuyHockly and JanBros.

Thanks, great ideas I will have a good look at them.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure I don' want a 65hp dirtbike
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2001 kx250
    I'm pretty sure I DO want a 65hp dirtbike (75hp would be even better)

Bike
    BMW R1200R 2009
    I surely would one, if equiped with a Power CDI ignition to make the horsepower usable.

The 450 foulstrokes make 52 to 54 hp from factory. The best tuned engines (like Chad Reed his bike) make 64 hp on the dyno. Not with standard ignition system of course.

Bike
    TZ400
    Yes it is very possible to get 65 RWHp from a 250 MX engine, but even with an Ignitech driving the PV and ignition functions
    it has NO throttle response below around 7500 and is specifically designed to rev past 11,000 so that when hitting 5th gear ( no 6 speeds any more )
    it doesnt drop into a torque hole and simply will not accelerate ( due to aero ).
    The pipe is so fat it would be all but impossible to fit and when the power valve opens the hit is so hard it would instantly break traction every gearchange.
    In short, not MX suitable even remotely.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    TZ350, you might find this useful.

https://youtu.be/8YgCcV16MnU
    I very much like this....

Thread Information